Main hot wire red came off and touch my pedal arm and it sparked ?

999zip999

100 TW
Lately my Lynn 18 fet controller had been shutting off then shutting back on and then it'll work better and I'm working on it right now and the main battery wire came off and it touched my pedal arm and it sparked is my controller negative grounding to my bike somehow ?
Yes I hit the throttle with Chuck Chuck stop then would work good.
At first I was kissing a loose magnet in the motor
But I don't know I'll put my e-bike tester on it first and go from there.

If the battery hot wire can ground under my pedal arm that means my bike's negative when I touch the red wire to my pedal arm and it Sparks ???
Well I broke down all the connections I put the bike test on the controller good I put the bike tester on the motor good and I'm just going to put it back together and see if it'll work and not cut out on me it cuts out hard when it cuts out.

What is wrong or you just experienced a spark and was curious but it still all works?

If the battery hot wire can ground under my pedal arm that means my bike's negative when I touch the red wire to my pedal arm and it Sparks ???
You can definitively test this with your multimeter instead of guessing.

Ok the controller is plugged into the battery. The off/on switch is off. The C.A. is off. The red plug for the pre resistor a battery pos hot wire so I plugged in the multimeter to the extra red battery plug and touch the frame. It's sparked 79voltsI unplugged the battery from the controller and plug the battery hot and touch the frame no spark no voltage on multimeter.
I don't know what my next step is could I have a short wire running through the axle or do I have a fet that's about to be blown or is blown. I used the e-bike tester on the motor the Halls the fence look good I use the ebike tester on the controller it looks good
My controller work good then what kind of crap out then I turn around home and work again then I parked it in my garage and I stopped testing.
I have a 72 volt battery charge to 82 volts or so the controller is a 18 fet lyenn controller.
What is my next test do I test for the motor shorten out or do I test for a blown fet ???

Back