Help identifying pouch cell

SunGear

1 mW
So I have no idea what cells these are or what their specs are. Only thing I have is a barcode that reads "JG214H07462". Trying to expand this battery with identical cells.

They're pouch cells, measuring 300mm x 95mm x 14.5mm

I don't know that cell p/n, but:

What are the *battery pack's* specs?

How many cells in series and parallel?

Knowing those will tell you what each cell is capable of, so that you can get cells capable of the same thing (or better).

If you need exactly identical cells, it could be tough, depending on the age and origin of the pack. They could be discontinued, or even custom-made for a battery manufacturer, etc.

Turns out the barcode was a serial number.
Used dimensions and battery pack (120ah... Though I was dubious at first) to find cell
https://m.made-in-china.com/product/High-Safety-Li-ion-Batteries-3-7V-60ah-Lithium-Battery-Pouch-Cell-for-Electric-Vehicle-1957693105.html

Still unsure if chemistry. Chargers for it are lithium ion but there is a small possibility it's a lipo

FYI
Found an app for my Android phone that can read Chinese. It's superimposes English right over Chinese so you can read it directly.

It's literally the outcome of augmented reality

Anyway
If you ever come across any Chinese characters you can now read them is easy as putting on magic glasses

Good luck

-methods

Lipo cells only have serial numbers, if you are unsure of the chimistry, charge to 3,65V with imax and se if it drops to 3,3V.

The Battery Doctor said:
Lipo cells only have serial numbers, if you are unsure of the chimistry, charge to 3,65V with imax and se if it drops to 3,3V.

wut ?

DogDipstick said:
The Battery Doctor said:

wut ?

Makes sense to me. Lifepo4 will drop after fully charged, maybe not 3.3v immediately, more like 3.45V.

Lifepo4 pouches are not that common, I'd bet it's a Li-ion chemistry. Blow one up just to make sure :twisted:

Makes sense to me. Lifepo4 will drop after fully charged, maybe not 3.3v immediately, more like 3.45V.

Lifepo4 pouches are not that common, I'd bet it's a Li-ion chemistry. Blow one up just to make sure :twisted:
Sorry I'm new to this............................. my reply should of been on video............ To see me in hysterical laughter ............................ composing myself again.......................when you said blow one up .................................................................................................... did you mean see if it puffs up ........................................................... (sorry, sides hurting)................................................. or mean try and recreate the famous ET slogan (bike travelling thru space) ............. Sorry could not resist LOL............ I'm crying now.

Keith.

Please ignore this post if that was a serious suggestion, I will have a similar problem identifying pouch cells, which was why I read this thread. Never thought of burning the house down........................ Sorry............. more tears.................. feel free to slap me.

Sorry can't see now.

Back