Just started.

Newguy1984

10 µW
I would like to build an electric recumbent trike, with both front wheels being electric. However I have never done this before and have no idea of what parts I would need to begin with. I am doing this as a hobby but would like to make it my day to day ride, so it would need to be put together well. Any advice and or part list would be greatly appreciated. I also will be asking for advice periodically lol.

Also was thinking about putting motorized wheels on the back of a recumbent trike. Was wonder if that was possible and if so what size tires would be good? Where would I get the hub motors? Ect lol.

Man that's awesome! I can't wait to get started lol! I've got my eye on a cattrike for 650 on fb. Thinking about shaping the dual tires ou for fat triress with the brushless hub and 2 batteries. Gonna be a speed demon lol
Can input the all axel hub motor on both back wheels?

If it has four wheels it's not a trike, it's a quad. ;)

All the catrikes I'm aware of are tadpole with two front wheels and a single rear wheel.

There are a few different catrike conversions here on ES I would recommend looking up and reading thru.

Back