My concern about ebike battery fires1

Hi,

Reading the past 10 years of the members that have had a house fire charging their ebike batteries and the numerous reports of deaths due fire and smoke I have come up with a simple cheap idea,

My 19 year old dog passed last year, He was a male that liked to piss on everthing outside,
He lived indoors but did hang out in the dog house to try to catch birds and grasshoppers. Rip

My new pup is a female and she wants nothing to do with doghouse.

I purchased 2 150 watt Solar panels from amazon and Hooked them in series to get between 42 and 45 volts. I bought a mpp boost controller for $30.00 from AliExpress and I am now charging all my dozen ebike batteries in the dog house.

I centered the dog house between my bike workshop and house.
The distant between both buildings is 30 feet on each side.
The doghouse is waterproof and I can also charge my solar bank.

I will leave photos to see what you think.

The panels are 150 watt .

Regards

Cryingmadman

“Ideas are easy execution is a bitch”

Marie Antoinette

Attachments

• IMG_1326.jpeg
    IMG_1326.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1330.jpeg
    IMG_1330.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1329.jpeg
    IMG_1329.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Nice shed. 👍

I’m just starting with solar in my backyard. It would be easy to add an AC outlet by the patio, but I want to see how far I can go without it. Right now I only have one panel, a controller, and a small lifep04 battery. I run the pond pump, and run/charge my usb devices. I’m ready to expand, so your charging idea gives me a good reason/excuse to sink a few more bucks into my solar farm lol.

Last edited:
RIP pupper, but i like it.

Hopefully someday we don't have to worry about our ebike batteries like this.

A good solution there. Some people burn their house down doing DIY solar. And, regardless, you can't put solar on your house without going through a sh*t load of NEC code. Burn the doghouse down, not so bad.

Back