Nanjing far driver controllers

Just like my firmware update.
I got sent a video with all the steps how to do it and it just doesn't work for me.
I think there are different software versions out there which are not working with all the controllers.

Same as with the votol controllers. Some are happy with them, others never get them running.

I hope fardriver or QS/Siaecosys can solve this issue.

Scottydog said:
dominik h said:
You first have to connect the Bluetooth adapter with the phone. The adapter should be Yuan...
The adapter is only powered when the orange wire (Key switch) is powered. The adapter lights a LED when it is powered.
Then you have to open the app and press comm Then scan . If the adapter is recognized, then press connect. If the adapter is not found unplug the Bluetooth adapter and reconnect it.

I have done those steps.

orange key wire powered on
controller beeping
Bluetooth dongle is flashing red
paired phone Bluetooth with with Yuan...
opened app and pressed comm page then scan.

Then the red searching circle just spins away for a minute or so then stops. Unplugged adaptor and tried again. :?

If possible just try with another phone.
My redmi note 8 pro also can't connect no matter what I do while my dad's phone connects in seconds just like in the videos.
Don't know if some Bluetooth settings are wrong but that the workaround for me.
Good luck!

Lol someone online is offering support for these controllers on Facebook.

He calls himself " FARDRIVER" and says he represents fthe company.

He was charging 30$ for an email and 50$ for a phone call...: but, this morning he got pissed off ( at technical inquiries) and changed that to 300$ for email support and 500$ for a telephone call support.

Lol. GTFOH.

DogDipstick said:

He was charging 30$ for an email and 50$ for a phone call...: but, this morning he got pissed off ( at technical inquiries) and changed that to 300$ for email support and 500$ for a telephone call support.

Lol. GTFOH.

He’s acting like a dickhead, too. I suspect he works for a competitor, ‘cause he’s making Fardriver look pretty bad.

OMG Update!

Seriously this controller has been really pissing me off with the impossibility to make communicate. My brother got back from away who used to work in IT so he guided me though the installation of the USB serial driver install. Then told me what to look for when connecting. I went this morning and connected up, V45 software no luck, then the Chinese version no luck, then V21 no luck. Was planning to give up but then went back to V45 and WTF things started to happen!! :shock:

I managed to turn off the low volt alarm and temp alarm and it is now at the 2 short one long beep ready to turn throttle for auto learning. I did that and then got short beeps with encoder alarm showing on screen. HALLE in red shows. Question is do I change another setting? I'm thinking it's got a setting not for hall sensors but something else and I need to select hall sensors as the option? I can't tell from options what that would be but will search youtube also.

20220416_122900.jpg

KiefRichards said:
DogDipstick said:

Lol. GTFOH.

He’s acting like a dickhead, too. I suspect he works for a competitor, ‘cause he’s making Fardriver look pretty bad.
Well, if you like Fardriver better than him, you could send a note to the actual Fardriver company about him so they can have a chat. ;)

amberwolf said:
Well, if you like Fardriver better than him, you could send a note to the actual Fardriver company about him so they can have a chat. ;)

I would love to. I have been recommended these controllers by a few that I have built batteries for ( the hot new thing). I have been following this thread fora a while closely. However, ....

Good news! This morning I got motor spinning! I swapped over to the new motor, but then was nada! I then noticed looking at the voltage levels on the screen there was little change when turnng the throttle. I rechecked my wiring diagram compared to what I actually did and then realised I had two wires swapped over. :oops:

So put them correctly and bingo the motor spun up for the setup it does. After that I started playing with different parameters to see what they do. What I do notice on the stand is it coasts off throttle for a bit, I've seen some talk about this on Facebook etc. I will need to resolve that as would want it so power dies completely when the throttle is released.

Will also need to work out regen etc.

So the question is did the older motor have a hall fault or was it just my throttle wiring mix up to blame and showing as a hall fault?

”Hall error” in votol controller program is actually hall throttle error so this could very well have been the issue, at least if it was a votol.

Ahh.. how hard it apparently is to make an easily understandable programming interface :wink:

larsb said:
Ahh.. how hard it apparently is to make an easily understandable programming interface :wink:

Well, the programmer knows that theyr'e all halls, and that a throttle problem will show a voltage problem on the throttle voltage display, and a motor hall problem will show some other problem on some other display. So you should automatically know that, too. ;) There's no reason for them to give a separate easily understandable error message for each, right? :roll:

I rarely see good UI design by programmers--sometimes they make something they think is "clever" or "cool"...but is not really as usable as it could be (if it's usable at all). Users often "know" a lot more about how the UI should work than the people that make the UI or device or program, but they don't typically get a say in design work--by the time they even get to see it, much less use it, the programmers have decided how it's going to look and work, and that's that, because that's how they want it to be and to hell with the users. They're just users, after all. :( :roll:

larsb said:
”Hall error” in votol controller program is actually hall throttle error so this could very well have been the issue, at least if it was a votol.

Agree, I found the Kelly software easier to understand, but guess just a case of spending time on it. Strange thing is the "HALL E" fault didn't show with the new motor fitted when I opened up the throttle. It was that that then had me looking at small text display with live data to see what the voltage levels of the throttle were. Maybe I'll swap the old motor back on only because if it works and is fine for my daily rider bike then happy to keep using it.

Some progress from my ND96850

With Android phone or Tablet I´m not able to flash the firmware. I tried two different phones and a tablet with android 6 , 9, and 11 , the software always says "unable to locate the file".

Yesterday i tried with an iphone.

This app has a file browser and I can select the files I want to use.
And i can flash the controller. But afterwards there is no "save" button, as described in the video I got, and I have in the Android app. Now there is a "copy" button which creates a file on the phone
01.png

Flash works
02.jpg.png

After flashing I have now two permanent errors 1 Motor Hall Error and 17 Phase lost
This errors are permanent and where not there before flashing
04.png

The controller still says it is a ND72850 with 90,7V max, and I can not raise the value
So no real progress.
03.png

Update:

Learned something yesterday which none of the app PDF instructions mention nor did the seller of the controller to me mention.

The GPS and phone location MUST be turned ON for the app to connect!

WTF!

Seriously, how hard would it have been to have this in bold red writing on the instructions! I have been struggling with this for a few weeks and it only became apparent when I borrowed an I phone and an alert came up in the software to turn on the GPS. My android gave no such alert so left me floundering! :evil:

Next deal, the options in the pc software are limited, don't even bother! There was no wonder why it was impossible to have the controller do certain functions.

Scottydog said:
The GPS and phone location MUST be turned ON ....

I was told this by the seller after 3 weeks writing mails.

dominik h said:
I was told this by the seller after 3 weeks writing mails.

You are saying for 3 weeks you also struggled? :(

I was seriously at the point of telling the sender to take the controller back and return my money! :evil:

One month is over and I did not make a real progress with my controller exchange. But my scooter is still running with the sabvoton Controller.

The expensive ND96850 tells me still that it is a cheaper ND72850 and I hate paying money for things that are not doing what was claimed.
I wanted the higher voltage for security reasons as I have killed already two 72V Sabvotons while playing with Flux-Weakening.

Today I was told to use the "save" button in the menu "Paras" After uploading the new firmware.
Can anyone tell me what this should mean?
20220422_142121.jpg

And if I enter the serial number of the controller, nothing changes.

Sorry, but those apps are neither fully translated nor fully functional.

Was that using an I phone? I have same issue. Did you try inputting the controller serial number after the first 4 digits and dash?

Yes with the i phone after uploading the new firmware. I entered the full number written on the controller.
To bad can't test it without the first chapters this weekend, the i phone is not mine.

dominik h said:
Today I was told to use the "save" button in the menu "Paras" After uploading the new firmware.
Can anyone tell me what this should mean?

I think this simply means that you've got a new serial number now, and that the one at the sticker doesn't help you anymore (for example when you need it to unlock the bluetooth connection with the motornet app).

Scottydog said:
Update:

Learned something yesterday which none of the app PDF instructions mention nor did the seller of the controller to me mention.

WTF!

Seriously, how hard would it have been to have this in bold red writing on the instructions! I have been struggling with this for a few weeks and it only became apparent when I borrowed an I phone and an alert came up in the software to turn on the GPS. My android gave no such alert so left me floundering! :evil:

Next deal, the options in the pc software are limited, don't even bother! There was no wonder why it was impossible to have the controller do certain functions.

Hi
Usually the PC program has more settings etc than the app on the controllers Ive had. Is it true that its the opposite case with fardriver?

ebike11 said:
WTF!

FWIW, I have a couple of BT-capable LED bulbs for the house that require these to be turned on in the phone or tablet controlling them, *and* it must *also* have local-network Wifi connectivity (not just internet thru the phone itself) *and* a path to the internet, or the app will not even start.

There is ZERO reason for the app to need ANY of these things. Yet, it does.

I blocked the app-running-device's IP/MAC address in the router firewall first, just to see if it actually needed internet access, and it does--if it can't connect to it's remote server, it won't work, period.

So those bulbs are just on/off bulbs controlled only at the lightswitch, for me. (this is probably why they were at goodwill, along with a bunch of other similar types, some of which require specific brands of "home base" units).

ebike11 said:
Hi
Usually the PC program has more settings etc than the app on the controllers Ive had. Is it true that its the opposite case with fardriver?

Looked opposite to me unless there is some secret unlock features page on the PC program I can't spot.

Back