Milwaukee Packout Battle Born

Looks like maybe it's heavy enough for a crackhead to abandon it without taking it too far away.

If I wanted to keep an expensive piece of equipment inside a car or a van, I'd probably house it in a diaper bag, or maybe a duffel bag with some stained clothes sticking out, or a lidded plastic tub marked "recycling". I definitely would not choose a name branded case that says "there are probably expensive power tools in here".

I very much agree with Chalo on this one. I've seen windows broken with a rock to get at a $10 pair of obviously cheap sunglasses.

If this isn't hidden or camouflaged adequately, its definitely meth-bait.

That being said, I definitely want to encourage back-up battery packs.

Battle Born batteries are getting a good reputation. However server rack style batteries are about the same price but come with a bms and power meters. DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse on youtube has good info on storage batteries. He actually takes them apart and runs capacity tests.

Yeah, good points :wink: It mostly lives in the garage and can be easily rolled into the kitchen to run the refrigerators for maybe a day during power outages. I have a Honda 2000 genny if needed. For camping, it would run the Dometic refrigerator for many days. I just got a portable induction cook top...fast cooking and windproof. I have a couple hundred watts of solar and a trolling motor for my zodiac i plan to give a go.
Crack heads suck...but i dont camp a lot downtown :lol: It is hidden in the back of the van or blankets for cover. If someone is going to break in not much i can do about that...

Battle Born have a BMS and 10 year warranty...assuming they are still a viable concern. I have seen Will Prouse :bigthumb:

Im in the Sacramento area...Reno is only a two hour drive :wink: Each battery is 100Ah.

Back