• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Idiotic Car Drivers !!!

knight -- I think you handled that perfectly! I did a similar thing with a teen driver that cut me way too close = mirror almost brushed my elbow.

I think you taught them all a lifelong lesson and satisfied yourself too -- with no harm to anyone.

A

monster said:
in England we don't have to worry about guns. we don't have them.

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&sub=q_reply&id=40842&cid=559524&num=9

The Bishop of Manchester had these words to say. "It is well known that Manchester has a gun crime problem.

Gun control just means only the criminals have guns. A friend of mine was robbed during one of the recent restaurant robberies here in Vancouver where gunmen walked in and stole everyones wallets, jewelry and electronics. Knowing that honest citizens aren't carrying makes criminals more brazen.

http://evalu8.org/staticpage?page=review&siteid=10121

knightmb said:
I guess technically, they could honk at a cop all day and there would be nothing legally the cop could do to them except maybe bust out a tail light and write up a ticket :twisted:

Here you would be written up for 'stunting' which is a mandatory court appearance & a wide ranging discretionary penalty from a fine to jail time if the prosecution can paint you as someone like this: :twisted:

I've been pelted with eggs & poked with a golf club to try & knock me over(not both at the same time) by passing motorists, almost always by ballcap wearing college-age redneck lowbrows. I get a Screaming-Mimi poke their head out the passenger window at least once every summer. So far no one's succesfully knocked me over yet.

" Here you would be written up for 'stunting' which is a mandatory court appearance & a wide ranging discretionary penalty from a fine to jail time if the prosecution can paint you as someone like this "

Yep, that goes for just about everywhere. You honk that horn near a cop and they will put an end to it one way or another. Those jokers knew it too -- you bet they were watchin out for cops.

i no expert (i've never even seen a gun! accept on tv) but surely weather criminals are brazen or not makes no difference, they are still gonna commit the crime.

if they are scared that others might be carrying then they are more lightly to shoot first and ask questions later.

we get pelted with stuff here in the UK too. but i've only ever experienced that as a pedestrian.

but surely weather criminals are brazen or not makes no difference

Our weather criminals are brazen like yours but our under the weather ones are generally soldered.
I believe quite the opposite that if a criminal believes you are armed they will be reluctant to commit the crime much less try to shoot you. I believe these criminals are basically cowards, else why carry a gun or try to take whats not yours at all?

The stats actually show that in areas where guns are allowed to be carried that criminals are more proactively violents. In arguments like this however logic and statistical data aren't wanted, will be ignored and an ideological agenda pressed forward.

My opinion, just like everyone else. Thieves and crooks adapt to their environment. If everyone is packing guns, they will get bigger guns. If everyone is unarmed, they will probably just stick with a simple hand gun. In the event someone did get shot, it's possible the little hand gun wouldn't cause as much damage or death as say a large shotgun or machine gun. If everyone carried around swords, then it would get interesting.... :wink:

If everyone carried around swords, then it would get interesting

“A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings.â€￾

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm

EXCERPT: “The researchers say legislation to ban the sale of long pointed knives would be a key step in the fight against violent crime.â€￾

Heaven help the Brits when batteries are banned after E-Bike gangs start shocking people to death

The stats actually show that in areas where guns are allowed to be carried that criminals are more proactively violents. In arguments like this however logic and statistical data aren't wanted, will be ignored and an ideological agenda pressed forward.

Here are a few stats and facts

“Guns are deeply rooted within Swiss culture - but the gun crime rate is so low that statistics are not even kept.â€￾

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm

EXCERPT: “The country has a population of six million, but there are estimated to be at least two million publicly-owned firearms, including about 600,000 automatic rifles and 500,000 pistols.â€￾

EDIT: I'm don't believe I have an ideological agenda; I believe I have a 2nd amendment right

My Goodness how this thread has evolved,beginning with my rant on getting cut off by 2 automobiles in one day to the blaring of horns and now the debate on statistical gun crime...

Interesting read though....

My view on the horn issue,here where I live if you blared one of those Co2 powered horns behind a cop chances are you'd get a $300. dollar fine for excessive noise or disturbing the peace.
If no one was around when you did this perhaps even smack across the ribs with the officer's billy bat.

On the guns,I ended up selling mine,in Canada long guns now have to be registered and I couldn't be bothered going through the process.At the time I didn't want to but after much thought not a bad idea. Imagine coming into your home at night and finding a burglar sitting there pointing your 12 gauge shotgun at you and asking where the rest of your money is.....Hmmmmm....Glad they're gone now.

Eric

Ban golf clubs, baseball bats, beer bottles and anything else that could be used to assault someone :roll:

Oddly enough, UK gun laws have no restrictions on silencers for airguns. Anyone in the UK can buy a 12ft/lb Gunpower Storm or Stealth, tune it up with some DIY mods and it will blast through 2x4's at 100 yards with very little noise.

http://www.airsportdirect.com/acatalog/Storm.html

Lowell said:
Ban golf clubs, baseball bats, beer bottles and anything else that could be used to assault someone :roll:

And fists and fingernails....but on the other end of the scale, how long would humanity last if everyone and their dog possessed their own H-bomb? About a nanosecond I think. If you agree, then (especially considering the inevitable march of technology) don't you also have to agree a line must be drawn somewhere, even if said line is rather arbitrary and not entirely enforceable? For me, the most practical line is at assault-type weaponry. After all, some suicidal bloke opening fire with an uzi can wipe out dozens of other armed citizens -- whether armed with handguns or similar assault weapons -- before any person has the chance to stop him. A lesser weapon can serve as an equalizer, a worse weapon does not.

This happened at my old school too, a girl shot with an arrow in the BCIT parking lot.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200304/s823217.htm

For me, the most practical line is at assault-type weaponry. After all, some suicidal bloke opening fire with an uzi can wipe out dozens of other armed citizen

I'm sure you know that automatic weapons have been banned for civilians for some time and that other "assault type" weapons have recently been banned in most states. Unfortunately, the folks writing the laws have over used the term as a scare tactic, cannot define what an assault weapon is and look quite stupid to the people who do know.

I believe the line in the sand has to begin with the "suicidal bloke" you spoke of. We've got to do a better job keeping weapons from psychos and criminals and enforcing the law to the fullest when they do have them.

jerryt said:
I believe the line in the sand has to begin with the "suicidal bloke" you spoke of. We've got to do a better job keeping weapons from psychos and criminals and enforcing the law to the fullest when they do have them.

Many if not most people who harbor serious suicidal or homicidal ideations do not display extreme outward signs, making identification very haphazard at best, empowering even more big-brother government, while netting mostly innocent people, and breeding rampant internecine suspicion throughout society. In other words, not practical without full-time brain-intention scanning devices hooked up to each one of us -- and do you really want to live in such a society?

jerryt said:
For me, the most practical line is at assault-type weaponry. After all, some suicidal bloke opening fire with an uzi can wipe out dozens of other armed citizen

I'm sure you know that automatic weapons have been banned for civilians for some time and that other "assault type" weapons have recently been banned in most states. Unfortunately, the folks writing the laws have over used the term as a scare tactic, cannot define what an assault weapon is and look quite stupid to the people who do know.

The people that want automatic weapons either convert their registered semi autos, or scratch build unregistered ones. Anyone can buy an 80% receiver since they are not considered firearms. 40 bucks will get you a fold-it-yourself AK-47 receiver kit. $100 and up for an AR-15.

http://www.ar15plus.com/

A friend of mine was just telling me how she cut off a cyclist, who then proceeded to smash the windows and lights of her car.
Violence usually begets violence Personally I could use one of those air horns every once in a while. Several years ago on a road bike I had a lady make a left hand turn in front of me and I slammed right into her passenger door flew over the car. Result bike destroyed, a brand new pair of glasses wrecked by a passing car (heard the crunch ) and a nice bike dent in her car. Her comment to the cop was I was speeding, the cop charged her with dangerous driving. Personally I dont think she saw me, and I am now very cautious going threw intersections.

For me, the most practical line is at assault-type weaponry. After all, some suicidal bloke opening fire with an uzi can wipe out dozens of other armed citizens -- whether armed with handguns or similar assault weapons -- before any person has the chance to stop him. A lesser weapon can serve as an equalizer, a worse weapon does not.

The second ammendment is useless if citizens can't own current weaponry. The second ammendment is the reason we have the first.

Charlie

Yesterday I was riding in the bike lane at about 30km/h, while traffic was at the usual afternoon standstill. Some idiot Infiniti driver tried to cut into the bike lane to pass other cars and I had to swerve to the very inside. Grr... :evil:

Yes, I want a rocket propelled grenade launcher for those idiotic drivers.
Gun control is being able to hit the target while riding.

just kidding... I do have an idea for an electromagnetic pulse weapon, but that would probably fry my scooter too. In some cases, it might be worth it. Idiot's car suddenly dies and won't start.

Back