MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

Samd said:
Got another shipment of ten v2 into australia yesterday as well as one of the new 18fet sine controllers. Looking forward to testing that controller!
18FET Sino? From MXUS??? :shock:

Tell us more, Sam. :D

teslanv said:
e4bike.ru said:
The 2 of 4T we've opened all had 16 strands. We haven't got any of the 3T so can't count the strands now.
That is reassuring.
Let's hope Madin88's motor was a fluke...

it looks like first there was written 20x3 on the stator but than they have overwritten the 0 with a 1
i will contact mxus after holidays and order another 3T. I also need 2x 5T motors for another build (2WD rickshaw)..

I have no precise idea on the frame, but I have specific requirements as I live in a very small flat (because london is so expensive). So I can't take the bike home and it needs to be parked outside overnight.

Which means battery needs to be removable to charge it home and bike should be quite waterproof.

what seems more realistic are those compact, folding ebikes. Easy to transport and keeps it safe. of course this is apples and tomatoes, both fruits but sure very different.

MXUS vs Cromotor

Ok so does someone really compared this motor to the cromotor we know?

Max power before it saturate or melt?
Efficiency at peak power?
etc?

What atre the known differences?

MXUS =- 45mm vs Cromo = 50mm stator width, ok but what about the rest?

Doc

Hi guys,

I just bought a MXUS 4T and a Lyen ( infineon style ) 12 fet controller.

Does anyone know if the phase and hall sensors on the MXUS 3000 match with infineon style controller?

As I know they does not match with Infineon from Lyen but does match with Infineon from Cellman.

Lyen has a private webpage OR pdf file OR email message (cant remember which)..... on the colors used for phases.
Which you should have gotten when you purchased

teslanv said:
After Upgrading the Phase wires on my 3T, I am now getting Phase resistance of 0.059 Ohms. :twisted:

Is it at the end of the winding or including a given lenght of wire?

Doc

Doctorbass said:
teslanv said:
After Upgrading the Phase wires on my 3T, I am now getting Phase resistance of 0.059 Ohms. :twisted:

Doc
Measured at the end of my 8AWG Phase leads, which are about 16" (0.3 meters) long.

teslanv said:
Doctorbass said:
teslanv said:

Doc
Measured at the end of my 8AWG Phase leads, which are about 16" (0.3 meters) long.

8AWG.. :twisted: You rock !!

I still stick on 10 AWG but once they will have melted i'll change to 8AWG 8)

Doc

Technically the 8AWG only runs from the axle to the controller, as I installed 12AWG through the axle hole. It might be possible to get 10AWG through the Axle hole, but it would take some effort to be sure.

11AWG ptfe wire fit easy into the stock axle ;)

Tested the V2 3T on a Lyen 18X4110 at 90V today.

At 150 Phase amps the Lyen was causing the motor to studder at lower speeds. Rolling back the Phase amps to 100 made for a more enjoyable ride. Throttle was still a little twitchy at times.

I think I still have some tuning to do on the controller. I also think the very low resistance on this motor may be giving the controller a difficult time. - A 4T motor will probably be more friendly to your controller. - Although neither the controller or motor got very warm on my 10-mile test ride.

Any word yet when ebikes.ca will have the motors up on its motor simulator?
Out of the list, which one do you think is the closest match?

I am pretty stoked I bought the right 4T motor. Looks like the 3T might have some issues.

I think the 3T just needs the right controller. Evolutiongts is going to try it with a Sabvoton sino controller, I believe. I will be curious how it works with that.

Impressive results from ice cube, congratulations. Well done. Nothing like an honest straight forward newcomer as a supplier who gives the best straight out of the gate. On top of that you've been a great mentor and supporter of the hobby. Again, well played sir. You bring a breath of fresh air to the hobby.icecube IMNSHO is is one one the forums best. Making him happy spells success. I look forward to the day that I can be a customer.

BTW Walmart here now lists the bike at $129.00. Wow!

Getting the Programming dialed in on the 3T & Lyen 18X4110 controller. Acceleration and control are quite pleasant, now, but the controller/motor still produces speeds in excess of 45 MPH on full speed (100%) setting. Regen is set to "Moderate" and with the 21.5" tire diameter, it is perfect, IMO.

The key is keeping modest levels of current, both battery & phase. The Phase wire upgrade I did really had an impact on the punchiness of the Motor.

My Current Set-up:

MXUS 45mm 3000W V2 Motor (21X3T winding, ~12Kv)
21.5" Moped Tire
20S -10Ah LiPo. (4S-5Ah 20C Turnigy Hard Case Packs, 5S2P)

Here is How I currently have my Controller programmed:

XPD Profile - 3T, 21.5 Tire.PNG

i think with 50A you have limited top speed. would be interested to see what speed you get without running into this limit.

Back