Need Help with CA setup MAC 10T

javi

10 mW
Hi,

After a delay, I am working on getting my ebike set up and could use some help. I ordered a Mac 10T upgrade kit from EM3ev with 9FET controller (IRFB3077) and Cycle Analyst V3 along with the 48v 24.8AH High Energy INR18650-29E Battery. I am running this system on 700cc touring bike. It cost a lot, so I would like to set things up to make it last...so a few question:

- What should be my low-voltage cut-off value in CAV3? Paul has 30V programmed into CA, but that seems way too low. Can anyone tell me what this number should be? I want the battery to last as long as possible. He has also programmed 800 into low voltage feedback gain - I am not sure how this works - does that seem right?

- What should I program into CA for Max and Threshold Temperature for the 10T motor?

- What about "Power limit" for motor. Paul has programmed in 1500. If I want this to last, should I lower this number or will this work fine?

- I don't care about being fast from stop, but I would rather have motor last as long as possible. What should I set my ramp up, ramp down, fast ramp up numbers at?

Thanks for all help!

Amberwolf,

I appreciate the reply, but I understand what these are asking for, for the most part. I have searched and searched and just can't seem to find the information, so I was hoping someone who knew more about the 10T or the EM3ev batteries would be able to help. I can't find any of this basic info on EM3ev's site...

LVC (@CAv3 side) should be set to 42V. This should create a dual proof setup via your battery's BMS & CAv3.

Take this subject further by setting 3 (which is the max # of settings) power settings. For instance, "low" "medium" & "high". Set the limits to each respectively, say 300w 750w 2000w. It gives you some power settings so your throttle hand doesn't have to work so hard. In certain riding situations (i.e. dense pedestrian traffic) you don't want the potential of 2000w at your fingertips (picture the flyby scene in the movie "Top Gun"). :p

I'd suggest downloading the CAv3 manual from Tekelectic's thread or directly from Ebikes.ca (aka Grin Cyclery). There are other fancy settings you can use (throttle mapping, current limiting, speed limiting, etc.).

Back