Kuberg Free Rider

The bike were presented at the intermot. From a short look I can tell you that I would keep my fingers from it. The components look very cheep, the fabrication of the frame didn't look production ready. They also presented a trail bike.. I post this because you guys are not to disappointed when receiving your Free Rider. I suggest to test before buying..

a trail bike? do you have any pics?

Ya this is a fairly cheap bike anyway with the kickstart price. I wasn't expecting to have top end components...But I was expecting good customer service :)

I will wait and see what happens

Whilst I agree that the comms is a little on the slow side with Kuberg I think its worth bearing with them. Their CEO is taking all the calls and emails as well as the usual stuff. Kelly is doing the same in US I think. The reason there is an extra delay is that they have just moved to a larger factory in Czech.

Ive received 1/2 of my Kickstarter order (which I paid in full for) which is the 2015 Trial E. Im very impressed with the quality to be honest. To claim to support a 220lbs rider I don't think they can skimp on cheap components, the oset 20 is only rated for less than half that. Our Trial E pulls me with no bother at all at 200lbs and it doesn't feel like im riding a childs bike. The only criticism I have is that its quite stiffly sprung for a young'un but then dad would be bottoming it out :lol:

Im the other customer Kelly was talking about and ive been told the free rider is only a couple of weeks away. They also said things will settle down after xmas when orders are met and all the events they are attending are done.

/Jon

oh. here is a pic of the trex

trex_600x0w.jpg

are you actually saying that you have your TREX already and you have not uploaded pics and video?? did you smart phone fall in the toilet or something!?!?!

are you actually saying that you have your trial-E already and you have not uploaded pics and video?? did you smart phone fall in the toilet or something!?!?!

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64077

skeetab5780 said:
are you actually saying that you have your trial-E already and you have not uploaded pics and video?? did you smart phone fall in the toilet or something!?!?!

Hi guys

I also ordered kuberg bikes at the end of the failed Kickstarter campain.

I ordered one trial-E one Cross and one Trex.
Kuberg agree to send me a E-trial demobike with wrong/simple controller in time for my youngest kids birthday a couple months ago. And they promised me that we could swap it with a new one as soon as the 2015 models are ready for delivery.
It seems to me that this time has come now when I read that one of you got your E-trial already.

Do anyone have any update info on the Trex? Last mail I got from the CEO was that they really wanted to have the final Trex ready for all motorcycle gatherings e.g. AIM Expo etc. Anyone seen it one any of the bike shows?
Can't wait to get the trex and it shure would be nice if I could get mine before the snow starts fallinje here in suothern Sweden.

Great to have a small community with future Trex owners
BR
Mcgreggor

I have not gotten the Free-rider or the Trex yet. My understanding is that the Free-rider is almost ready. I did not think the Trex would be ready for another 9 months. I am just going by the Trex date on the kickstarter.

I received this email today:
Hi Shawn,
I am still in the Czech Republic. We toured the new factory today and it’s nearing completion. It is very impressive! It is very large and will be have the capability of producing thousands of bikes per year. I have attached some photos of the factory. Also attached are some photos from the EICMA Show in Milan, Italy. Our bikes were a huge hit!

The production Free Rider is just about ready. The factory decided to change the motor to a 4kw motor, and it will be a great change. The bike has outstanding performance and will definetely be worth the wait! Please bear with us a little longer. We want to be sure your bikes are absolutely dialed before we release them even to the first customers!

Thank you,
Kelly Knipe

The pictures are too large to post. Only 2 outside shots of the factory (looks like a generic building) and a shot of the Free-Rider and Trex on a stand.

That's great news. If they are bumping the motor to 4kw then threats worth the wait!

I received this email today from Kelly Knipe of Kuberg:

Below is an email from our CEO on Friday. The individual Free Riders (including yours) are coming very soon. The individual Trex will be a couple months after that. Bulk production means the more massed produced bikes (ie.have not been pre-ordered). I hope to have a solid eta on your Free Rider very soon, it should be here in within the next 90 days at the most. Just in time for summer riding!

I rode the final Free-Rider today. It works VERY WELL.

We want to make one more change in winding to get higher top speed, the current bike works fine but just attempt to make it yet better.

I really enjoyed it – it is very powerfull and fast.

The changed winding will be next week. After that we basically start to produce the bike.

As I wrote earlier – first we will start to produce individual bikes and the bulk production will start by September.

FYI I am ordering 400 sets of parts for Free-Riders.

Thank you,

Kelly Knipe

That's great to hear and consistent with what I've been told by the export manager.

I just hope I get mine soon and that it's as finished as the bikes in September. The guys have certainly taken their time to make sure they are happy with it

Jon

I'm in uk and I ordered a free rider and a 2015 trial e. I Got the trial e in September and I'm very happy with it

One year later and these bikes are still undelivered. I have to say I'm glad I pulled out of this one...Lets hope these things are really amazing if they ever ship out.

I must admit ive had the same feelings occasionally. I was even suspicious that the company might go bust as the comms was so slow and vague. I felt a bit better when I got my Trial E and I think the only fault Kuberg had was that they were a little too ambitious with their timescales or that they underestimated the demand. In 2015 they are in a new factory and are recruiting people to handle communications, export etc which I think is a great move as waiting for comms from the CEO can be hard but to be fair he will have a lot on his plate.

I think Kuberg will do very well and for one im glad to be a part of it early (and happy im signed up as a UK dealer!). The people designing the controllers are very well thought out with lots of developmental and safety features. Every adult that tries our Trial E is shocked when they twist the throttle.

I just hope the free-rider lives up to expectations....

I have been lurking here for months and have gotten essentially the same responses from Michal and Kelly regarding the freerider. September is an even longer time to wait but im glad they are getting it right.-Mike

the smaller kuberg bikes have been available.. start, cross, trial-e..
but the bigger bikes, free-rider etc supposedly will be available this fall..
(according to kuberg.. due to some production delays)

Kuberg at E-MX :
[youtube]3ZzpfXdhjZY[/youtube]

Back