Known to Work Brushless Motor/Controller Wiring Diagrams

fechter said:
Connecting an ecrazyman controller to a Crystalyte X5 motor:

dirtdad said:
I have had both controllers wired to a 5304, wiring is the same for both. Of course there are 6 working color combinations, this is just one, and matching colors does not work. To be thorough and cover even the more obvious stuff:

[pre]Infineon 45A/
Original 28A X5
------------------------------------
Phase Wires
Blue Yellow
Green Green
Yellow Blue

Hall Sensor Harness
Blue Green
Green Blue
Yellow Yellow
Red Red
Black Black

3 Wire Throttle
Red Red
Green Green
Black Yellow[/pre]

Sorry if this sounds dumb but i'm wireing this up next week.
Is this the same as the Clyte 400 series motors?

bmc 600w hub motor - crystalyte 24-72v 35amp controller
phase
motor = controller
yellow = green
blue = yellow
green = blue

hall sensors
motor = contoller
red = brown
black = black
blue = green
green = yellow
yellow = blue

works clean - good luck - hope this helps someone

Motor: BMC 600w geared brushless hub motor
Controller: Kelly 72101 & other brushless models

Phase wires
yellow -> A
blue    -> B
green  -> C

Hall Sensor wires (pin #s are all in J2)
red      ->7
green  -> 11
blue    -> 12
yellow -> 13
black   -> 14

Infineon/ ecrazy man controller to 9 continent motor from Ebikekit.com. Same as the majority of Bafang motors

Power
Blue to blue
Yellow to green
Green to yellow

Phase
Red to red
Black to black
Blue to blue
Yellow to green
Green to yellow

no load current on 18s lipo was right about 1.5 amps. I think I got up to speed, my stand was shaking like crazy from the unbalanced tire :lol:

eZee front motor ( should be same for rear ) - Crystalyte 20 amp analogue ( old style with plastic top )

Color on color !!

Y-Y
B-B
G-B

Both hall and motor combination.

The combination on page 2 with the 600w BMC made the motor run, but in reverse, if the controller you have is equipped with a reverse key switch.. it would be the way to go also.

hi does any one know the wiring for a
kelly KBS 72101 to a goldenmotor 1000w
thanks

Running a Shenzhen (e-crazyman 116 chip) 48 volt controller with the old "Grubee" with Wan Lian written on the side case. Here's my results.

Phase wiring:
Motor :arrow: Controller
Blue :arrow: Yellow
Yellow :arrow: Blue
Green :arrow: Green

Hall sensor
Red :arrow: Red
Black :arrow: Black
Blue :arrow: Yellow
Yellow :arrow: Green
Green :arrow: Blue

ecrazy man controller to 9 continent motor from Ebikekit.com. Same as the majority of Bafang motors

Power
Blue to blue
Yellow to green
Green to yellow

Phase
Red to red
Black to black
Blue to blue
Yellow to green
Green to yellow

So it's swap the yellow and green phase (big)and hall (little) wires.

I also swaped the throttle wires so they matched colors...black, red...left the middle ones alone, which were green and white

There are multiple combinations that work.
You can run any 9C off of any Infineon by swapping Green and Blue on the hall and phase.

-methods

Does anyone have the wiring for the ecrazyman 48v brushless controller to the Amped motor?
Eric

Well, I'm answering my own post. I went through the testing procedure in the thread "How to determine the wiring for a brushless motor" and after figuring out how to avoid damaging the motor/controller, I set upon going through the 36 combinations of Hall/Phase wires. Luck struck on the 12th combination:

Hall
Amped Motor - ECrazyman 48V/30a Brushless Controller
Yel - Yel
Gr - Blue
Blue - Gr

Phase
Amped Motor - ECrazyman 48V/30a Brushless Controller
Yel - Yel
Gr - Blue
Blue - Gr

At full throttle under no load the motor is drawing .7 amps.
Now to hard wire it back up and hit the road. It's been 2 months since I fried a mosfet in the Amped controller. I'm hoping the new ecrazyman will do better.
Eric

Hello, can someone please help me with the wiring for a:

E-CrazyMan 48V 350W Brushless Controller to a suzhou bafang motor? (BF 801D12324)

Also, what is the brake connector for? For a brake light? Does it have to be shorted for the motor to run?
Why does the power connector have 2 red leads and one black?

docnjoj said:
My BAFANG geared motor (from knuckles) to an Infineon 36-54 volt controller. This is one of 3 "known good" combos that Knuckles has on a new spreadsheet.
reverse jumper open

My motor wiring combo
Motor Phase -- Controller
B :arrow: B
G :arrow: Y
Y :arrow: G

Hall
pos :arrow: pos
neg :arrow: neg
B :arrow: B
G :arrow: Y
Y :arrow: G
There are 2 other combos that work. No load down to <1amp! Smooth as silk! Much better than old Crystalyte above! :)

otherDoc

Thanks, I just went through all 36 cominations in the spreadsheet and not one configuration worked for me.
Does that procedure also account for 60 or 120 phase motors?
The controller says right on it for 60 or 120 motors, but DOES NOT have the wire hanging off of it where you can choose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260323431675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That was the controller.

Hello Everyone

Sorry for the wiring difficulty, but I have found the problem.
A failed Hall Sensor, I just yanked it from the motor now.
It is super tiny and I would like to replace it, I should probalby do all 3 at once?
Can anyone recommend a DigiKey Part number for me?
Total width is 4mm, and height is 2mm, and appears to be about 1.5 mm total thickness.
Will the Honeywell SS41D work? These need to be on/off (digital) right?

herbie said:
Thanks, I just went through all 36 cominations in the spreadsheet and not one configuration worked for me.
Does that procedure also account for 60 or 120 phase motors?
The controller says right on it for 60 or 120 motors, but DOES NOT have the wire hanging off of it where you can choose.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260323431675&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
That was the controller.

i've decided that the Tarn motor will not work with the unmodified cystalyte controller (V1 or 2). i think the magnet poles are at the wrong angle 60/120. the best combination i could find made the motor go forward smoothly but not very fast and then stopped working and blew a FET in the controller. it was:

phase wires
controller --- motor
yellow --- blue
blue --- green
green --- yellow

hall wires
blue---blue
green---yellow
yellow---green

keep your tests short or your likely to blow fets with this one.

Bafang motor + ecrazyman's sensorless controller + ecrazyman's thumb throttle:

Motor-controller:
blue-blue
yellow-green
green-yellow

Throttle-controller:
red-red (+5V)
black-black (-5V)
white-green (signal)
purple-battery +36V

How well does the sensorless controller work with the Bafang, Viking_29?
otherDoc

Here you can find interesting information about control of BLDC and other motors.

The aplication is called :
"Fairchild´s Motor Drive Solutions for Appliances"

Regards

Attachments

• Control de Motores spm_revA.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 487
I'm looking for a "known to work" combination for my Bafang motor and the Shenzen Sucteam BLP-4830 (48v-30A) controller.

Right now it's wired up between the motor and the controller with each wire color matched for phase wires and Hall sensors. The single blue 'e-brake' wire is not connected at all, and the pair of wires for the 'brake' that connect to the levers on the handlebars are confirmed working as designed (normally open).

My symptom is that there is no motion from the motor at all when the throttle is twisted. I've confirmed that the voltage to the input is 51.8v when my normal set of batteries is connected. I've also checked it at 39.1v with the same 'no motion' symptom.

Help!

Hey GaryMedia! I think that you mean this one?
otherDoc

My BAFANG geared motor (from knuckles) to an Infineon 36-54 volt controller. This is one of 3 "known good" combos that Knuckles has on a new spreadsheet.
Motor Controller
reverse jumper open

My motor wiring combo
Motor Phase -- Controller
B B
G Y
Y G

Hall
Motor Controller
pos pos
neg neg
B B
G Y
Y G
There are 2 other combos that work. No load down to <1amp! Smooth as silk! Much better than old Crystalyte above!

otherDoc

Has anyone used an older W/E black controller without Halls (sensorless) with a geared motor successfully? I have one and want to get the old Tricruiser with Bafang back on the road for someone. Thanks in advance.
otherDoc

Back