Mismatched wire colors

smiffen

1 µW
I got a key throttle with a battery level meter on it and.i have a vevor 2000w controller . The throttle has five wires black , green , orange , and then blue , yellow which I Believe are for the meter . On my controller I have grey, black, red wires for throttle and then red orange for the battery meter hook up I believe I don't know wat the label actually says for the name of those two wires . I got the battery meter to work with the key but I can't get the throttle to work for the motor to power up again it worked once and now doesn't . Do I have the right wires connected together I have red to red , black to black ,and grey to green, but now am.not getting any power or throttle to motor to when I twist the throttle :(? Does anyone know wat I am doing incorrectly or why my throttle isn't making my motor run now when I twist the throttle ??? Please help really want to ride this new motor and controller so badly thanks for your time !

IMG_20231126_214046853_HDR.jpg
I got a key throttle with a battery level meter on it and.i have a vevor 2000w controller . The throttle has five wires black , green , orange , and then blue , yellow which I Believe are for the meter . On my controller I have grey, black, red wires for throttle and then red orange for the battery meter hook up I believe I don't know wat the label actually says for the name of those two wires . I got the battery meter to work with the key but I can't get the throttle to work for the motor to power up again it worked once and now doesn't . Do I have the right wires connected together I have red to red , black to black ,and grey to green, but now am.not getting any power or throttle to motor to when I twist the throttle :(? Does anyone know wat I am doing incorrectly or why my throttle isn't making my motor run now when I twist the throttle ??? Please help really want to ride this new motor and controller so badly thanks for your time !
I have sense switched the blue and yellow to blue to orange and yellow to red for meter I believe is correct ? But the other three worked once and now doesn't is this wiring match up correct for my throttle to controller for power toy motor this is the picture of the wiring???

One of the reds (for throttle) will be 5V, the other is likely full pack voltage. Have you measured them?

Because?

You don’t have a access to a multimeter?

Three can be had for $5. It’s not a high involvement purchase. They all work well enough for most purposes, so no need grit your teeth and mull over it, you can just buy the cheapest one your local electronics or hardware store has to offer. Or if you’re wealthy, might as well buy their most expensive model.

It’s not a task you can realistically attack without one.

Black and red, and motor and throttle wiring are predictable. Controller wiring is not. Orange, green, and pink wires can be predicted with better than random accuracy, but the rest cannot.

Anyway, post some voltage measurements if you can.

Back