Knight Electric Motorcycle 5000w

skeetab5780 said:
I agree with you. I doubt its coming from Japan and you make a valid point on the holiday excuse!

On another note, there is now an electric dirt bike on EBay also the Kolter Es1

s-l1600.jpg

link?? didn't turn up in my search..
Edit : found it, $4.5K..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Electric/303055551959?hash=item468f84bdd7:g:014AAOSwLXFcXawY

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
skeetab5780 said:
I agree with you. I doubt its coming from Japan and you make a valid point on the holiday excuse!

On another note, there is now an electric dirt bike on EBay also the Kolter Es1

s-l1600.jpg

link?? didn't turn up in my search..
Edit : found it, $4.5K..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Electric/303055551959?hash=item468f84bdd7:g:014AAOSwLXFcXawY

Ya it doesn't look to promising especially since its more money than a Sur-ron and likely way slower and heavier with a 6-8week build time good luck! looks to have a Aluminum frame but still a cheap steel swingarm, looks just like the old Apollo 250cc I converted

Also they drone on for like 1,000 words and never give you any technical specs for the battery, range, top speed, etc.

Just an update on the Knight bike, vendor has still not updated sale page with tracking information, reached out to them yesterday asking for a "1 month" update...no reply as of today

will advise!

Another update with no good new! I have asked the seller three separate times for a ESD or tracking info or any sort of update and he has not responded at all any of the times...

starting to get a little iffy. Hopefully something good happens

Still zero response from the seller and I am now making payments on Paypal transaction due to age. Getting pretty scary

lets hope the gods have good news in store for me

skeetab5780 said:
Still zero response from the seller and I am now making payments on Paypal transaction due to age. Getting pretty scary

lets hope the gods have good news in store for me

Mate, don't want to be the @r$3 here... but are you insane?

Seller with almost no history, a terrible rating, accepts a lowball offer on already too good to be true prices... and can't keep his story straight...

And you pay him by an uninsured Paypal transaction? (No buyer protection applies for motor vehicles including motorbikes)

If you get your bike, you should go out and buy a lottery ticket.

I could be wrong. After all, I do work in fraud and cybercrime prevention - its my job to be cynical... but this one smells way off to me.

Yeah, just cancel everything while you still can.
Or if you have too much money and don't know how to spend it, just send it to me and I'll help you with that!

More seriously, now that I think about it:
I live in China and so it's easy for me to get those bikes delivered to my place. I've never sent a bike to the US but I can check how to do it, I've already done it for other (smaller) stuff so I guess the process would be similar but of course at a different shipping cost.

I could order the bike as well as all the parts you need, make the quality control, possibly help you to install some of the hardware and test it. I have a pretty good knowledge of those bikes as well as all the stuff that comes with them, could help to source a good motor, controller, brakes, BMS, etc. and ship you all at once in the same box.
The only thing I wouldn't want to get my hands on is the battery, since it is a pain to ship. Maybe SLA could be easy so I'll have to check, but lithium battery is just too difficult.

Not sure yet if and how I could do it, but if you're interested I can surely dig the subject and sort it out.

I cannot cancel it, there is no option. Ebay transaction is gone. Paypal refers you back to Ebay to resolve issues...

All I can do Is not pay Paypal and screw up my credit line

I will have to contact Ebay somehow

When you contact eBay, try to insist you should be covered under the VPP.(Vehicle Purchase Program)

Problem is that it only covers you if all parties are in the same country, but the seller did declare they were in Texas, and how are you to know otherwise?

Worth a shot.

Dui said:
More seriously, now that I think about it:
I live in China and so it's easy for me to get those bikes delivered to my place. I've never sent a bike to the US but I can check how to do it, I've already done it for other (smaller) stuff so I guess the process would be similar but of course at a different shipping cost.

I could order the bike as well as all the parts you need, make the quality control, possibly help you to install some of the hardware and test it. I have a pretty good knowledge of those bikes as well as all the stuff that comes with them, could help to source a good motor, controller, brakes, BMS, etc. and ship you all at once in the same box.
The only thing I wouldn't want to get my hands on is the battery, since it is a pain to ship. Maybe SLA could be easy so I'll have to check, but lithium battery is just too difficult.

Not sure yet if and how I could do it, but if you're interested I can surely dig the subject and sort it out.
If you can do that, i know I for one would be very interested especially without battery... And i imagine there are plenty of other folks who would like a solid base to put parts on.

Sunder said:
When you contact eBay, try to insist you should be covered under the VPP.(Vehicle Purchase Program)

Problem is that it only covers you if all parties are in the same country, but the seller did declare they were in Texas, and how are you to know otherwise?

Worth a shot.

I was able to contact Ebay yesterday and talk to two people over the phone, I explained the situation and how I accidentally closed my claim in hopes to escalate it to a refund...but Ebay doesn't let you re enter a claim once one is closed by the buyer so I sort of screwed that up. I mentioned the VPP protection and how the buyer was listed in Texas. They had to transfer me to a high dollar manager to review the case. Then they put me on hold a few times, after a few minutes they came back on the line and said they will review the case Monday and within 36-48 hours they will email me with an update on if the credit/return will be approved.

They did say that the seller is already under review from another incident, and they noted he has not responded. So I will hope for the best at this point and cross my fingers!

skeetab5780 said:
They did say that the seller is already under review from another incident, and they noted he has not responded. So I will hope for the best at this point and cross my fingers!

Fingers crossed! I really hope you'll get your money back.

klocwerk said:
If you can do that, i know I for one would be very interested especially without battery... And i imagine there are plenty of other folks who would like a solid base to put parts on.

Well I will look into that then.
There is one part I'm not familiar with, it's the US regulation on import of such vehicles. If I red correctly, they ask for a "DOT certificate" but I don't know how such things work, how do you get it and what is actually necessary.

I can surely handle the chinese side, but the US side isn't easy for me to manage from here. So if anyone here is motivated, maybe we can combine our efforts: someone handles the US side, helps with the US regulation and customs process, make sure that whatever bike we plan to import can be street legal, while I handle the chinese part, sourcing parts, finding suppliers, do the QC, package and send.
Anyone interested?

Likewise. Hope eBay or their insurer plays ball.

Regarding import. I'm not familiar with the US system, but I think DOT stands for "Department of Transport". If it's anything like Australia, it's a nightmare. Here, your options are:

1. Low volume imports for sale. The Vectrix was brought in that way. You need to supply up to 6 units (Free of charge), to the government for testing, and you're only entitled to the wrecks, if that. If you pass testing, you can sell them like any other car or bike in Australia.

2. Special interest/personal import. Basically, you can buy it, get an engineer to check it meets about a hundred rules, most of which make sense (No sharp edges, two brakes, no white lights at the back, no red lights at the front, under 90dB noise, etc.) and once it's registered, that one is like any other bike, but you can't import any more for sale. Costs anything from $1-3k, depending on how custom the bike is. Same kind of process if you decided to build the bike from scratch yourself.

3. Modify an existing bike - including variants. So if it was built on a well known bike, but electrified (So if you can get an attestation that one of those is actually a Kawasaki Ninja 250R with the internals replaced - usually the chassis number is recognised by the OEM), you can just do a shorter safety check, and a couple hundred bucks and you're away. It's just listed as a standard bike in the system, and you have to carry a slip of paper noting the approved modifications for any cop that asks.

I looked at the three, and even though it would cost me double to modify an existing petrol bike, than to do a special interest import, I decided it would be so much easier, every time I get pulled over, every time I need to do my annual road worthy, and when I sell it (if ever), to have a bike treated as a modified mainstream bike than a unique one.

Wow this is getting scary Ebay told me the claim is closed and to try and go thru Paypal to get my refund...they aren't doing anything

I have a picture of the actual email its pretty bad

So now I have a claim with Paypal, lets see how this goes

Mate. Sorry to hear that, but Paypal is cut and dried - They make it clear that vehicle purchases are never covered. You won't have a leg to stand on.

Your first screenshot shows that buyer protection was shown for that listing, and technically, you meet every condition. So you could prepare a letter for Fair Trading/Better Business, and a second one to some major newspapers.

First one should just be a complaint, with eBay copied. Second one should be something like "Next time you run an article on eBay/online scams, I have a good story and a lot of screenshots/emails from eBay and how they support scammers I'm willing to share with you, I think it'd make a good human interest story." and copy in eBay.

That might get your case reopened.

Sorry to hear that, but Paypal is cut and dried - They make it clear that vehicle purchases are never covered. You won't have a leg to stand on.

PayPal will send money in your name to scammers, from a Mastercard that has already been reported as stolen, and then tell you - or me, in this case, to pound sand. After, that is, you spend hours trying to get any answer from them. Don't trust them, and don't make them any money by getting a PayPal Mastercard. (And above all, DO NOT link your bank account to them!) I'm getting rid of mine as soon as I can cash in the reward points. They are, as many people have discovered over the years, one millimeter short of being a criminal enterprise. Ebay isn't much better, but at least you can use public shaming on them, through their forums, as suggested.

As a last resort I have a Paypal claim in. They said on the phone it takes 11-30days...and if the seller doesn't respond then I should get my money back, and they said the interest and charge itself should be on hold during the claim. But I find this hard to believe since I still see it all in my Paypal credit to this day.

I hope this goes in my favor since I cannot ruin my credit over a bike scam...that would be awful

skeetab5780 said:
As a last resort I have a Paypal claim in. They said on the phone it takes 11-30days...and if the seller doesn't respond then I should get my money back, and they said the interest and charge itself should be on hold during the claim. But I find this hard to believe since I still see it all in my Paypal credit to this day.

I hope this goes in my favor since I cannot ruin my credit over a bike scam...that would be awful

For what it's worth I've had some luck with paypal refunding me for a bad electric scooter. It was only $2000 in my case, but they gave me back every penny and even covered the shipping cost back to the manufacturer.

The Paypal resolution date was set for 4/8/19 but I checked it today and it says it may take until 5/1/19 now

Obviously the seller has still not responded to Paypal and they are giving them more time for some reason

That's a great outcome.

Hopefully its Paypal taking its anti fraud responsibilities more seriously.

Back