Motor controller for MY1020D - Tesla Cyber Quad

justeve

100 µW
Hi everyone! First post here
I bought a MY1020D kit from Amazon for $200, the controller didn't even turn once and died (no load)
I've opened it up the the busbar was not soldered to the 3 of the mosfests, long story short - it's dead.

I then bought a Votol motor controller from Amazon + cable to program it, it seems like no one ever made this controller to work with the MY1020.
The most recent controller is JRAHK motor controller from Amazon, that actually works and is very powerful but behaving weirdly, it skips (and makes horrible sound) and sometime wont move, I've found that reseting the power fixes it for an acceleration or 2.

Anyway, I want to buy a different controller that I can program and that is known to work with this motor.
Spec:
Battery:
72V lifepo4 30Ah 80A(continues) 160A(boost)
Motor: MY1020D 3000W
Application: Tesle Cyber Quad :cool:

I've read here that KBS-X KBS72101X is an option. I'm looking at the Kelly website and I think I've found something that fits the bill:

My questions are:
Will it work with the MY1020D?
Do I need the Sinusoidal or Trapezoidal version?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_5760.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5808.JPG
    IMG_5808.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
A "Tesla" with a Unite motor. That's deliciously ironic to me, given that my very first, no-budget experiments with e-bikes used Unite motors. And that I was messing around with that stuff during the same period my boss introduced me to Elon in my machine shop.

For what it's worth, that very morning when one of my coworkers told me, "Elon Musk is coming by today!", I said, "who's that?"

Votol can run MY1020 beautifully. I’d suggest revisiting that option, since you already have the controller. If you post your config, I’ll have a look at it for you.

Votol can run MY1020 beautifully. I’d suggest revisiting that option, since you already have the controller. If you post your config, I’ll have a look at it for you.
Thanks, I’m still playing with the config, but if you can please send me your config I would really appreciate it.

I’ve just tested all 3 hall wires with oscilloscope and I’ve found that the blue wire is not showing square wave like the other 2. I suspect this is the reason that it’s not working. Need to figure out what type of sensor is used and order a new one.

Back