Help Brushless Controller Replacement

Jacol68

1 µW
Hi Firstly apologies as I’m not very tech minded. I’ve been unsuccessfully scouring the internet looking for a replacement for a brushless motor controller that seems to be faulty on my 2013 e-bike has anyone heard of a manufacturer called TG? Can anyone suggest an alternative replacement?
The unit measures 8.8x5.1x3 cm and has 31 wires as follows:
5: red, black, blue, green, yellow(power and motor)
6 pin: red, black, blue, green, yellow, white
5 pin: red, black, blue, green, yellow
3 pin: red, black, green
3 pin: red, black, yellow
2 pin: red, black
2 pin: red, black
2 pin: blue, black
2 pin: blue, black
1 pin: yellow
I’ve no diagram I’m afraid as the bike came to me 2nd hand. If I could track down the manufacturer that would give me a start. Photo attached. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

If you know the voltage and wattage of the motor, you could buy a complete controller kit, with matching throttle, brake levers, display, and pedal sensor. Buy it with a 4:1 connector and all the connectors fit, except the motor.

That's going to be easier than trying to splice in a new controller/display if you're not good with electrical work.

Probably under $100. A controller is at least $30 plus you need a display $20-30.

Thanks all - sorry my original pic had been a bit on the large side so it didn’t upload. I think it looks like I might have to, as suggested, replace the whole controller kit. Was trying to avoid that because t it might well be the most straightforward solution. If anyone does have any info on this company, I’d be grateful to hear :D

If the controller is easy to open, some pictures of the inside of it could be usefull.
You also might post some pictures of the different connection plugs and maybe point out what they connect 2.

There is nothing universal about the colors used for the wires.
Black is usually gnd and red "some" supply voltage, but that's pretty much it.
The bigger wires are high current like the battery connection and the motor phases...

Further, a picture of the display might also help in identifying the unit.

Next, you need to figure out if the controller uses hall sensors.
Other differences could be in the pas sensor and the brake contacts. As you can see that controller uses active low.
Are you sure the controller is toast? A defective hall sensor can also cause malfunctioning.

Back