MXUS 3000 or another ?

GreyXor

10 µW
I have a few questions about the MXUS 3000 hub motor :
- Are hub motors less efficient than mid motors? (at low speed) because I heard that it takes twice as much power in a hub motor to have the same thrust/torque.
- I'm a bit lost with the MXUS because I find MXUS 3000, MXUS 3K, MXUS 3000 V3 etc. I'm not sure what to get. I'm looking for a serious dealer where I'm sure to get the right one. I also found MXUS 5000 ?!
- QS or others don't make MXUS equivalent but better quality ? (more efficient etc. ?)
- 3, 4 or 5T ? As I want torque but also a vmax at 80km/h ~ knowing that I would take a big controller, I am in 29".
- Is a sabvoton 72150 is good ? I see that it's brake regen (I want that to save my actual brake). or maybe a fardriver nd72360 ?

With this keep in mind that i'll have a 72v 45Ah battery with 135A discharge capability
thanks everyone :)

Last edited:
You can play around with the simulator to find the right setup.
I think a MXUS with 3T winding would get you to 80kph with 72V.
The Fardriver has field weaken so you could potentially go even faster.

You can play around with the simulator to find the right setup.
I think a MXUS with 3T winding would get you to 80kph with 72V.
The Fardriver has field weaken so you could potentially go even faster.
Thank you
The Sabvoton don't have the Field Weaken ?
The Fardriver have the brake regen ?

What are you going to put it in what are you going to use that for how steep are the hills how much do you weigh. The Mxus 3000 3v3t is the fastest wine with the most copper fill high speed. 72 volts 80 or 90 amps is fine 135 amps is melting ability.
That is more like a qs 3000 territory but that's a lot heavier motor. QS is sold thru SIA. You can find them on endless beer in the new for sale thread. Nexus is a hard one to pin down because some give a price with free shipping and then charge for shipping some give you a price and a $250 shipping. When I look it was all over the place there on the Mxus . Plus there are many fakes out there of the Mxus 3000 or clones.

Order right from the mxus manufacturer in China, or do you want a middle man/flipper with motors already located on your continent for quicker shipping or not pay vat tax (euro) or is there still a shipping lag? I ordered small things from asia to NA, it came on time. I havent ordered big or heavy items such as motors since 4 yrs ago.

I get lost as well on those websites, "they" tend to inflate their appearence of what they have in stock to garner more sales. The same motor listed several times with different headlines. List one motor as 750w and list the same motor again as 250w for the euro market, and 500w, even 1000w. One motor, all the exact same motor = 4 listings.

From years and years ago I thought there were steel stator (v1) to alum stator (v2) then a version of curved magnets (perhaps called v3, I forget now.) then they'd change little things here and there, bigger phases, double the halls wires, or even bigger axle holes to stuff bigger phases in.... or whatever the sellers dream up.

Remember the 5k motor needs larger dropouts.

Official MXUS website, has your 3k and your 5k. I think the stated 3000 and 3k is the same, less ink on the hub means more profit... who knows. My english is fairly good.

Changzhou Mxus Imp.&Exp. Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
Back