Mxer's Build Questions Thread

mxer

1 kW
Got myself some toy's to play with :D , and no doubt will need some help making somthing out of this....So be prepared for some stupid questions along the way :? But best to ask then just assume and have some melted stuff for the skip :roll: .....

P1000183.jpg

So here goes, First question, On the controller I have traced all the wires to where they are suppossed to go, except this picture it's a 5 pin connector, originally thought it was the halls but that is the other end with the phase/motor wires, so what is it ?.....
P1000182.jpg

I have a couple more on disk's etc, but right now i have a wheel to fit :twisted:

Thanks in advance guy's.. :D

On my crystalyte controller the five pin male plug is the cruise. I dont have it hooked up , but that is what the wireing scheme says on the back.

which type of controller do you have ?

normally on the infineon form ebikes.ca, you have a diagram at the back, or you can find it on their web page
http://ebikes.ca/store/photos/C7240-NC.jpg

for a Crystalyte, normally comes with an instruction sheet giving the details...

but from the picture, i cannot really tell which controller you have....

it's 5 pins, but does it have 5 wires into it ?

CA, yeah could be but thought they had 6 wires this has 5 (2xred,1xblk,1xwht,1x grn) think the controller is an infineon nothing to comfirm tho....

and wheel is on :mrgreen:

mxer said:
CA, yeah could be but thought they had 6 wires this has 5 (2xred,1xblk,1xwht,1x grn) think the controller is an infineon nothing to comfirm tho....

and wheel is on :mrgreen:

i would suggest opening it up to see if they connect like this. if so, it's a programming port. if you dont have the programming cable you can make one or contact lyen and he can sell you one, they're $15. http://lyen.com/

usbttlwires.jpg

MMMmm, Seams like i need to shift the disk abit ? Can you buy these ?, It's a disk holder adaptor thingy that screws on a standard freewheel thread (disk side) i need a thicker one, but a spare would be handy anyway..

P1000188.jpg

mxer said:
MMMmm, Seams like i need to shift the disk abit ? Can you buy these ?, It's a disk holder adaptor thingy that screws on a standard freewheel thread (disk side) i need a thicker one, but a spare would be handy anyway..

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/disc-brake-conversion-kit.html

505202505202.jpg

http://ebike.ca/store/store_motors.php

DiskSpacer.jpg

That's awsome thanks :D , The UK is shocking for bit's looks like all the bit's i need so far are from the US :roll: We do say here in the UK the US is about 10yrs infront :lol:

just found this at a fraction of the price, not certain the inside diameter will fit, they also have more than 1 thickness plus ones w/ discs already attached

http://motorparts4less.com/products.php?id=1057

BrakeDisc_Adapter_Thick_15mm_S.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOO :mrgreen: I'm up and running 8)

Amazing torque and power, I can not believe the power of this bike, god know's what you 72v+ power boy's go through but mine at 50v just want's to wheelie from half throttle everywhere, Cannot not believe it!!!! :shock: The motor(still unsure what it is?) is super smooth and freewheels like it's not even a motor it's absolutly stunning..

I'm well excited and been waiting for this to happen for too long, Tomorrow is a indurance/distance test can't wait and then tiddy up !! :D ...

I have a USB cable on the way from Lyen and would like to have a play with the tweeks too on the controller, One thing i would like to fit is a three speed switch but i don't think my infineon has the connections? (Just three throttle wires) is there a way to fit a switch ?,would be nice to have this option to turn it down and also try this 120% setting :twisted: ....

Just want to thankyou all of you and the forum it's self for all your quality help and info, how cool is that, that without you guy's it wouldn't of happend and i would be still running around on my 24v brushed 180w motor :lol: Cheer's guy's :mrgreen:

Ok, Think i have sorted the three speed switch, Need to open up my controller to see if there is X1 X2 input's which i will check later....

I have a small worry tho ? I noticed my Turnigy has a "Votage sag mod" my Lipo's were all at 3.91v x 12 showing 46.92v which is healthy but the Sag on the meter went as low as 44.25v divide that by 12 gives me 3.68v

I want to run down to 3.3v this will be a rested pack, But i'm guessing the voltage sag will be alot lower when i get down that far, I take it this could distroy my pack letting it lower than 3v even though rested at 3.3v ?

Basicly what i am saying is does voltage sag come into the lipo rules ? or doesn't it matter about sag just the rested stat ???...

Thanks in advance :D

Think i just found what i'm looking for, I must search more often :roll:

"The low voltage damage to the battery only occurs from the state of charge of the battery dropping to the point that the Lithium under goes a chemical change of state, which damages the cells.

This means whatever the pack drops down to under discharge is not important, as long as that resistive thermal energy isn't building up to exceed the cells safe temps.

You only need to care about resting voltage for concern about hurting the batteries from over-discharge."

I don't know where you're getting your info but if your Lipo packs won't last long if you follow those rules you found.

Don't run your Lipos down to 3.3v/cell... they won't last long if you do that. On most lipos the voltage really takes a dive fast when you run your batts down to lower than 3.5v/cell. I myself never let my lipo packs go lower than 3.65v/cell.

BTW looks like you hit a jackpot with all those ebike parts. How did you get all those? And which motor did you end up using first? The grey motor on the right (laced up to the wheel) looks like a geared Puma.

Thanks for the Advice on the cells, I have set my alarms for 3.7 knowing i have very little left, but i'm guessing with voltage sag they will be going off quite early....I will keep an eye out on my meter for 43.2v...Thanks

I guess i did hit the jackpot with the parts as they where delivered the next day too :D The guy was in the UK and had lot's of motors (he advertised here) just got lucky...Having talked to him he said they where Puma,Mac,Bmc motors so i was unsure what i was getting, A gamble you take ?...

The motor i am running say's "Puma 500320p" he said he invented the "Puma" name a while back and had the factory engrave it to the motors and it stuck ?....I'm guessing this is the Mac 8T ?....

Anyway's im pretty much finished, Not alot of range yet 12s 5ah but this thing's Mental......Need alittle help on the Watt meter mount (any idea's?) and also need to place another two 6s somewhere and pahaps move the controller, But it's running!!! :mrgreen: ...

P1000211.jpg

P1000213.jpg

P1000214.jpg

Did you manage to buy the lot then? I was after a couple from him as the prices were hideously cheap.
I was after the ezee motor.

Glad you got it all up and working though

No, I bought 2 motor's (Puma/Mac)and 2 controllers (Infineon 30Amp) and an Amped kit 500w DD.......He sold the rest minus 2 other mac's to someone abroad (2 pallets worth :shock: ) Gutted i diddn't make an offer on the batteries too they went stupidly cheap!! :shock: But then again he did buy the Lot :roll: Glad i got in when i did :D We need more bit's floating round the UK......

I know its shit poor in the UK. everything has to come from oversea's with the additional postage cost or the possible issues that comes with it.
THere's no real spares and if you can't find somethnig locally your stuffed lol.

Everything is just rare and there are people with Electric kits etc about but its definetly not common place.... Yet...
Its gaining momentum though. YOu only have to look at the increase in electric bikes last year to notice that.

I think i will be ok for spares with the mac motors as they are very popular, Glad i got a couple of metal gears thrown in, if i go for more power i may fit one....

Could do with some local Lipo's though, This guy look good forthe UK and he also cycles them to weed out any duds before he ships them which is cool, But he only does the 5s :roll: Good price too for the UK..

http://www.jozztek.com/shop/batteries/20-turnigy-5-cell-lipo-pack.html

May email him see if he is planning on any future 6s.....

mxer said:
He sold the rest minus 2 other mac's to someone abroad (2 pallets worth :shock: ) Gutted i diddn't make an offer on the batteries too they went stupidly cheap!! :shock: But then again he did buy the Lot :roll: Glad i got in when i did :D We need more bit's floating round the UK......

I bought the balance of Mark’s stock. Many of the motors have already been spoken for however, most the batteries will be available at the originally posted price plus shipping (£20-30 back to the UK). I will post a list in the for sale section in the coming weeks once I know exactly what I have available.

That's great new's newb 8) .....

Would of been even better if you where in the UK tho :p ......Will be keeping an look out :wink:

Need a little help with disk's, there seams to be two different 6 hole pcd's on disks.....

I had to purchese a disk adaptor to fit my Puma, I also purchesed a standard 160mm bike disk, But the holes for the disk do not match up to the adaptor :cry: I have removed my 140mm disk from my chinese bike (with the same adaptor fitted) and it fit's :? ..

I really would like to go to 160mm disk's but standard bike disk's don't seam to fit the adaptor, has anyone else experienced this or use disk adaptors with 160mm disk's, or explain why i can't find a 160mm disk with the adaptor's pcd ??....

btw, I think the disk adaptors are for pocket bikes.....Confussed ?

This is the adaptor i'm talking about

BrakeDisc_Adapter_Thick_15mm_S.jpg

Ok, Been on a mini moto (pocket bike) forum, It is there dream to run MTB disk's 160mm+ but they can't do it due to the adaptor's pcd is different to MTB, I'm guessing it was easier and cheaper to buy in a load of pocket bike disk adaptors then make up all new adaptors for MTB disk fitments in china for there E-bike manufacturing, Bummer Man!!! Look's like i'm stuck with 140mm disk's.... :cry:

Anyone want to buy a 160mm rear disk and calipar with mounting bracket ? Gutted!!! :roll:

Back