'lightest.bike' 1.7kg 1000w mid drive

Good points about Shimano. They've controlled the drivetrain market since the inception of SIS, AFAICT, and dictate its direction. I'm still using 8 or 9- speed and, for me, they're far superior to the competition.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lightest-ebike-kit-your-bike-with-superpowers#/updates/all

There's been an update on the indiegogo.

They seem to be re-engineering a lot of things. Including the controller ( due to the chip crisis ).

I have several EE friends working on producing chip based things and they've had to re-engineer for different microcontrollers etc. :confused:

personally i'm OK to wait since i'll *eventually* get a product that was better than if they shipped early and didn't do all their testing.

Maybe its a Brexit thing and Britain made a pac with those countries, Switzerland, Finland, ?Romania?, ???

LewTwo said:
What is a "WSO ID" number?
The only reference that I can find has something to do with Alcoholics Anonymous.WSO ID Number.jpg

Every time I see this thing I think of the Kepler Friction Drive and his Youtube videos.
The thing that strikes about about those videos is the noisy high speed whining sound from the motor.

They had an update on their site recently and say that the 1000w motor is doing 32mph continuously on the road, and the new controller can handle more than that juice, and is programmable..

I would bet the "1000w" motor is being operated at 1100-1200w continous at that speed..
Therefore the motor may be underrated a little.. and i do like the sound of that.

As to when we're getting it.. well.. :lol:

To be honest I'm not invested as you are but am rooting for you Neptronix! I don't really care about the 32mph thing but it does make sense that if it can run reliably at those speeds then for lesser applications it should really hold up well.

I guess the speed claim depends on how aero the rider/ bike is. Many pushbike riders in good positions on good bikes go faster than 32 mph on less than 500 watts.

Some updates posted on their indiegogopage:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lightest-ebike-kit-your-bike-with-superpowers#/updates/all

They've also successfully completed the casting issue that was a hurdle for them.

gunporedmq1zo9jurp5n.png

avagb2pi2dsdl4majiuo.png

Might actually turn out to be a real product. :mrgreen:

neptronix said:
Might actually turn out to be a real product. :mrgreen:

Maybe they're just trying to scare up another funding round, indiegogo style.

What a gamble it is, I would just take the weight penalty and go for the bbshd but some people like going light, it is quite the light indigogo mid drive kit at 1.7kg vs (Motor weighs 13 pounds and whole kit with all parts will add ~16 pounds to your bike.) but it is an ebike, weight means little to most not all.

Will the 1.7kg number hold up?
Time will tell

Will it be the same power levels as the bbshd?
Time will tell

or maybe time wont tell and it never comes to fruition and hope get cash back on the flop.

Who knows, I hope they succeed in a timely manner.

The problem for me with bbsXX is the lack of torque sensor. TSDZ2 works fine, but reliabilty is so so.
BBSHD is another level compared to this: it's a moped motor, this one is for ebikes (seen form this side of the Atlantic ocean :wink: )
I've ordered one and I'm happy to see their project coming to an end. I plan to power a cargo bike with it in order to make hard tests. Can't wait :)

The main draw to me is the lack of bizarro world Q factor when riding it ( one pedal out 10-20mm more than usual ), then the ultra low weight and supposedly extremely efficient stator.

I can see it scaling my mountains a lot better than the BBS02, and also, fitting in a semi-recumbent bike, which would be even sweeter.

I've had a BBS02. Not a fan. Kinda turned me off from mid drives as a whole!

Looking forward to this more and more each day..
They are giving free magnesium endshield upgrades to those who pledged during the campaign, and now that they've made the 1000w model work with an improved internal controller, I am absolutely upgrading to that from the 750w! (Plus superhero pack)

Pairing with a bicyclemotorworks pocket rocket II special order with 5000mah cells, (52v 10AH, 520wh) and a lunacycle power pack pouch (yes it fits, added some foam tape on the battery for bump protection) Should be more than enough juice.

Only standing issues I have now are how to fit the motor inside the frame of my trek xcal7, how to pair the XT90S connector to the motor, and what sort of anti-theft stuff beyond motor lockout through bluetooth I need to add...

The mounting options that keeps the motor higher than the BB is intriguing. (I tend to smash into things)

Also flexibility. I think you could move it between bikes with different bb widths?

Demer80 said:
The mounting options that keeps the motor higher than the BB is intriguing. (I tend to smash into things)

The solution for that problem is to stop smashing into things.

Do not hold your breath for this motor to make it into production.

not having read the thread but i want to comment:

The unit looks good and i like the idea behind but:
how does it affect efficiency and chain life if the human power and the motor power are transferred over a 10 T sprocket?

the system reminds me of the rocky mountain unit . Are there any patent issues regarding the torque sensing?

Philipp

Looks like they're actually shipping things.

..fingers crossed

maiz said:
neptronix said:
Looks like they're actually shipping things.

..fingers crossed

agreed. waiting for some reviews!

Do you remember how much time elapsed between the first reviews of Copenhagen Wheel and when most buyers received theirs?

You can't buy a Copenhagen wheel now, either.

[youtube]TpokQc37dd4[/youtube]

The above review is dated 2009. As near as I can tell, most buyers began receiving their Copenhagen Wheels in 2017.

Just got an update..

Production is going on,
but, unfortunately, slower than forecasted.

Currently the output is one motor per day, since the production line is not yet operating. The longest operation is the motor winding, which is done internally in a semi-automatic fashion. That alone takes up to 6 hours between preparation, actual winding, check, wire finishing and insertion.

We need to get out of this phase as fast as possible: with the production line and winding machine completed, we'll be able to manufacture up to 30 motors per day so we'll be quickly delivering all your motors in a very short time.

So we're now split between completing the assembly line, winding machine and motor production for OEMs.

Back