How to Restrict?

Ian_M

1 mW
Yes, I want to go the reverse and restrict my bike, as opposed to de-restrict. Well, sort of.
My bike will easily do over 50mph, which of course is not legal on the street I know through the settings I can slow it down, however I only want to be able to slow it down if I get pulled over by the cops, and they haven't gotten a decent speed reading on me. My thought is that seeing I have pedals, I can argue it's a Level 3 bike, because it only goes 28mph. I would like to add a small discreet switch I can hit that limits it, so I can offer the cops to ride the bike to verify its legality. Anyone got any idea how I might be able to do this?

Old infineon clones had a 3 speed switch..
Using a cycle analyst v3 might be another way to achieve this.

Could be other controllers out there that have similar functionality.

Yes, I want to go the reverse and restrict my bike, as opposed to de-restrict. Well, sort of.
My bike will easily do over 50mph, which of course is not legal on the street I know through the settings I can slow it down, however I only want to be able to slow it down if I get pulled over by the cops, and they haven't gotten a decent speed reading on me. My thought is that seeing I have pedals, I can argue it's a Level 3 bike, because it only goes 28mph. I would like to add a small discreet switch I can hit that limits it, so I can offer the cops to ride the bike to verify its legality. Anyone got any idea how I might be able to do this?
Discreet magnetic switch that triggers granny mode unless a magnet is present. Double a piece of tape over the magnet, discreely pull tape when required. Ideally, mount the switch inside the controller case. This is also a good technique for a kill switch that activates the brake circuit when no magnet is present.

btw....20mph max on throttle. You might want to dork pedal at high speed so when you get pulled over you can argue you're a class 3..

Back