JBD style vs Daly Bms

EbikeAus

100 W
Hi all,
Im after first hand opinions between these two bms types.
I have 3 JBD style bms and am wondering if I should try Daly? Are they better, worse or same?
Love to hear your thoughts.

I don't know about the JBD, but there are a couple threads about Daly that indicate they have a safety feature that some users don't like: If the BMS shuts off output to protect the pack, it will not reenable the output until the charger is connected and running.

There are potential hacks to bypass that, but they *are* hacks. :)

I don't know if all Daly BMSs do this, but I expect it's a feature of their firmware intended to keep users from destroying their cells by continuing to hammer them after the pack shutoff the first time due to low voltage, because a BMS that reenables output after sag recovery below LVC will let the user keep using the pack right up till the cells are *really* empty, and it's hard on them to do this.

I also don't know if the Daly BMS is programmable to change where this feature activates itself, or if it activates at all, or after what time limit it activates.

JBD I dont' know that I've read threads about yet, but I'm sure there are some.

amberwolf said:
I don't know about the JBD, but there are a couple threads about Daly that indicate they have a safety feature that some users don't like: If the BMS shuts off output to protect the pack, it will not reenable the output until the charger is connected and running.

There are potential hacks to bypass that, but they *are* hacks. :)

I don't know if all Daly BMSs do this, but I expect it's a feature of their firmware intended to keep users from destroying their cells by continuing to hammer them after the pack shutoff the first time due to low voltage, because a BMS that reenables output after sag recovery below LVC will let the user keep using the pack right up till the cells are *really* empty, and it's hard on them to do this.

I also don't know if the Daly BMS is programmable to change where this feature activates itself, or if it activates at all, or after what time limit it activates.

JBD I dont' know that I've read threads about yet, but I'm sure there are some.

Thanks for your reply ✌

Back