Please help in identifying this e-bike charger connection.

Stoopdlow

1 µW
IMG_0512.jpeg

This is the battery recharge connection on my e-bike. I have lost the charger that came with bike but I never really paid much attention to the connection, so when it comes to choosing the correct replacement I’m clueless as to what I’m looking for. Can anyone identify what kind of connection this is and what the male connection is called or looks like. It’s a flat battery pack on rear of bike if that helps at all, 36v battery. Any other info required to identify please ask. If you are able to supply link to correct recharger, much appreciated.

Thanks

There've been a number of threads on figuring out connectors like this one; some of them should be in one or more of these lists

There's lots of others not in those lists; i don't have enough time to think of all possible terms....

ST3PlugExamples.jpg

Looks like an ST3

ST3PlugExamples.jpg

Looks like an ST3

That looks exactly like what I’m looking for, thank you very much. You’ve definitely saved me a great deal of time, most likely a decent amount of cash saved as well. Which I likely would have wasted on incorrect chargers. E- HP thank you.

The good news is identifying the connector, the bad news is that it's an "ST-3". Nothing technically wrong with the connector but it's very rare (both on it's own and installed on a charger).

No matter what charger you end up with you shouldn't lose any investment as you can always cut off the incorrect connector from a good charger and attach the correct ST-3 connector. Or another option that might present itself is that a pre made adapter cable might work on it's own. If not it's a straight forward bit of simple electrical work (cutting, splicing, soldering, and taping it all up) to modify a charger's connector, and even if you are not comfortable doing it yourself finding someone local who can should be easy.

The only consistent source of the connectors (and only on chargers or as part of adapter cables) that I know of is Grin (ebikes.ca). Years ago I used the XLR - ST-3 adapter cable as a donor for a different charger I have. I (and I assume many others) would like to find a source for ST-3 plugs and sockets ... does anyone have information on a source for just the bare connectors?

That looks exactly like what I’m looking for, thank you very much. You’ve definitely saved me a great deal of time, most likely a decent amount of cash saved as well. Which I likely would have wasted on incorrect chargers. E- HP thank you.
I have the same battery I bought used online, I bought that cable from GRIN, and I am not able to get it to click and go in all the way, if you look at the base of the female port on the battery and the GRIN cable, the GRIN cable look meatier.
Not sure....
I will post a pic if it helps any.

Last edited:
looks the grin cable has thicker pin

Attachments

• grin 3.jpg
    grin 3.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 2
  • grin2.jpg
    grin2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 2
  • grin1.jpg
    grin1.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 3
Looks like the OPs battery pic, in the middle, is a fairly close match with the Grin connector at the bottom. However, not a very good match with the other battery on top.
Might not be the exact same battery.

G3.jpg

looks the grin cable has thicker pin

It appears to be a different actual connector--the shape of the plastic is significantly different.

This is usualy done as a form of keying to prevent connection of otherwise similar connectors that may be incompatible because of current, voltage, or other signal differences.

Sometimes it's just because various connector manufacturers decide not to follow the original drawing for whatever reason they thought of at the time.

But it still leaves them incompatible, and may require changing out the one you can't locate a compatible mate for.

Back