Hello I’m new,first e-bike ,can anyone tell me how I find out,the year the bike is/info,it supposed to be a stealth bomber any help appreciated thanks

tinkttt

10 µW
Hello I’m new,first e-bike ,can anyone tell me how I find out,the year the bike is/info,it supposed to be a stealth bomber any help appreciated thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpeg
    IMG_4535.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4534.jpeg
    IMG_4534.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 36
I moved your post out of the "Just had an earthquake in Los Angeles" thread (what a wierd place to post it) into it's own thread in the motorcycle section.

As for what year or any other definite specific info about it, you'd have to contact the manufacturer with the serial number of the bike. If it's actually a real stealth bomber, that's stealthbikes.au , but it's probably one of the bajillions of low-quality clones built either by an individual or one of the many often-low-quality companies out there.

Moved to the bike section since this is technically a bicycle chassis.
If you can post pictures of the serial number / any markings, that'd help identify it.

But yeah AW is right, there's a million clones of this bike, so good luck identifying it, hehe..

Definetely not a genuine Stealth Bomber - This is a K5 stealth clone frame
Here is a link to a fake bomber k5 frame - the one you posted a picture of must have the controller mounted inside the frame as the controller cover is removed.

Genuine Stealth has a Vbox gearbox and single speed rear - K5 you posted has a chainring and a derailer (and poorly sized chain!)
Genuine Stealth has a display embeded in the top of the frame,
Genuine the Stealth logos on the side covers on on top of the frame-
Has much much better build quality (both in materials and construction - lifetime frame warrenty)

The asking price would also reflect the fact is not a genuine Stealth

How much are they asking what voltage is it what kind of information do you have about the battery as it is the most important part on an electric bike. There has been a thousands of s***** batteries made insufficient Chinese copy of a cell even with the name and the model number on the wrapper.
How did you come about it did you see a ad in the paper or online can you give us a copy of it
How much are they asking ?

Definetely not a genuine Stealth Bomber - This is a K5 stealth clone frame
Here is a link to a fake bomber k5 frame - the one you posted a picture of must have the controller mounted inside the frame as the controller cover is removed.

Genuine Stealth has a Vbox gearbox and single speed rear - K5 you posted has a chainring and a derailer (and poorly sized chain!)
Genuine Stealth has a display embeded in the top of the frame,
Genuine the Stealth logos on the side covers on on top of the frame-
Has much much better build quality (both in materials and construction - lifetime frame warrenty)

The asking price would also reflect the fact is not a genuine Stealth
Thankyou,bought as a project,after my stroke,the charger that came with bike,did nothing,new charger off yose charged it up😄😄,with help last night she lit up display on throttle ,so seems it working off throttle in the garage,,it a real yose 48v ,but a 2nd battery ,looks home made,has 2 conectors,and unsure were to plug in,the available off controller,??? And help advice ?front light light up as a test plugged in 2nd batt,is someone tryed making 72v IDK,like I say I’m brand new to e-bikes,I’m 53 lol and hope u say/ type as the stroke effects thankyou very much!!

Attachments

• IMG_4594.jpeg
    IMG_4594.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4593.jpeg
    IMG_4593.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4595.jpeg
    IMG_4595.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Thankyou,bought as a project,after my stroke,the charger that came with bike,did nothing,new charger off yose charged it up😄😄,with help last night she lit up display on throttle ,so seems it working off throttle in the garage,,it a real yose 48v ,but a 2nd battery ,looks home made,has 2 conectors,and unsure were to plug in,the available off controller,??? And help advice ?front light light up as a test plugged in 2nd batt,is someone tryed making 72v IDK,like I say I’m brand new to e-bikes,I’m 53 lol and hope u say/ type as the stroke effects thankyou very much!!
Heya Tinkttt - Your post is a little confusing but just to clarify
* Your Stealth Clone came with a 48V battery that wouldn't charge with the charger you had. You've bought another charger that appears to charge it up and power the bike?
* Why not just run it with this setup?
* Is the second battery you refer to the one in the picture with the scooter?
* If that is the second battery you are referiing to, before you would do anything with that you would want to confirm the voltage of that. It looks like some Lipo bricks that have been connected in serial/parallel. It also looks very bodgy workmanship and personally i'd run a mile from that if your new to ebikes. Lipo can be very unsafe if you don't know what your doing.
* If you were determined to use it, you would need to confirm what voltage it is (You would need a multimeter to test)
* You would need to confirm your controller could take the higher voltage (The voltage range might be on the controller label)
* You would need to likley change the connecters to match the controller connectors
* How would you plan on charging this lipo setup if you did get it working? Lipo not really a good idea for someone not familiar with Lipo and the risks involved.

That seems like too many unknowns for someone new to ebikes - i would just run on the current working 48V setup if i were you and take that Lipo pack far far from my house!!

I think I sussed it out,that second battery,it looks it been put in just for the Led lights,wire from controller,to battery,too front light and thankyou for taking your time to help,had my first outing yesterday,loving the bike,so comfy,looking at the motoX type seat conversion tbh,waiting for nee ignition,lock,and couple other bits,before sending to my painter who does all my motorbikes ,going for the same look as one of Kawasaki’s,omg,I re-read the end of your msg, ok I’m taking it away out of my house!!!! Thank u. Again

Attachments

• F2A8C196-15F5-4FF6-BDE0-1447642CF4C0.jpeg
    F2A8C196-15F5-4FF6-BDE0-1447642CF4C0.jpeg
    570.7 KB · Views: 4
You need a cell meter meant for LiPO R/C batteries. And check every cell in that pack if you have any blow 2.8v get rid of it none of those individual batteries as 6s or 4s check them individually for balance. If they are badly on balance store them in a barbecue. Or storm in a barbecue to you verify the light bulb battery is balanced.

Don't just stick it on a bulk charger and think everything's okay . 48volts How many amps is the controller ?

Looking again I don't know what exactly that battery is wrapped up in black electrical tape

You need a cell meter meant for LiPO R/C batteries. And check every cell in that pack if you have any blow 2.8v get rid of it none of those individual batteries as 6s or 4s check them individually for balance. If they are badly on balance store them in a barbecue. Or storm in a barbecue to you verify the light bulb battery is balanced.

Don't just stick it on a bulk charger and think everything's okay . 48volts How many amps is the controller ?

Looking again I don't know what exactly that battery is wrapped up in black electrical tape
Yea looks wrapped in some type yellow material,and wrapped in black tape,is it possible,they had that 2nd batttry back,just for led lights one connects to controlet,and 2nd plug goes to front light ?? Maybe ? I’ve not tryed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4

Also advice,which charger/testerto buy??

I can't see what's going on with these batteries is there a pigtail of sense wires for balancing. Like a R/C hobby battery.. Or can be an Alibaba pack of a certain voltage.
You can check with a multimeter.at the mains . The yellow is a fiberglass-style fiberboard to insulate it.

I'm talking about that small seven wire balance lead.
Can you see this on the side of the pack. This is where you would hook up a cell meter if it doesn't have that it might have some form of a BMS it could be a standalone pack and not a RC lipo pack which can be very dangerous if on balance or over discharge and then recharged.
So it might not be an RC lipo pack ?
Maybe some more pics.

Last edited:
Back