its now a e-motorcycle

its going to the dyno tomorrow I will get some vid of that :mrgreen:
I will try and get a riding video the next time I go out and have a play on it, Which will be the weekend if the weather is not to bad and it don't blow up on the dyno tomorrow :lol: .

Ok Still no video yet but thought I would just post up a pic of the bike on the dyno.... sorry I cant give any results at the moment , but I will just say that the results were a very pleasant surprise. There are a few issues with the new clutch and throttle ( hardware ) and once this have been sorted it will be going back to the dyno for some more testing.
dyno1.jpg

Really nice stuff here!

This project is still very much alive. I have been messing with controllers and 8085 motors and as a test bed I have been playing with them on a minimoto: a bit of vid for you of the controller and motor in action ( single re-wound 8085 and a 12 fet modded controller ) my mate is riding the minimoto he is the one in the yellow leathers. Its not the most interesting video in the world but as you can see the bike is very competitive against raced prep'ed gas minimoto supers.
[youtube]_AvzKA_JTIU[/youtube]

This is another vid of the same rider ( my mate in yellow leathers ) on his 12hp gas minimoto ( race prep'ed ) just for comparison :twisted:

[youtube]uWNuq5TN_LQ [/youtube]

ok had a small problem with motors http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20618&p=748143#p748143 anyone care to specilate what went wrong :)

Hello Gwhy!,

I have send you a pm with some questions about the controllers you are using. Could you tell me the one you use with the 63mm motors on 12s?
I have a 63mm motor with kv of 230 and would like to run it on 12s as well, now looking for a suitable controller.

thank you,
Roel

Just though I would give a update of my bike...
the #219 chain finally snapped! , So now I am going to upgrade the chain and sprockets to 420.
small motors are stilll running well, controllers are still working well. The electric clutch is now spot on ( I am very happy with it ) its all digital now using a arduino nano that also has a lcd display for volts, current and watts it also interfaces with a android device via BT for setting parameters and monitoring of the complete system. I am also going to upgrade the motors to 8085's ( I have got bored of the 8kw from the small motors :mrgreen: )

The throttle/current/phase control electronics is now based around a arduino processor , and the main control bit of code is based around Hornet daves original post found here http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33947

I initially was using a pid control in the arduino and this thread has a little bit of info http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57747&start=25

so nice setup! now with 15 kW you should match the gasser version :p

:mrgreen: thats the plan :wink:

edit: i need to re-wind both motors before i will fire it all up, and i am also having a spot of bother fitting the setup where it needs to go but im getting there.

Hey Gwhy,

I like you trials bike conversion! Would like to build one like that for myself if only I had the time.

Do you have any video of it in action? What figures did you get on the dyno? I understand you've probably changed the bike since then

Stielz said:
Hey Gwhy,

I like you trials bike conversion! Would like to build one like that for myself if only I had the time.

Do you have any video of it in action? What figures did you get on the dyno? I understand you've probably changed the bike since then

Thanks..

I don't have any video :oops: Its something that I have always been meaning to do but something always comes up to prevent it :D .
With the configuration of the bike when it went to the dyno was not to bad, the geared top speed is set for around 25mph.

From memory I was pushing around 7kw into the motors and getting just over 6kw to the ground, the cross over between torque and hp was right in the centre between zero speed (rpm) and max speed (rpm) as you would expect but I cant remember the torque numbers, but from memory it was totally how I expected it to be. The bike performed on par with a well tuned 80cc trials or as good as a 125cc unloved one.

The new configuration pumps 14kw into the motors and still geared at 25mph :wink:

Sweet, this new configuration sounds awesome!

I definitely think converting a trials bike is the way to go. That way you know its a solid bike and don't have to worry so muck about breaking something if you have to bail off or ride over a drop ect.

Maybe that can be my project for next year :)

it turned out well :) and a very good learning experience, I still have the bike but dont ride much at all these days as I dont really have the transport to take it somewhere to ride so now i just use a pushbike setup for playing with :) as it fits on the back seat of my car with the front wheel dropped out.

Back