Kuberg Free Rider

Yes but there were a bunch of customers who preordered the free rider and should be getting it early. It was supposed to be ready September 2015 but as you say, there have been delays.

How about this then?

Here is the production version of the free rider. Many upgrades over the original plan, 4kw motor and some awesome suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rVto85bwAM

Are the tires still Maxxis Creepy Crawlers? kind of an obscure size

Yeah looks to be but I read that they are for trials type unicycles so then it sort of makes more sense. I think it needs a front mud guard though

I'm getting excited. I hope I get mine by Christmas. I'm not sure how the batteries will be shipped in the US. It seems like many carriers will not ship them.

They ship in bulk to their US warehouse and then courier from there. I'm sure it will be fine.

I just hope it's not too small for me

I hope so too (180 lbs and 5'8"). I am under the max weight so I will make it work. At least until my Trex arrives. I am now looking for a helmet. I am considering the Bell Super 2r Mips helmet. Electric motorcycles are VERY rare here. So I am hoping to pretend it is a bike to be able to ride on bike only trails. What type helmet do riders use in your country for this type of motorcycle?

I wish I would have got the trex instead now but I think the extra wait for that would be a killer. For the trex a trails helmet is needed of course but I plan to use an mtb helmet on the free rider for the same reasons you mention

ilovehotshot said:
I hope so too (180 lbs and 5'8"). I am under the max weight so I will make it work. At least until my Trex arrives. I am now looking for a helmet. I am considering the Bell Super 2r Mips helmet. Electric motorcycles are VERY rare here. So I am hoping to pretend it is a bike to be able to ride on bike only trails. What type helmet do riders use in your country for this type of motorcycle?

I got the super 2r for ebiking. Its nice. Still feels like a bike helmet for sure due to the light weight but could probably pass for a motorcycle helmet on the road. Wind noise is a bit high at a 30mph cruise but thats probably the same with most helmets. If you are anywhere close to the edge of two sizes make sure you get the bigger one. I was pretty safely in the medium range on the size chart and the medium was too small. There are 2 particular pads in the helmet that put a lot of pressure near your temples. Moving up to the large it fit perfectly and didnt require any modification.

I tried the small without mips and it had wiggle room. I did not tighten it up. I am new to bike helmets. I am a girl so my head is small. Does this sound like the correct size to order? The medium with mips seemed to big. Again I did not tighten. Should I try again and tighten it up? Thx.

Kuberg have released the new website dedicated to the free rider.

http://freerider.kuberg.com/#kuberg-promo

Another shock I saw on there that the motor is 8KW. that's double what I thought it was going to be at 4KW and that's double what it was to start with, 2KW.

ilovehotshot said:
I tried the small without mips and it had wiggle room. I did not tighten it up. I am new to bike helmets. I am a girl so my head is small. Does this sound like the correct size to order? The medium with mips seemed to big. Again I did not tighten. Should I try again and tighten it up? Thx.

Hmm, that's a tough call. There is an adjuster crank in the back that significantly tightens the whole inner structure. The adjuster on mine changes the size to the point where I cant even remove the helmet unless I loosen it. I would definitely try it again and tighten it completely. The cheek pad pockets also have removable foam pads so there is more adjustment to add or subtract padding to fit.

Before I bought mine I read lots of reviews and found quite a few users of the old Super2 helmet where having to go the next size up in the Super2R. I got mine when they were very new so no stores had them to try out. I had to buy 2 online and return one of them. Lots of $$$ to just have floating out there and lots of waiting as they were back ordered. I would try it at a store or make sure your online retailer has a good return policy.

Good luck.

That new freerider website is beautiful but kinda hard to get to a complete spec list. Bike looks very cool and the $3990 price tag seems very fair considering you can easily get that deep into an E-bicycle build.

Only thing I don't really like about that freerider is the seat/battery area. I wish they would have extended the seat or plastic all the way to the steerer tube. Looks like you could get hung up in that gap between the seat and bars in a crash or a landing gone wrong. They could use that dead space for a small storage compartment. Would be a good spot for a few tools or extra tubes and would probably improve the look of the bike.

couldn't help but notice no Aussies have steeped up to distribute :(

I got this email from Kelly Knipe when asked who would be shipping me my free-rider:

Hi Shawn, the Freeriders left the factory last Thursday. I’m expecting an update on where they are landing and how we are distributing –anytime now. Most of the employees that arn’t in production are just getting to Milan, Italy for the EICMA (largest motorcycle show in the world) so I haven’t heard from them in a few days. I’ll keep you posted.

dangt86 I found the Bell Super 2r MIPS at REI. Tried it on and cranked it down. I am going to go with the M. Thanks for your help. Now just waiting for a good price online.

A few days ago I got this email:

I would like to inform you that the Freeriders are finally being sent from the factory.

The bikes are on the sea and on their way to the US finally.

The bikes for Europe are being made right now.

It took us longer than we anticipated but we have finally managed to get the bike out!

The bike is amazing and you will have a lot of fun!

Latest word from email today:

The container arrives in New York on Monday. Then it goes to Portland before they will be sent out to the customers. Delivery before Christmas is guaranteed!

Another email today:

From Kelly Knipe

They are arriving today!! Two techs are flying from Czech today as well however. They have to finish some items on the bikes that weren’t ready when the container left the factory. Don’t worry however, the bike has proven to be extremely reliable! I’ve been thrashing the heck out of mine here and only got a couple flat tires LOL!

I have been in contact with Kelly due to my vacation and trying to get an exact delivery date so I know where to ship them. This is his response:

We have ONE more part that needs to show up for all 44 Freeriders that were scheduled to leave and was stuck in customs! It appears the bikes will go out Monday now. We can ship yours on Tuesday or Wednesday, which will have it showing up approximately on the 28th.

Mine was due out Wednesday last week. Then I was told the courier was booked out for Tuesday (this week) but I've since been able to get in touch on phone or email.

I'll try again today

Anyone any updates?

There are no pics or vids online yet of customers with them so I'm guessing we all still in the same boat.

Regards

Jon

Also looking for customer reviews of the freerider. Should be out soon, the swedish importer told me they arrived.

Got Kubergs Trial-e for my kids, really impressed so far. I´m 190 cm tall, (6´2.5) could be the freerider is too small for me, but would like to see someone my size riding it before i write it off.

Back