Hi-power cycles Anyone have experience with them

richirich1113 said:
if you read my posts to the guy you would have read that i told the guy to research every possible ebike site that he can find and make his own decision.

I really hope so, because vdhhdv has received, allot of great information's and very knowledgable arguments from members here like Neptronix to name a few and all of this, before my first reply!

Now let's talk about you Richrich or what ever your name is... both of you are new members here and you are talking on the same post on the same days on the same subject also... it's just a pure coincidence ? I guess not and I can't believe :x

Ho and I'm really excited to see how you will help people in the near future, I mean really and not trying to sell Hi Power Cycle product to a newbie on this forum... :lol: :lol: :wink:

Good day!
Black Arrow

Ive got nothing to do with hipower cycles, i live in Wa not so cal. it is just a coincidense that we both signed on the same day, i also signed up to two other sites also. And damm i was just excited that i saw a post from somebody asking about a bike i just got and thought i was helping to give some input on it. There was another guy from switzerland that also chimed in about his bike he bought from them with nothing really bad to say about it
So think what you want

richirich1113 said:
its great everybody has to chime in with some BS.

You get advice from people with years of experience pushing BMC/MAC motors to their limits, people with years of experience testing batteries, people who know the true costs of building a bike that would perform the same as hipowercycles', a few people who have been watching hi-powercycles for a few years..

Then you say we're just giving you BS..
Great way to introduce yourself to a community.

And yes, when we see two people sign up in 1 day to talk about some product, many users here often smell guerilla marketing and react as such.

This my gas bike on another site that i built. im not new to building bikes im just new to electric ones
http://motorbicycling.com/f42/29r-genisis-almost-done-34580.html
And i didnt say everyone was giving me bs, this thread is just going around and around. The guy just wanted to know if anyone had one and what they thought of it. all i was trying to do was give the guy my opinion on what i thought about the bike.
THATS IT.
and so why werent the other two guys that also chimed in about their bikes that came from high-power cycles with nothing bad to say about them also accused of working for them.
This thread just got ridiculous Im beggining to feel sorry i even signed up here.
But thanks to those i have gotten some good info from.
Have a great day!

richirich1113 said:
two guys that also chimed in about their bikes that came from high-power cycles with nothing bad to say about them also accused of working for them.

First both of them are not a newbie member like you… sorry to say this but it a simple fact. MR electric bought a "used upgraded" ebike from a friend and he "upgrades" the component on this ebike right after this…

From Hughes "got all sorts of issues with the X'lyte, but this is due to poor design, so can't blame it on Hyper-Cycle (may be). Also got some problems with the controller (outch)" since July... hum 5 months of troubles .... not very fun, may be i didn't have the same perception of a reliable ebike. :roll: :roll:

I really don't know what you mean by nothing bad to say about them. For me motor issues and controller issues are very not easy to troubleshoot on ebike for anybody and its worse if you are a newbie… :x

Again from Hughes about at the middle of this page :

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34667&p=504206#p504206

Since July, apart of last few weeks, i would say not very reliable:

- broke presta valve, solved
- 4 or 5 flats, now ok with Schwalbe Marathon
- crystalyte hub wire damages, 4 or 5 times, solved with DrBass torque arms and mods
- blown halls, repaired
- struggling to make my new infineon controller work, solved
- problems with throttle, solved
- loose wires in battery harness, solved
- blown FET in controller, solved
- problems with Magura e-brake switch, 2 times, found source of problem
- battling to bleed my brakes properly, that one was tough, finally solved by buying bleeding kit
- noisy brakes, long struggle, solved
- lost 30% studs on first ride with winter tire, solved

P.S. I like your gas bike :D

Good day!
Black Arrow.

You know i only posted what i knew about high-power cycles from my own personall experiance, that is what the guy wanted. Does it really matter what you pay for something if you are happy with it? The problems hughes had are not really somthing that could be be blamed on HPC. If there is faulty equipment there is a warranty. Even if the bike only put out half of the power they state it would still be better than most of the the other bikes i had seen.
Since i am new to electrics i did not know really know about the different kinds of batteries. I opted for the 48v 10ah lipo4 batts. When i got my bike i relized that the size and weight was to much hanging off the back of the bike, so i contacted HPC and they let me send them back and exchange them for Litium Ion Polymer 52v 10ah and a frame bag for no extra charge , So i feel at least thier customer service has been good. And Yes their prices are steep with the options, but if someone would pay that without haggling ,well you cant blame HPC for trying. I ended up paying $700 less than their stated price, i was just letting him know to make sure to haggle so someone would not have to pay such a high price.
After endlessly searching and with so much out there ,i found that my best option was to get something already put together to start with. And the thing i also found is with all this talk of ping batteries, i myself would find it hard to send $500-$1000 to china as bad as the economy is here.
And one more thing that hold true with anyone trying to sell something. Even the sellers that sell the gas bike kits all make outragous claims. There standard sales pitch is 35-40mph and 150miles per gallon on a stock kit. That one is so overstated it makes me laugh. It is like you guys that know about electrics thinking HPC's claims are funny.
I didnt join this site to get into arguments, or sell anybody's stuff. I came here to learn how to upgrade my stuff and if need be to fix problems. I apoligize if i came off like it was any different.

Happy riding,
Richard

Just like the RC industry, quoting peak power and flashy sales pitches with fancy words to basically say jack-shit... we tend to not subscribe to that over here very much.... if it's a 48v pack.. call it a damn 48v pack..

wtf is a 52v ?

wanna slap a premium pricetag on generic parts.. well.. best do the pre-check and testing before sending to a customer.. slapping it together without any proper elbow grease is just ethically wrong. and that's what is causing the ruckus in this thread.

aaaanyway.. putting the drama lamma back in the barn..

DSCN0998.JPGThen Ypedal i have a noobi ?question about batteries, So then what actuall voltage rating is a battery that comes off the charger at 58.5v? I have two packs of 25.9v 10ah Litium Ion polymer batteries

And blackarrow if you actually looked at the pictures of my bike you could see that i do not have a BMC motor. "mvly" noticed on the first page of this thread.
I never said a thing about having a bmc motor or anytghing about them. get your facts straight. Whos arguing what?

Richard,

Is really fun how you are so proud to defend HPC, they didn't get any customers services to Hughes. He fixes all of those issues by the knowledge he received from ES and other members here… every one knows that 3500 Watts is too much for a BMC motor. Vdhhdv ask about the 3500 watts full suspension ebike ... from HPC website "Performance: (Measured with "Geared" Motor and 10ah Lithium battery. Power measurements taken at Motor input, Torque measurements are output to the ground on standard 26" MTB wheel"...

Good day!
Bruno

Ypedal, here is a picture of my battery pack that i got from HPC. Maby they are more expensive because they are made in the USA? I personally would rater spent $500 dollors here than send it to china.

Attachments

• DSCN0997.JPG
    DSCN0997.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 755
25.9 / 3.7 = 7

so it looks like 7 cell packs in series... the tag is pretty short on specs..

Fully charged, cells should reach 4.20v each x 14 = 58.8v

dont bank on it being made in USA... someone in US may have slapped a sticker on it but i'm fairly confident that's the extent of it...

Ypedal, that could be true, i think from the pic the full name of the company cant be seen, so this is it:
Pacific Percision Labs inc, USA
Ive looked them up on the internet, they seem to be a very large precision electronic testing equipment manufacturing company.
Check them out and let me know what you think?

BlackArrow said:

From Hughes "got all sorts of issues with the X'lyte, but this is due to poor design, so can't blame it on Hyper-Cycle (may be). Also got some problems with the controller (outch)" since July... hum 5 months of troubles .... not very fun, may be i didn't have the same perception of a reliable ebike. :roll: :roll:

SOme precision needed here. The problems i had are with the controller i bought from ebikes.ca, not the one i bought from HPC.

ANd the list you gave is correct, but a lot of stuff in there i added afterwards, buying here and there, sometimes from ebikes.ca.

Anyway.

haha ypedal is making me laugh.. sounds spot on..

im going to give my 0.02 cents worth on HPC

Don't buy their crap until they know what they are doing.
I dont like Business's that aim @ the noob audience... that's the feeling when i go to their site.
The site is self looks like what i made when i was in year 12 at high school..
1200 for a crappy solar panel thats worths 1/5 of that.
Imported bike parts to the US, and stickers being put on that's its American made or something ? ( im aussie)
The guys youtube videos are stupid. not professional.

Im pretty sure hpc would be a one man operation thats working part time @ hpc

it looks like the type of bike id build my self. it looks homemade first build type of shit.
battery bags ?? nice.
in pictures the bikes doesn't even look balanced, i certainly hope it is.

overall.

1 out of 5 for the bikes
5 out of 5 for the crap they talk
1 out of 5 for the videos
1 out of 5 for the business.

I should not bad talk them, but this is my honest opinion.

Ok lets give this a rest.

Ill summarize

If you are a noob at ebikes, maybe look at hpc or some other ebike sites

Hpc stuff is really expensive and they tend to over specs their stuff.

Lipos are not made in usa. They might put together here, but definitely not made here.

Good luck everyone

mvly said:
Ok lets give this a rest.

Ill summarize

i will summarize again even if you are noob don't buy from HPC, the stuff is expensive for nothing, over rated, they didn't test anything, after the purchase you are on your own like Hugues as experimented. In fact he have fix all of the issues by it self,HPC never help him... And you can make a better ebike for less by your own, with the knowledge of the great members we have here even if you are a noob, now lets give this a rest. :wink:

Good day!
Black Arrow

Blackarrow, did you not read Hugues last post when he corrected you? He stated had no problems with HPC , it was with ebikes.ca
You ought to get your facts right if you are going to be quoting people.

Good day.

richirich1113 said:
Blackarrow, did you not read Hugues last post when he corrected you? He stated had no problems with HPC , it was with ebikes.ca
You ought to get your facts right if you are going to be quoting people.

Good day.

Richrich113 To get the facts straight once again ... I have copy the list this list was made by Hugues and not me, just to be clear. I apologize for the Infineon controller but the rest of this list is correct and confirm by Hugues it self :wink:

Since July, apart of last few weeks, i would say not very reliable:

- broke presta valve, solved (HPC ebike)
- 4 or 5 flats, now ok with Schwalbe Marathon (HPC ebike original tyres, before replacement)
- crystalyte hub wire damages, 4 or 5 times, solved with DrBass torque arms and mods (HPC ebike with not torque arms)
- blown halls, repaired (Motor HPC ebike )
- struggling to make my new infineon controller work, solved (ebikes new controller from ebike.ca)
- problems with throttle, solved (HPC ebike)
- loose wires in battery harness, solved (HPC ebike)
- blown FET in controller, solved (Is the original controller or the Infinieon, i didn't know)
- problems with Magura e-brake switch, 2 times, found source of problem (HPC ebike)
- battling to bleed my brakes properly, that one was tough, finally solved by buying bleeding kit (HPC ebike, didn't bleed them correctly or verififed them before shipping)
- noisy brakes, long struggle, solved (HPC ebike once again, no check and nor verifications before shipping)

For me it's allot of trouble for an expensive "turn key" solution even for a noob or an experiment user and it's really worse after only "6" month of using it, no matter what you think about it ... good day!
Black Arrow

If every bike and every part for a bike ,no matter where it came from or how much you paid for it was absolutly perfect, what need for this site would there be.
So what your trying to say is if for example that you bought a $200,000 Ferarri and it got a flat tire, or a brake line leaked, or a fuse blew that it was the dealer that was to blame? Get serious

richirich1113 said:
If every bike and every part for a bike ,no matter where it came from or how much you paid for it was absolutly perfect, what need for this site would there be.
So what your trying to say is if for example that you bought a $200,000 Ferarri and it got a flat tire, or a brake line leaked, or a fuse blew that it was the dealer that was to blame? Get serious

Get serious you're broke and you can't buy a Ferarri :lol: :lol: Seriously I can't build a Ferarri by my own and no body does accept Ferarri.

If you bought a Ferarri your local Ferrari dealer, will replace the fuse, fix the flat for you and they also fix the brake line, at no cost and no labour under warranty. HPC let's the users fix the issues, by is own… then stop comparing HPC to a Ferarri please. :roll: :roll:

If you are a newbie yes, you can build something better and more reliable then any a HPC ebike, for less and this task is easier if you are a member here that's my point, this HPC ebike "turn key" solution didn't help anyone period. And yes i know that you are happy with your ebike and i'm happy for you.

Good day
Black Arrow

Yes, but if you are worried about warranty service for flat tires you buy from someone local and not across the world. If you dont buy something thats driving distance from you any warranty service from anybody is going to be a hassle. It would be most difficult for HPC to fix Hugues problems in Switzerland.
I live Washigton and HPC is So. Cal . So i should ship the bike to cali for a flat tire cuz i ran over some glass because its still under warranty?
You have such a hatred for HPC that it seems you could just be a competitor trying to sell bikes, just like im accused of working for them. It goes both ways .

P.S. ive unsuscribed from this tread, im tired of it filling my inbox

richirich1113 said:
I live Washigton and HPC is So. Cal . .

I know you write it so many times…

richirich1113 said:
You have such a hatred for HPC .

I don't hate them you can build something better, faster, reliable, for less that's it and their specs are overated…

richirich1113 said:
That it seems you could just be a competitor trying to sell bikes.

Yeah right, I don't have any website and nothing to sell and unlike you I don't recommend this expensive solution for a newbie…

richirich1113 said:
Just like im accused of working for them.

May be, may be not time will tell ...

At the end, I'm not worried by flat issues :roll: :roll: , I'm worried about brake issues, motor issues, electronics issues (hall sensors, fets, controllers) and wires.

Black Arrow

BlackArrow said:

- broke presta valve, solved (HPC ebike)
- 4 or 5 flats, now ok with Schwalbe Marathon (HPC ebike original tyres, before replacement)
- crystalyte hub wire damages, 4 or 5 times, solved with DrBass torque arms and mods (HPC ebike with not torque arms)
- blown halls, repaired (Motor HPC ebike )
- struggling to make my new infineon controller work, solved (ebikes new controller from ebike.ca)
- problems with throttle, solved (HPC ebike)
- loose wires in battery harness, solved (HPC ebike)
- blown FET in controller, solved (Is the original controller or the Infinieon, i didn't know)
- problems with Magura e-brake switch, 2 times, found source of problem (HPC ebike)
- battling to bleed my brakes properly, that one was tough, finally solved by buying bleeding kit (HPC ebike, didn't bleed them correctly or verififed them before shipping)
- noisy brakes, long struggle, solved (HPC ebike once again, no check and nor verifications before shipping)

For me it's allot of trouble for an expensive "turn key" solution even for a noob or an experiment user and it's really worse after only "6" month of using it, no matter what you think about it ... good day!
Black Arrow

I REALLY did not want to continue this thread but you oblige me because you quote me and add inaccurate comments of yours above. Here are the facts:
- broke presta valve, solved (HPC ebike) NOT REALLY it was the first time i inflated a tire with presta valve and used a hand pump. I would have broken any other presta valve for the first time.
- 4 or 5 flats, now ok with Schwalbe Marathon (HPC ebike original tyres, before replacement) TRUE, but if you check my other posts, you see that I lost 30% of studs on my Marathon winter. Do you want to bash Schwalbe also while we're at it ?
- crystalyte hub wire damages, 4 or 5 times, solved with DrBass torque arms and mods (HPC ebike with not torque arms) FALSE bike came with torque arms. It would have been ok if i did not change my controller (infineon from ebikes.ca) and added regen. Regen is tougher on torque arms.
- blown halls, repaired (Motor HPC ebike ) Common, how many people have blown halls ? they only bought their hub from HPC ?
- problems with throttle, solved (HPC ebike), FALSE, other throttle
- loose wires in battery harness, solved (HPC ebike) CORRECT
- blown FET in controller, solved (Is the original controller or the Infinieon, i didn't know) FALSE, it was infineon
- problems with Magura e-brake switch, 2 times, found source of problem (HPC ebike) FALSE, bought them from a german reseller
- battling to bleed my brakes properly, that one was tough, finally solved by buying bleeding kit (HPC ebike, didn't bleed them correctly or verififed them before shipping) FALSE, brakes were ok from day one, i had to bleed them after i installed my brake switch
- noisy brakes, long struggle, solved (HPC ebike once again, no check and nor verifications before shipping) only HPC produces noisy brakes, fine.
- lost 30% studs on first ride with winter tire, solved FALSE, not sold by HPC

You also said i never received support from HPC, that's not correct. They did guide me and sent me back a replacement battery pack. For the rest, i preferred to ask on the forum with pictures and everything, i learn a lot this way and i thank all those who help here.

WHen someone reads this thread, they can see that people who bought from HPC are satisfied, those who did not, claim their product/service is not good. As for their power claims, maybe they push their figures a bit, but the power and range of my bike is beyond my expectations, and that's worth the money i spent.

Back