How to increase speed of Currie Izip Path E3+

sr5367

1 µW
Hi,

I purchased a Currie Izip Path E3+ electric bike a week ago. It has a maximum speed of 20mph.
However, it generally does not achieve this speed most times. I also take it off-road where I would
like to go faster than 20mph. Does anybody know how to increase the max speed to 25 mph?
I am in Silicon Valley. Is there anyone nearby who can do this?

Thanks!

It looks like the stock battery and controller are made to run 48V, so...what you ask can be done but it will be expensive. You will have to replace the battery and controller with a higher voltage units. If you are getting 20-MPH on 48V, then you might get 24-ish MPH on 60V, and around 28-MPH on 72V.

Those are just rough guesses. If you specify a sine-wave controller, it will run more quietly compared to a common square-wave controller. I like em3ev.com for batteries, and if you only need 25A of current, you will have lots of choices.

IZIP E3 Path+

Seems built specifically for ≤20mph. (USA market)

No way to increase speed without major mods that will "mess up" the build.

Doesn't the Curry use the bicycle gears? It drives the chain I believe. If so, you could change the gear cassette on the back wheel. To speed the motor up you would have to increase the battery voltage if the speeed controller can take it.

passpato said:
Doesn't the Curry use the bicycle gears? It drives the chain I believe. If so, you could change the gear cassette on the back wheel. To speed the motor up you would have to increase the battery voltage if the speeed controller can take it.
No ... no ... no ... and no.

New rear 700C hub-wheel (with higher 48V speed) would be the best solution ...
But matching the 8 speed is liable to be a problem.
Most are 5 - 6 speeds, a few 7 speeds ... haven't seen a hub kit with 8 speed yet! ... ?

Back