leaning trike cargo bike front end kit

Drunkskunk said:
That is all kinds of very cool.

Since I'm not good at English, I post pictures instead of writing, there might be too much junk, now I go back to the topic to build the kit

Compared the similar trike in the market,it seems the C/P value of my type superior obviously than the others as I know
All these suspension mechanisms complicate and expansive yet the movement not so effective as mine

Attachments

• EV4 bike3.JPG
    EV4 bike3.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 4,225
  • EV4_3_tilt angle.JPG
    EV4_3_tilt angle.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 4,224
  • stroke-cargo-trike-header.jpg
    stroke-cargo-trike-header.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4,223
  • cargotrike_suspension_t4_02.jpg
    cargotrike_suspension_t4_02.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 4,224
  • lean angle cd1.JPG
    lean angle cd1.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 4,224
  • cd1-cargo-etrike-7.jpg
    cd1-cargo-etrike-7.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 4,222
The wheel span outside dim. 63cm fit for the plastic boxes popular in the market

A is my product,B for EU distributor

Attachments

• compact compare.JPG
    compact compare.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 4,222
  • Box 45L vs 49L b.JPG
    Box 45L vs 49L b.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,222
Sub frame tubes and welding jig positioning completed

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_143850.jpg
    IMG_20190613_143850.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 4,179
  • IMG_20190613_141800.jpg
    IMG_20190613_141800.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 4,180
The kit can fit most traditional type bike 20"~26" if inner diameter of head tube >32mm, as I know; 41mm ODx33mm ID is popular head tube in regular alloy frame

Mass production sub frame might be alloy

Attachments

• Frame compare.JPG
    Frame compare.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 4,127
What capacity the compact trike will carry without interfering movement of the trike and rider

Attachments

• 190627a.JPG
    190627a.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 4,050
Image update and more- - a fourth wheel enables the trike riding on a 2 wheeler narrow track, also easier to cross rough and soft terrains even stairs

Attachments

• 190629d.JPG
    190629d.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 4,001
  • 190702a.JPG
    190702a.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 4,001
  • Turning Radius100702.JPG
    Turning Radius100702.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 3,987
  • stair clime 1.JPG
    stair clime 1.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 3,965
Front 4th wheel also provide a bumper of the child

Attachments

• 190705a.JPG
    190705a.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 3,956
Are you selling the retrofit kit? I read through all the threads and am confused whether you are going to sell the retrofit kit, make a complete bike, or make a four wheel bike?

The retrofit kit will sell very well. I live in a community exclusive to people over 55 year old. Many residents would ride a three wheel tilting bike with 20 inch fat tires.

I am ready to order even if I have to buy 10 kits.

MesquiteTim said:
Are you selling the retrofit kit? I read through all the threads and am confused whether you are going to sell the retrofit kit, make a complete bike, or make a four wheel bike?

The retrofit kit will sell very well. I live in a community exclusive to people over 55 year old. Many residents would ride a three wheel tilting bike with 20 inch fat tires.

I am ready to order even if I have to buy 10 kits.
1, I'm an engineer not a manufacturer nor work shop, I draw when I have an idea- -this make you confused, yes I'll sell retrofit kit when I finish the complete kit

2, Since I don't have enough components source and in lack of budget, I cooperate with an export trader now, deal with producing components of the kit by his suppliers, the trader will also develop some complete trikes assembled with my kit to be products of them

The stroke would make a good rig for doing UberEats. Otherwise I don't think I would like the load to tilt like the other versions suggest.

There needs to be a similar trike that can carry a wheelchair on the front platform, that doesn't tilt....The disabled community could really use it. Giving rides to those restricted to a chair and with no means to operate any of the systems associated with cycling would be a really good thing.

For wheelchair bikes, there are a couple of options e.g.: https://www.vanraam.com/en-gb/our-bikes/wheelchair-bike or http://www.frankmobility.com/duet.php - I saw one in action a few years ago, just cycled up, clipped the chair in an went - very cool

Bigwheel said:
The stroke would make a good rig for doing UberEats. Otherwise I don't think I would like the load to tilt like the other versions suggest.

There needs to be a similar trike that can carry a wheelchair on the front platform, that doesn't tilt....The disabled community could really use it. Giving rides to those restricted to a chair and with no means to operate any of the systems associated with cycling would be a really good thing.

Cargo trikes are mostly seen in EU, while American style cargo bike mostly seen are long tails because the terrain and climate are different, There are 70% mountains and hills in my country, the mountain winding roads maybe wet and slippery,that's why I develop tilting trike

Tilting trikes are not for disables

All components are ready and I also found a work shop who can weld the bicycle frame

Configuration diagram shows the trike possibly seen later

Attachments

• 190719c.JPG
    190719c.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 3,847
Front end frame welding trials, I should add reinforced plates like G1(background) did to avoid deformation in welding work

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_093714.jpg
    IMG_20190727_093714.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 3,808
  • 190727.JPG
    190727.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,808
I recently stumbled on an interesting cargo trike after realizing a conventional ebike wasn’t going to cut it to transport my new compact PA system! I am am pretty sure this will make getting to gigs with two saxophones, mic stand, and sound system way way easier However, the trike I found is still a concept!
After thinking, I have an Idea to build the rest of the frame myself assuming I could get some input on the most complex part, the front two wheel leaning trike mechanism!.......any information or suggests would be greatly appreciated!

I am not an engineer but, I pretty good building and modding things! Oh, if someone could sell me just the front end, I would jump on it ASAP!

I just sold a leaning trike to someone who wants to use it to move a baritone sax around - see picture here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw3crwxd0l8cq80/Veleon%20mit%20Saxophontasche.resized.JPG

matmaxgeds said:
I just sold a leaning trike to someone who wants to use it to move a baritone sax around - see picture here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw3crwxd0l8cq80/Veleon%20mit%20Saxophontasche.resized.JPG

Yes! I think Veleon is fine for the purpose

Attachments

• packmass-veleon.jpg
    packmass-veleon.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,739
6E90BBD0-3A9F-490A-93D3-073094A7B515.jpegThanks for the input but, my dream is more like this:

I must be able to bring along my small PA system (I have 2 nano lucas amps and a Behringer xr12 mixer) to my restaurants and bar gigs! I Normally play with a bass and guitarist but, since I am the leader I prefer to bring my own gear! That way I am in control and No surprises with crap gear!

I am prepared to build it myself, it’s just that the front end tilting system is quite complex! I’ve already sourced a ac/dc tig welder and Argon bottle! I also found an velo (bike) association here in Paris that can help me with a jig!

newjazz said:
6E90BBD0-3A9F-490A-93D3-073094A7B515.jpegThanks for the input but, my dream is more like this:

I must be able to bring along my small PA system (I have 2 nano lucas amps and a Behringer xr12 mixer) to my restaurants and bar gigs! I Normally play with a bass and guitarist but, since I am the leader I prefer to bring my own gear! That way I am in control and No surprises with crap gear!

I am prepared to build it myself, it’s just that the front end tilting system is quite complex! I’ve already sourced a ac/dc tig welder and Argon bottle! I also found an velo (bike) association here in Paris that can help me with a jig!

If you want "the front end tilting system" from me, just say it clearly, I already have the components,I think you don't need the frame , you are going to build it yourself

Like the long John type, bucket is low in the middle

The difficulty to build a leaning trike is to positioning all linkages in right places, you can't do it well without 3D simulations

The pictures A is My product, prototype B I developed for EU distributor ride just fine, But the long John type no easy handling when turning because of it's long wheel base

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 3,727
  • compact compare.JPG
    compact compare.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,702
Yes, of course I am interested in the front end tilting system!.......as I mentioned in the private message that I sent earlier today! I would like a “ floating trike” which I m assuming means suspension! Also, If possible i prefer to use 20” front wheels since it is difficult to find 18” or 16” Tires in bike stores here in Paris! Please post more information and photos of what you available!....,... thanks!

newjazz said:
Yes, of course I am interested in the front end tilting system!.......as I mentioned in the private message that I sent earlier today! I would like a “ floating trike” which I m assuming means suspension! Also, If possible i prefer to use 20” front wheels since it is difficult to find 18” or 16” Tires in bike stores here in Paris! Please post more information and photos of what you available!....,... thanks!
I'll give you enough pictures to mount the parts,the picture shows relationship between wheel base and turning radius
190802b.JPG
The G2 trike prototype will be completed soon; 2nd front frame much better
IMG_20190802_124422.jpg

Looks great!.......judging from the your pic of the frame, I would need modify this to fit the design on the photo that I posted! Also, can you give me a time frame of when you can expect to finish your g2 design? This way, I can prepare to purchase the other parts! Thanks

Attachments

• 98DD1E0B-DACF-4645-8B00-FCE16C5874CD.jpeg
    98DD1E0B-DACF-4645-8B00-FCE16C5874CD.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3,646
Back