Motortrend article with tons of info about Tesla’s Cybertruck

[youtube]xA08EW8rBAs[/youtube]
Quick stab at the crazy horses with some beat downs haha.

Got to admit the downfalls hillhater is pointing out are genuine engineering problems and if people took the time to watch the video they would see its not horse shit it's genuine and that's the whole reason why ICE beat EV in the first place because ICE was seen as hard work to crank start then batterys allowed the car to be started, before that there was a ton of Infrastructure built around the electric car that failed not becuase we didn't want to hug the planet but more of one outshined the other in terms of usability even when it got less than 20mpg.

Times are changing so will the designs we build lesrn the past history to understand the future i say let's face it the ICE engine has helped move us forward there's not all negatives surrounding it but for small light city transport electric is now king.

I just replied to a post about a couple of really experienced and extremely intelligent members leaving the forum. My point was about wondering about why they left and if one of the reasons was having to put up with fools and stubborn idiots.

I hope Hillhater will not be responsible for us losing any more of our more informed and knowledgeable members. He appears to be a one way kind of guy with a rigid, unchangeable viewpoint who has questionable debating skills. :|

I suppose it's ok to hate hills, but there is no reason to hate everything.

Yeah, I hate to make this comment something akin to a callout post but in the time I've been browsing ES I haven't been wowed by the society as I had been led to believe; I've found and learned more from SpinningMagnet's personal site and once called bcae1.com than just going through things here. I think the likes of HillHater and others are just kind of a symptom more than a simple "problem".

Anyway...
Ianhill said:
Got to admit the downfalls hillhater is pointing out are genuine engineering problems and if people took the time to watch the video they would see its not horse shit it's genuine and that's the whole reason why ICE beat EV in the first place...

Oh hell yeah, no question at all. Even wilder is knowing that the "charging" technologies in the era didn't really have any way of knowing the battery was charged aside from specific gravity or pressure in the container- you could figure by voltage, but that's nowhere near perfect. Couple that with the old idea that electric cars were "womens cars" because you didn't get dirty or smell with them and it's obvious why some companies were dropping them before the self-starter's invention.

Times are changing so will the designs we build lesrn the past history to understand the future i say let's face it the ICE engine has helped move us forward there's not all negatives surrounding it but for small light city transport electric is now king.

Yep! I think we're giving gasoline a fantastic sendoff, and it's genuinely impressive how far we can stretch it with techs like SkyActiv. The biggest difficulty to more mass EV acceptance I think, is getting people to realize how commonplace chargers are, and not just station-wise; I didn't even know until a month or two ago that you can charge an EV at an RV park and that it's common for them to do it enough that a special plug for it is provided, and I've been learning about these for 5 years.

Loads of chargers at my local service station just 10 miles from me, tesla stalls and another brand not sure 10 in total that didn't exist a few years ago.

These do sit alongside a new fuel forecourt but they have been closing since the 90's in Wales, fuel used to be local stations dotted every village nearly but in my youth they all closed or became MOT garages when they couldn't compete with larger rivals that then took a knock themselfs from the expanding supermarket chains, so in my youth there was a big change to how fuel was being distributed and this change will never stop it will swap to electric over time and 20 years from now there will be kids writing of the change the motor car has influenced on the enviroment local to them.

I appolagise to anyone that maybe offended by my opinions but I appreciate the fact we all will have differing views we all see the world through differing eyes and must respect one and other and build bonds rather than break them.

As for ES being a difficult place it's the same for any mainstream arena with head strong males be honest I find it's quite relaxed but I'm used to locals gobbing off and it's quite a colourful to say the least but entertaining.

nicobie said:
My point was about wondering about why they left and if one of the reasons was having to put up with fools and stubborn idiots.

that's what the ignore feature is for. ;)

it doesnt' make them not exist, but at least you don't have to see their posts (unless you choose to, individually, or someone not on your ignore list quotes them).

saves a lot of frustration.

nicobie said:
I hope Hillhater will not be responsible for us losing any more of our more informed and knowledgeable members. He appears to be a one way kind of guy with a rigid, unchangeable viewpoint who has questionable debating skills. .

I am old and thick skinned enough not to let crap like these statements worry me.
However, i would say that in most civilised “forums” , for someone to inject a post many pages into a thread, with no content relevant to the subject, solely to make a personal attack on another poster...is one of the lowest forms of social action.!
Its even lower than posters who avoid answering requests to sustanstiate statements , retract blatently false statements, avoid answering direct questions, deliberately changing the subject when questioned, ..or simply just attack the poster when they have no valid reply to a statement or subject
It seems the “Shooting the Messenger”. is an acceptable tactic for some posters on this forum ?.

Hillhater said:
st35326 said:
Teslas don't have transmissions, bonehead. ...
Oh !...so what would you prefer to call this ?....a “box of gears “ maybe ?
sDjOhK.jpg

Strange that.. most people with a basic understanding of drive systems refer to that assembly of gears and shafts between the motor and the wheels,..as a TRANSMISSION mechanism ! ...because it is transmitting the drive torque from the motor to the wheels :shock:
And, before you open your arse again and say anything else, yes, i do know it doesnt have a clutch or multiple ratio selection !......but it is still a trans mission assembly, full of gears, bearings, shafts, oil, and seals.
.....and Tesla have had to replace many of them !

That's the gear reduction for the motor and the differential (see the spider gears?). You do know the difference between a differential and a transmission right? How's the transmission on you mid drive ebike working? You insufferable idot.
Bet me Sheila.

Many vehicles, fwd cars , rear engined rwd cars ( VW Beetle), etc have differentials built into their TRANSMISSION assemblies.
Tesla’s principal motor designer, Konstantinos Laskaris, explains the logic behind the move.

“It’s well known that permanent magnet machines have the benefit of pre-excitation from the magnets, and therefore you have some efficiency benefit for that. Induction machines have perfect flux regulation and therefore you can optimize your efficiency. Both make sense for variable-speed drive single-gear transmission as the drive units of the cars.
But its name doesnt matter,..just because you do not want to call it a transmission, even ignoring the differential, it is still a box full of gears, shafts, bearings, seals , and oil, that TRANSMITS the power from the motor to the wheels.
....And they still have issues in EVs !
Keep digging your hole...i am listening .

Hillhater said:
Maintenance...
As i said, many manufacturers offer “capped price “ servicing for the duration of the warranty period ( 3,-5, even 7 years !) for example , Toyota service fees are capped at Au$140 (US$100) per year.
Also its common to be offered “free servicing” when negotiating a new car sale

If you believe that you get free service when you purchase a toxic spewer you probably believe in the tooth fairy!

Hillhater said:
MitchJi said:
If you believe that you get free service when you purchase a toxic spewer you probably believe in the tooth fairy!
Yes, ...that would be like believing an EV doesnt need any servicing ! :roll:

I've serviced my car from new every 10000 £40 spent I'm on £440 in oil and filters I've had a clutch fitted at £300 and 4 new injectors fitted and mapped £1000 timing belt kit £250 I've also used 285 full tanks at £55 each on average and getting about 55mpg for a grand total of £17665 to cover 115000 miles in 8 years.

The cars cost, tax mot and insurance has not been taken Into account in my case that equals around another £20k but this figure could be alot less I've had a new lease car and bought it outright won't happen again specially current economic circumstances I'll be fitting a new turbo core in 10000 miles at around £150 and then run it till its next timing belt, the bodies are galvanized these days so rust is not so much of an issue till 15 years or so if it's washed regular and any impacts touched up.

Rich rebuilds could give a figure of his cost of owner ship of a second hand car and I bet it's not as low as the figure I just quoted just to get the car on the road let alone pay for any electric and the saw thing is he gets the screw on supercharging damn I'd pull it into the lot plug the lead in and set a remote thermite charge off in the boot that's what I think of the pyles of shit.

Electric cars i love them but the cult status of tesla and the following to all things elon is just a bunch of 💩's that's think they nerds and now have an understanding of the electric future yet they have bought into a part of John Delorean's new truck ah I mean elon musk.

I forgot tyres wiper blades washer fluid and car washes but they account for the same on both cars.

Back