Lithium Battery Upgrade for EVO Uberscoot 1600w 48v Scooter

QueenSassy

1 µW
Hello!

I have a EVO Uberscoot 1600w 48v scooter. I want to upgrade the battery to a lithium battery. Can anyone tell me what battery I need and suppliers?

Thanks

Hello!

I have a EVO Uberscoot 1600w 48v scooter. I want to upgrade the battery to a lithium battery. Can anyone tell me what battery I need and suppliers?

Thanks
Unfortunately, replacing lead acid scooter batteries from high power applications is difficult. In high power scooters, the batteries are being pushed way too hard for their size. I’m in a similar situation with my 500W 24V scooter, which uses the same 12v12ah batteries. Manufacturers use lead acid batteries because they’re cheap and can output tons of current, but it kills the battery quickly. Lithium batteries have a BMS which prevents the batteries from being overworked, but that makes finding suitable replacements a pain.

Your best bet would be to find a local (or online) company that designs battery packs, and provide your dimensions and power draw. Don’t buy a cheap Amazon pack that seems too good to be true, they will be way too weak and might catch fire.

It requires a 48v/20ah. It should cost between $250 and $350 on Amazon or eBay. For $230 (sale) apiece, I bought three on eBay, and I've never had any problems with them so far.

I like to keep the battery in the foam package because it provides exceptional protection.

It requires a 48v/20ah. It should cost between $250 and $350 on Amazon or eBay. For $230 (sale) apiece, I bought three on eBay, and I've never had any problems with them so far.

I like to keep the battery in the foam package because it provides exceptional protection.
Could you provide a link to what you’ve used before? I might need something similar

Back