la Nina rears her ugly head

weather 01-25-21.JPG

Well, this should be fun. First I get frozen, then blown away, then flooded. We really need the rain but I could do without the freezing part. The sensitive plants are already half freeze damaged, so I guess freezing the rest won't matter much.

Almost 3" here overnight. The ground still isn't saturated so not much runoff. Rainy pattern to continue for at least the next week.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/hemet/92543/weather-radar/337079 :twisted:
Zoom out to see the approaching storm.
Or:

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G17&sector=psw&band=07&length=24

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Southwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
Showers, mainly after 10pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 42. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday
Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 48. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 57. Calm wind.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.
Monday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Wednesday
A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 59.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************************** :D

Been raining on and off since about 9:00 PM last night, some pretty heavy. Probably total 1-2" by the end of the day. The trails will be unavailable for at least a couple of days.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
******************************************************************************************************************************** :twisted:
:bolt:

Is that normal or abnormal for Southern California?
Are there any fires going on there these days?

aining on and off since about 9:00 PM last night, some pretty heavy. Probably total 1-2" by the end of the day. The trails will be unavailable for at least a couple of days.

Starting to look to me like the la nina pattern is fading. Storms not staying so far north lately. Nothing reaching this far south, and east though. We are still at about .05 inch for the year in the El Paso area.

I'm just hoping we get a normal monsoon this year. La Nina last year really sucked, as all who burned can agree. Our turn in AZ and NM this year. The mogollon rim is crazy dry.

Another 0.8” here. I went riding today and it wasn’t too bad. A few mud puddles but mostly good. I really like the trails when the soil has some moisture. Great traction and quiet.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Cloudy, with a low around 51. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Monday
Scattered sprinkles. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. Calm wind.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. Calm wind.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
Wednesday
A chance of showers, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 64.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 66.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 68.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 68.

Supposedly it's "mostly sunny" all day today, and still says so on all the local NWS sites...but it's been sprinkling and raining since well before dawn so far. :roll:

I think somebody there needs to look out a window now and then. ;)

Back