Kuberg Freerider Motor

TerrySavace

100 mW
Hi all,

I need a Kuberg Freerider Motor however brand new they are 1k, and impossible to find used. Anyone know of any other motor that will just "work" with an existing 12kw controller? Dont really want to replace the controller so i guess a replacement non OEM motor would have to be near identical which i doubt would happen? Any advice is appreciated.

Terry

I believe the battery and controller are both set up for lithium 48V.

It shouldn't be hard to find something that will work. I'd contact Lightning Rods first. You might pay 20% more than ordering straight from China, but his products actually work, and he has the expertise to help you.

I once bought seven flashlights direct from China, because I wanted specific features. As soon as I got them, three of them did not work, and I was able to take two bad ones to make one good one, so I ended up with five flashlights.

I knew the batteries were going to be junk, rechargeable 14500 lithium format. I replaced five of them with new Sanyo's from a trusted vendor...

Have contacted lighting rods, he has said that he is unsure if the motor will run as its not been tested before....

I guess a question I have is - is it possible for an ESC that has been configured to run one motor, run another with no configuration update, if the other motor is close enough to the firsts build. and are there critical things that if are different between motors the ESC wont work at all, i.e. number of magnets etc

Back