hoverboard wheels for scooter

Ianhill said:
Looks awesome credit due by there put a lot of effort in. Bet your itching to get out on it

if i put the wheel on the other side the caliper would of be the right way :roll:
thanks

I take it the brake cable feeds to the rear then, easy enough mistake

Ianhill said:
I take it the brake cable feeds to the rear then, easy enough mistake

i no now for next time :D

daughter testing it out think the top speed will be about 15mph when the battery is full but theres a lot of pull from this little motor.
still need to sort out a mudguard to stop she feet going into the back wheel. i just taped the front panel on for testing.i am 12 stone and it pulls me easy, bet this would rip at 60v.

i keep missing letters when typing its all the 3d printer dust in my keys lol.

https://youtu.be/Yhk-_XJZAVM

first reind 7t 1.6mm wire to test out. i am converting her razor e100 to take the wheel to test it out. i have been looking at a dirt scooter to buy they look easy to mod.

i went to the park with her today we done 10 miles and it still had loads of battery left, i really need a meter on it as its a pain keep using the multi meter.

Got to have a voltmeter and current +/ or watthour for this motor be interesting to say the least get a cheap barbeque temp reader in there so you don't have a melt down get to now its limits bit better.

Ianhill said:
Got to have a voltmeter and current +/ or watthour for this motor be interesting to say the least get a cheap barbeque temp reader in there so you don't have a melt down get to now its limits bit better.

temp meter is a good idea, we had a heatwave here in the uk the park is 2 miles away and i was walking, so on the way back we both got on it and it pulled us fine but i did get off for the one big hill just incase. :D

South wales valleys I'm from it was 32°c yesterday to hot for me but i done 15 miles from the missus house and it was nice to have a breeze while on scooter, I burn easy see, much nicer today

i got the 7t wind motor fitted to the razor e100, it has a lot more torque pulling off now on 36v and a bit faster then the other scooter with the standard motor about 20mph and i am 12 stone this really needs 60v now :D. me and my daughter went for a ride around the block last night and done about 6 miles just to test if everything was ok. my meanwell power supply stopped working so i didn't even charge it before we went out i just built the battery pack and went for a spin. i am going to charge it today and i will put a video up later.

i run out of gas making this so i used no gas wire so the welds look like crap. i am going to clean it all up and spray it i only had a can of yellow so i just put a bit on to stop the rust.
i need to make a bracket for the rear of the deck as i had to cut the one side off to get the wheel on so it has no support.

quick vid of us riding around the local park.

https://youtu.be/W_jJc5vuxFs

the controller on the scooter with the 7t wind died today, got home and it keeps blowing no3 fet so in the bin it with it. i have a couple of 500w controllers comming but there a bit bigger then the 350 watt so i am making 2 new frames, i am going to be running 48v 10s/13p on them for some extra range and power. the pack looks massive next to the scooter but i hope when its in the frame it will look ok. i have ordered 2 new 13s bms units and a new power supply.
the last few weeks i have killed 4 controllers and 3 power supplys :roll:.
plus i have ordered a blow up tyre and inner tube i hope to fit to the hub motor, there is no valve cut out but i have an idea how to sort it out. should make for i lot better ride.

Any news on the build, what power supply's you using ? They may be a tad beyond their limits if you have poped 3 of them haha.

i am on holday at the moment but hopefully when i get back all the parts have come. ( from china)
the tyre i bought is not going to fit it just will not stretch onto the rim. so now i am thinking about drilling the flange to fit inside some 10" 0r 12" spoked scooter wheel.
i have made the battery packs so it should be a quick build when the bits turn up.
the power supplys where meanwells, last time i will buy them lol.

Ianhill said:
Any news on the build, what power supply's you using ? They may be a tad beyond their limits if you have poped 3 of them haha.

Ive always used server PSUs they are built to high quality, I got myself a new build going on but got other projects to finish first but I'll do a 18s lipo build by winter hopefully

Ianhill said:
Ive always used server PSUs they are built to high quality, I got myself a new build going on but got other projects to finish first but I'll do a 18s lipo build by winter hopefully

i bought a cheap 48v server supply to do me for now but i will keep my eye open for a couple more at different voltages.
i have seen your thread with the razor300 i think they look awesome, i was thinking about buying one but the prices are really high so i am waiting to buy a faulty one as i wll only need the frame.

13s 10p battery
500watt 40amp controller
13 bms

i had to cut rthe headset off the razor 100 because i don't have a spare and so i could use the handle bars aswell.

:D

still have to mount the back wheel and make the bottom battery tray.

How much are you managing to push through one of these before it gets warm, Ive got a spare 48v 1600w controller if its any good to you.

Ianhill said:
How much are you managing to push through one of these before it gets warm, Ive got a spare 48v 1600w controller if its any good to you.

no watt meter on this as its on my bike but i have got one on order. but i was going 20/25mph full throttle all day and only warm to the touch

still a lot to do but i might have it done today to test it out.

25mph off one hoverboard wheel is impressive , I like checker plate if its got grip tape finish on it, looks sweet fair play nice little run around.

got these 2 for 40 quid :D i really want to keep the blow up back tyre so i am going to mount the hub motor as a outrunner and bolt a sprockrt to it.

Nice idea these hubs are getting many new leases of life now, the MTB friction motor is a neat idea for the average commuter, never seen them Schwinn's before look forward to seeing the Frankenstein they become.

Ianhill said:
Nice idea these hubs are getting many new leases of life now, the MTB friction motor is a neat idea for the average commuter, never seen them Schwinn's before look forward to seeing the Frankenstein they become.

lol i think i might buy some more of these just to mess about with as there so cheap.

this thing flys now plus i can change the gear ratio.

i had to mod the battery so it would fit in the box so it is 13s 8p now.

It sounds nice climbs the revs at a decent pace and gets up the rpms, that was a fast turn around on the scooter one day and its done.

Ianhill said:
It sounds nice climbs the revs at a decent pace and gets up the rpms, that was a fast turn around on the scooter one day and its done.

i was only taking it up slow so i didn't blow the controller but i have done a few full starts now and it seems fine, it really needs a 1000w controller :D . all i had to do is cut off the mount from the razor 100 and weld it to the new frame, drill 4 holes for the sprocket and it was done.

after running this thing hard i could smell a really nasty plastic smell. this is what i found on opening the motor, the plastic insulation has melted so i am going to rewind with some nomex paper and this time i have some hi temp solder.

Back