Need a bag for Ping

Ham549

10 W
I have a lash out that I am running off a ping, I was using a bag kind of like this
bush-trunk-bag.jpg
that mounted on top of the rack. Well a few days ago I hit a bump and turned my head only to see my battery bag rolling on the ground. The straps had riped right out of the bag leaving four holes on the corners. My battery is a 48v 20AH Ping and weighs around 25lbs does anyone know a bag that can safely hold this battery?

Well you might not want to trust most kinds of cloth/cordura type tie downs to hold any weight. You can get a piece of ABS and use a heat gun on it to make it fit around your bats. Then you can screw it down to something. That way it won't fall off again. Yes, my first bike had the same thing happen so I made some better brackets and used some good sized zip ties now metal hooks to limit movement. You don't get as far when you leave the pack behind. Not the exact pic I was looking for but this gives you and idea, of what I am talking about, anyway.

48vpairsm.jpg

Pings aren't very tough, so I'd duct tape a rigid protective shell to the exterior. Think plywood, fiberglass or plastic would work. Or build it a rigid prettier than duct tape box for the pack. My Ping took a hit on the corner and I lost that and it's sister cells in parallel.

In 2009 i ad ordered from ping 7 ping 48V 15Ah and i asked to have them surrounded with FR4 ( fiberglass pcb) all around before to install heat shrink.

This help alot! they are very resistantant and rigid

That really should be included in the OEM battery.

Doc

Doctorbass said:
In 2009 i ad ordered from ping 7 ping 48V 15Ah and i asked to have them surrounded with FR4 ( fiberglass pcb) all around before to install heat shrink.

This help alot! they are very resistantant and rigid

That really should be included in the OEM battery.

Doc

There is a thin "resin board" in them now. Not sure if that is what you meant. Thin but rigid, black on one side yellow on the other and it does seem to add some rigidity.

J

You should consider a plastic bike basket with padding. Definately pad the ping battery.

48v 20 is a pretty big package. Find, or have made a metal or fiberglass box for it. No bag, or bungee can be trusted with that much weight. You need something bolted on to contain it.

I have a 48v 15Ah.

I use a nice pelican case, with a little hole for the wire. The battery is fixed via bolt that I screw unscrew to mount unmount... also there is some foam on all side to help lessen vibration and cushion fall (if that happens)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26835&p=463626&hilit=comfy+commuter#p463626

Back