Nanjing far driver controllers

Ripcorn said:
.... When connecting it asks for a phone number and whatever number I put in, it will always returns an error message with "please enter phone number". Does someone know how to fix this?

@Ripcorn:
Meanwhile I found an half Chinese, half English *.pdf (pages 15 - 17), where you can find some infos about the "registration of the controller".
It seems that you need to register the controller with the number of your phone and a password that you can choose. So controller & app are going to be paired.
If you don't have these parameters, you can reset the password and registration somehow by entering the serial number of the controller (instead of the phone #).

Btw. It might be that the Fardriver controller inside my E-Odin 2.0 behaves different, concerning the registration process, because it's a custom controller. I guess that's why I didn't need to enter any registration data (or: I did it once and didn't care about it since).

Attachments

• 2021083051492073.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 397
jeff-jordan said:
@Ripcorn:
Meanwhile I found an half Chinese, half English *.pdf (pages 15 - 17), where you can find some infos about the "registration of the controller".
It seems that you need to register the controller with the number of your phone and a password that you can choose. So controller & app are going to be paired.
If you don't have these parameters, you can reset the password and registration somehow by entering the serial number of the controller (instead of the phone #).

Btw. It might be that the Fardriver controller inside my E-Odin 2.0 behaves different, concerning the registration process, because it's a custom controller. I guess that's why I didn't need to enter any registration data (or: I did it once and didn't care about it since).

Yeah I used this to get to the registration steps but the software just couldn't accept any phone number to send a verification code. This weekend I will try again with the newer vesion you sent me. I hope this will allow we to run the hall test an change some parameters, thats all I need.

There's still an open (maybe overseen) question:

:?: How does the Fardriver Controller behaves when the battery voltage reaches the LowVoltageProtect level?

Today I powered my ND96850, but the software says it is a ND72850 with a different serial number.
Any hints, what am I doing wrong?
I need the 96V later as i plan to add more cells to my 21S battery.

Software
Screenshot_20220318-110618.jpg

Controller
20220318_110635.jpg

The Controller came without any markings for the plugs and in a very poor cardboard package and had a few ditches on the aluminium plate. There are no screws in the package nor any information where to get the complete english app or manual.
I have downloaded a manual from Siacosys and fit a newer app from a member.

Not much service for the paid money.

Hello Dominik,
the serial number at the sticker of my FarDriver controller doesn't match with the one that the software shows up either, but I blamed it on the fact that my E-Odin is fitted with a custom FarDriver model.

What is the OverVoltageProtect level, stored at your controller?
And: where did you order your ND96850?

As you might know: from the technical point the differences between the 72V and the 96V version are only in the voltage rating of the used components (like capacitors, mosfet-transistors and free-wheeling diodes).

Btw.: did you encounter any connection/pairing problems with your app and the controller (like Ripcorn did)?

I had no connection problems.
Only the bluetooth connection took about 15min, but this was the same when I connected to the sabvoton for the first time.

Overvolt protect says 90,7V
For the moment this will work, I can only upgrade my exidting battery to 22S as I have not more cells available, and I can't buy more of them.

My next build will be 24-28S and therefore I ordered the controller with higher voltage rating.

I ordered from Siacosys.

dominik h said:
Overvolt protect says 90,7V
Same here at my E-Odin FarDriver (72V rated).

dominik h said:
For the moment this will work, I can only upgrade my exidting battery to 22S as I have not more cells available, and I can't buy more of them.
I guess with 22S, a 72V model will do the job without any problems (max. voltage will be 92.4V then), because the component rating should be 100V at least anyway (e.g. 200V for the free wheeling diodes).

But for 28S you need at least a real ND96850.

Did you ask the SiAECOSYS guys about the issue (72 vs. 96 volt model)?

Asked Siacosys, but no answer yet.

That is the reason why I test my things before I disassemble my good running scooter.

I will start my controller exchange only when I'm shure everything will work when I have finished the job.

Fair enough.
Maybe it's just an issue of the app, to identify the correct controller.
Did you check it via serial cable, PC/laptop and motorc.exe as well?

MotorcEnglish38_Parameter2.jpg

By the way: anyone here who got a later version than MotorcEnglish38 ?
I've seen some guys using MotorcEnglish45 at youtube, but I can't find this (hopefully more recent) version.
If you got it, please send me a pn.

There was no serial cable delivered with the controller.
Is this a special cable or something I could build myself.

dominik h said:
There was no serial cable delivered with the controller.
Is this a special cable or something I could build myself.
I think you can use an ordinary TTL-USB converter, like I described it here for the E-Odin.

Just for all the others as well, here's how to connect the FarDriver controller through an TTL-USB converter to your PC/laptop/notebook:

FarDriver_serial.jpg

Just 3 cables (don't connect the red +5V cable, that's only for the power supply of the BT adapter), and make sure to set the TTL-USB converter at 3.3V because the logic level is only 3.3V (not 5V !).

The connector is just an ordinary female 2.8mm / 4 pin connector, as commonly used at vehicles.

Thanks, just ordered the USB TTL Adapter.

Hi guys,
today I installed a smartphone holder and fired up the MotorNet app during a ride.
But I encountered that the app never showed up with "Weak" (insted of MTPA) at the GRAPH screen.
I assume that if the app shows up "Weak" (as you can see in serveral youtube videos, like this one (@ 03:02)), I'm in weak field mode (to expand the motor speed beyond it's fixed speed).
Is this assumption correct?

MTPA only.jpg
:cry:

Then I checked the PID parameters at the PARAS screen.
WeakResponse was set to 0 and Weak Character to 0-Fast.
PID parameters.jpg

:?:
How do I setup the parameters correctly, to enable field weakening?
Is there another parameter, or switch that I have to enable?

Another (simpler) question:
What does MOE protection mean, and is it safe to turn it on?

I only found a comment of a fardriver sales director, in response to another topic:
There is a low voltage setting in the controller and the safety net of the MOE overcurrent fault which ceases controller processing instantly if an overcurrent moment arises. It's there to protect both battery and motor.

But I'm still not 100% sure whether I should enable it or not. It was disabled at my E-Odin as default.

______

At the above linked video, the author seems to explain how to set up the parameters to reach max. speed.... but it's all in indonese, so I've no chance to follow his explanations....
Anyone here, able to help with a translation?

This is what I found , looks like chinglish translation >>> But very important is the last sentence.

15MOE peak line current To protect the
15You can see in the statistics that the MOE
count, it appears once, it accumulates oneTimes.(reduces
the phase current for 84V or above of the controller in the
otherThe MOE protection can be turned off when the
parameters are well debugged.

Note that inCurrent limiting parameters have not been the highest speed limit can not
beShut off, once the motor overspeed weak magnetic too deep
without protection will burn control)

I blew up two sabvotons while playing with weakening field, not during driving , but on the main stand. Both where running fine befor for a few hundred kilometers.

My scooter consumes at 100km/h about 7kW, without weakening field.
With weakening field I reached with the same battery voltage 108km/h , consumption was 10,5KW.
This is more heat the motor and the controller have to deal with.
For short periods it will be ok, but not for longer runs.

So it would be a good idea to turn MOE on, before messing around with the speed parameters at the different RPMs ?

How can we find out the "continuous" power rating on the fardriver controllers, specifically the 961800 model?

I think the battery and phase power numbers on their chart are "maximum"

Thx

Perhaps it is the same as with my sabvoton SVMC72150. As long as it does not get to hot the values are continous. I can drive my Sabvoton uphill for 20 Minutes with max DC-current , after 8-10minutes my installed fan kicks in to cool the controller. My controller is also mounted on a big aluminium plate to get the heat away.

But I am not able to test the fardriver values.
My motor is not strong enough to max out the ND96850 I have, not even for a minute.
I just want to get more starting tourque.
I will Limit DC-current between 200-250A and if my motor can take it, I want all the phase current the fardriver can give.

dominik h said:
Perhaps it is the same as with my sabvoton SVMC72150. As long as it does not get to hot the values are continous. I can drive my Sabvoton uphill for 20 Minutes with max DC-current , after 8-10minutes my installed fan kicks in to cool the controller. My controller is also mounted in a big aluminium plate to get the heat away.

But I am not able to test the fardriver values.
My motor is not strong enough to max out the ND96850 I have, not even for a minute.
I just want to get more starting tourque.
I will Limit DC-current between 200-250A and if my motor can take it, I want all the phase current the fardriver can give.

Hi
Oh did you upgrade to the fardriver from the sabvoton?
I love my sabvoton but was thinking on a high powered fardriver
Is your sabvoton unlocked or do you mean you are getting the full 150 battery amps?
thanks

No, the fardriver is not yet installed. At first I have to make a firmware update and check if it works at 115V. Saecosys says it is a firmware issue, that it tells me it is a ND72850 with 90,7V Max.

My sabvoton is not unlocked, the unlock software does not work. But it makes 165A continous DC-current, as long as I want or the motor dies. I already reached 180C phase wire temperature.
The SVMC makes a little more than advertised. Phase current is spot on 350A. The one before did exactly 150A. The SVMC72260 , installed before the two 72150, only made 235A.

Yes, I got the new firmware thursday from Siacosys.

I am not shure what happens when I crank up the voltage after flashing a new upper voltage limit.

But I'm shure what they will write when it blows up.
"Send it back at your costs and than our technicans will have a look if it was your ot our fault".
Been there done that...

dominik h said:
No, the fardriver is not yet installed. At first I have to make a firmware update and check if it works at 115V. Saecosys says it is a firmware issue, that it tells me it is a ND72850 with 90,7V Max.

My sabvoton is not unlocked, the unlock software does not work. But it makes 165A continous DC-current, as long as I want or the motor dies. I already reached 180C phase wire temperature.
The SVMC makes a little more than advertised. Phase current is spot on 350A. The one before did exactly 150A. The SVMC72260 , installed before the two 72150, only made 235A.

Thats pretty hot phase wires haha
How can a person measure/monitor the phase amps?
My bike display can show the battery current in amps thx

dominik h said:

I wish the fardriver could handle 3 more volts..specs say 115V max. but 28S pack is a little over thqt @ 117.6V
27S is a weird number of cells

Back