hoverboard wheels for scooter

It must be generating alot of heat at the level your runniing it is way past design well done :), if its melted the plastic the magnets must be close to their thermal limit too , Could it do with another turn maybe or step the winding gauge up to create less heat in first place.?
Could you fill it just under half full of non conductive oil or maybe drill holes and air cool it be nice to see this run a good 30+mph

didn't see your post i have already drilled holes in the one side :D

i am now going to try and join two of these together. i am going to cut the end plates off and weld the two tubes together to make one 80mm long case.
17mm shaft with the two stators together making a 50mm wide stator.
so the overall size will be 120mm x 80mm outrunner with a 50mm wide stator. dont no if it will work but i will soon find out lol. first job is to unglue all the magnets.

crap drawing

got i wheel done now for the next one

the stator is 99mm od with a 17mm id and 4mm keyway 25.6mm wide

magnets are 25mmx10.5mmx3mm there are 30 in one wheel

Should be an interesting build this one are you reusing the magnet or getting high temp cobolts ?

Hi, i found your post from google, then found this forum. great build you got there, did you manage to get any further with the twin motor set up?
heres a cheeky pic of mine, i opted to drill out the motor hub, tap a thread to get it to fit the scooter.

Attachments

• rsz_20160629_122448-1.jpg
    rsz_20160629_122448-1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,281
Back