Nanjing far driver controllers

Temperature sensor and a multimeter will do the job. Measured outside of the motor. Inside temps could vary a little, but you can estimate what happens if you push more/longer.
Picture was taken after the controller stopped driving with an overcurrent error, which I was not able to reset. Controller temperature direct after the stop was 55C, this was the first thing I looked for. I had to reset the controller to factory settings and enter the parameters new, teaching in the motor was a really bad job with dismounted main stand and in the roadside .
20220327_102020.jpg

dominik h said:
Temperature sensor and a multimeter will do the job. Measured outside of the motor. Inside temps could vary a little, but you can estimate what happens if you push more/longer.
Picture was taken after the controller stopped driving with an overcurrent error, which I was not able to reset. Controller temperature direct after the stop was 55C, this was the first thing I looked for. I had to reset the controller to factory settings and enter the parameters new, teaching in the motor was a really bad job with dismounted main stand and in the roadside .
Screenshot_20220219-151036.jpg

Was the temp. sensor on 1 of the phase wires on the outside or is this inside motor temp sensor?

Between the three phase wires, outside of the motor.
I have not yet installed a sensor in the motor, my plan is to ad a few NTCs inside.

dominik h said:
Between the three phase wires, outside of the motor.
I have not yet installed a sensor in the motor, my plan is to ad a few NTCs inside.

Are you using a QS motor? They usually have a temp wire coming from the inside

10 Year old QS 60V5000W without temp sensor.
My 8kw Masini Motor , about the same age, has also no temp sensor.

dominik h said:
10 Year old QS 60V5000W without temp sensor.
My 8kw Masini Motor , about the same age, has also no temp sensor.

What do you think the max volts will be after the software update?

Can't load the update file into the software.
Either I'm to dump or there is no posibility to ad files to the list. And if I try to open the hex-file with the motornet App, the app closes and reopens and the file will not appear.
Anyone know how to do this?

Now I managed to get the file link in the software, but an update is still not possible.
After klicking on the button flash, the software is not able to locate the file and does not flash.
Screenshot_20220327-210246.jpg

dominik h said:
Now I managed to get the file link in the software, but an update is still not possible.

I guess a link won't do the job. You probably need to store the file physically at your phone.

The file is stored in the phone. I tried it with the internal phone memory and on the SD-Card.

Just got the Fardriver ND72530, QS motor 4kw and twist throttle handle bundle.
controller seem to work fine but its running in reverse. hope the software got a function for this. will try it out soon.

wring is simple with the bundle and my 72v20ah (20s) battery but would like to mention you need to connect the 'key lock' wire to the + before it could work. just found out and now im stoked :D

The Key Lock wire has to be wired to positive otherwise the controller does nothing.

Hi all, just purchased one of these FAR Drivers. Does anyone have a wiring diagram besides the one in the FAR Driver docs?

What I am confused about his the low brake and high brake. It's not clear but I'm thinking one would be used with the brake levers and the other wired into the switch found as a pair on throttles like Domino or similar?

cheers for any thoughts.

Unless you like your vehicle to brake everytime you let the throttle go, you probably don't want to wire *any* brake to the swtich on the throttle. ;)

Typically the "high" brake inputs on controllers are meant to be powered by a 12v+ signal to activate them, like wiring them to the brake light on a scooter or MC.

Typically the "low" brake inputs are meant to be grounded to activate, like a typical ebrake switch.

Normally you only use one of them, but there isn't really anything preventing usage of both, for different brake input methods.

Hey thanks Amberwolf. Yeah I have it on a road bike with brake lights etc. I found I prefer to have off throttle to have a degree of drag so when riding in city traffic can have a very soft braking, rather than just having the stronger regen only on the brake levers. Coasting is possible also by just holding the throttle almost off.

Interesting though as could also have one activated off the front brake lever and the other for the rear with 2 stages of braking perhaps?

This is how I am wiring roughly planning to wire it up, I have to confirm the throttle and speed switch wiring still.

wire.png

Scottydog said:
Hey thanks Amberwolf. Yeah I have it on a road bike with brake lights etc. I found I prefer to have off throttle to have a degree of drag so when riding in city traffic can have a very soft braking, rather than just having the stronger regen only on the brake levers. Coasting is possible also by just holding the throttle almost off.

Interesting though as could also have one activated off the front brake lever and the other for the rear with 2 stages of braking perhaps?

FarDriver actually has a setting that activates regen at throttle-zero. That setting doesn't work well in the PC app right now (at least this was the case a month ago), so use the phone one for that.

Hi Neowizard, thanks for that info. That is the way my old Kelly was setup, I was happy enough having it that way. Hope to put the controller live this evening and start the setup.

If there are any experts her with these controllers be grateful for some advice. I have the 96V controller hooked up, currently beeping with 5 beeps which is according to docs voltage issue. I expected this as I have a 72V pack, but was advised I can do this so if I increase voltage in future controller is compatible.

In any case I can't seem to get controller to communicate with my phone via bluetooth or laptop via usb cable. If someone has an idiot proof step by step process would be great. The software isn't so clear how to make communication. Not sure if when key switch is turned on does software connect or do I need to activate communication on software by selecting specific operation.

It's been suggested to install RS232 USB UART drivers to my laptop, will do this and see if this improves things. :?:

Scottydog said:
If there are any experts her with these controllers be grateful for some advice. I have the 96V controller hooked up, currently beeping with 5 beeps which is according to docs voltage issue. I expected this as I have a 72V pack, but was advised I can do this so if I increase voltage in future controller is compatible.

In any case I can't seem to get controller to communicate with my phone via bluetooth or laptop via usb cable. If someone has an idiot proof step by step process would be great. The software isn't so clear how to make communication. Not sure if when key switch is turned on does software connect or do I need to activate communication on software by selecting specific operation.

You probably need to connect with phone or pc first to set parameters. For the Bluetooth dongle you should check you have the latest app software. The one SiAECOSYS sent me was old (version137). But @jeff-jordan had the correct one. It worked for me (version 154).

Ripcorn said:
You probably need to connect with phone or pc first to set parameters. For the Bluetooth dongle you should check you have the latest app software. The one SiAECOSYS sent me was old (version137). But @jeff-jordan had the correct one. It worked for me (version 154).

I just can't get the controller to connect with my phone or laptop which is very frustrating. I have installed version 154, but interestingly a guy on youtube said I need version 156 and then it will work. I have no idea where to find version 156!

You first have to connect the Bluetooth adapter with the phone. The adapter should be Yuan...
The adapter is only powered when the orange wire (Key switch) is powered. The adapter lights a LED when it is powered.
Then you have to open the app and press comm Then scan . If the adapter is recognized, then press connect. If the adapter is not found unplug the Bluetooth adapter and reconnect it.

dominik h said:
You first have to connect the Bluetooth adapter with the phone. The adapter should be Yuan...
The adapter is only powered when the orange wire (Key switch) is powered. The adapter lights a LED when it is powered.
Then you have to open the app and press comm Then scan . If the adapter is recognized, then press connect. If the adapter is not found unplug the Bluetooth adapter and reconnect it.

I have done those steps.

orange key wire powered on
controller beeping
Bluetooth dongle is flashing red
paired phone Bluetooth with with Yuan...
opened app and pressed comm page then scan.

Then the red searching circle just spins away for a minute or so then stops. Unplugged adaptor and tried again. :?

Back