ISDT BG 8s

https://www.isdt.co/bg-8s.html

Hey guys. I'm building a 20s22p battery using unused but repurposed 18650 panasonic MH12210 cells and installing a good BMS as well. Not drawing too much power though only 45amps. I like to moniter my cells and have strong balancing when/if needed, I probably wont need strong balancing. But I would like to have it on hand. Can the ISDT BG8s be wired in series? I know they bleed off the higher voltage cell to feed the lower ones, but id imagine 3 of these systems wired up. Would they be able to get all voltages the same across the 20 series? After all they would be operating independently.

Useless comparing to celllog
Where is ALARM OUTPUT???
Alarm output which can be configured NC.NO just like celllog has
So far there is I found NO substitution for celllog which is discontinued

Yep cell log is the best monitor ever made. You can still buy them in Japan, expansive.
I am lucky to have purchased many when they were available cheap at HK.

Today, we can charge and balance through the balance connectors, making it possible to bulk balance charge the whole battery at once if it is wired for that. 4 pcs CB168 6s chargers can charge and balance through jst-hx connectors up to 24s, variable output up to 8 Amp. That is a pretty quick way to balance charge a battery at individual cell level. Some are charging like that every time, probably the best way to have every cell perfect at all time.

Still, most of my lipos are balanced only once in their life, when I receive and cycle test them. After that I bulk charge fast and never discharge them low enough to go off balance. I discard them when they get weak and start needing balance charging. I would use BC168 balance chargers if I was using round cells, low C rate or old lipos.

Since the charger ( what ever charger you are using ) is going to charge each of the 20 cells to nearly the same voltage when it does bulk charging , I would just split the pack up into 2 x 8 JST.XH connectors/wires to the cells and 2 x checkers /balancers , and the other 4 cells to another one. If done that way they should come close enough and any cell/s in the pack do not come close enough , then I would think it best to take that cell out and replace it.

Matiaselectric said:
https://www.isdt.co/bg-8s.html

Hey guys. I'm building a 20s22p battery using unused but repurposed 18650 panasonic MH12210 cells and installing a good BMS as well. Not drawing too much power though only 45amps. I like to moniter my cells and have strong balancing when/if needed, I probably wont need strong balancing. But I would like to have it on hand. Can the ISDT BG8s be wired in series? I know they bleed off the higher voltage cell to feed the lower ones, but id imagine 3 of these systems wired up. Would they be able to get all voltages the same across the 20 series? After all they would be operating independently.

Back