New Bafang Crank-Drives

So, basically, in order to be reliable, the 6 fet version must be limited to 22 amp?

I'd likely NOT be anything over 22 amp very often--I am not a WOT kind of guy. But, this is for a cargo bike (big dummy), which I may have loaded down with camping gear and be hauling my son around behind me in a trailer. The gross weight could get up to 400lbs or so. Again, this is rarely, perhaps 2-3 times a year during short camping/bikepacking trips. There are hills here in Maryland/Virginia, Pennsylvania, but nothing like out West.

If I end up burning out the 6 fet controller running it too hard, is it easy enough to put in a new controller? (say, one of the new 9 fet ones if they ever come out)??

Could someone write down the max amps for 750W BBS02 for all 9 PAS levels together with max amps for the full throttle on these levels.
For the factory configuration, please.

Attachments

• Bike_Full_off.jpg
    Bike_Full_off.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 4,671
  • Bike_Full_on.jpg
    Bike_Full_on.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 4,671
  • Batt2.jpg
    Batt2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 4,671
Kepler said:
Posted up a separate thread on my latest BBS02 ride but thought I would place a picture here in the main thread.

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60375

Running 15S on this setup.

Dude,
t
That's my Bike... I mean I think, or same model at least I have a 2013 Specialized Camber fairly low end model, which I am about to do a full Bafang 500w BBS02 setup on (as I write this I've been laying the parts out and am looking at the free space planning to start with a pair of 6S 8000 mah Turnigy Nano Packs I happen to have around here in normal US downspout PVC enclosure with loose padding mounted to the bottle bosses.

This is my first DH build or bike for that matter and other than my dislike of Red and it's red accent tones, I've put about 20 miles on it in the last week as just a bike so I can't wait for the next interation... 9.1 lb of motor (confirmed) and if memory serves 5.8 lbs of 8AH 12S (hopefully sufficient) - I have a pair of 3S 8000 mah turnigy nano if I have to step up to 18S but on the 29er I'm not too concerned.. 9mph in 1st and 35 in 9th is fine for me for now.

I do have a 38t replacement gear for the rear cassette for a slightly shorter Bail Out gear - not a replacement as much as a 6061 spider which will also allow me to correct chainline should that become needed.

Just to be safe I have a 750w controller (48v) which I will employ if needed on the 29er but I also have a 20" with the dreaded error code 30 so unless I finish my Fake LCD brain (atmega project) sooner rather than later I will need a new controller to go along with my new display....

Poorly designed main wiring harness on my version, this should not be possible to short the TX/RX in such a simple way.

Well Regards and Beautiful Bike!

-Mike

I am not mounting my new (replacement motor) the old one was a 750w with a 20a controller and the new one is a 500w with an 18a controller. Both controllers were not modified for added power. The 750w has a 48t ring while the 500w has a 46t ring. I still have the complete 750w kit so if I wanted to I could swap the 46t ring for the larger 46t ring and gain a little higher speed. My hub is a 14t x 28t. I don't do much hill climbing nor do I do a lot of street riding requiring high speed.

Bottom line for those with the 500w 18a kits do you even find yourself looking for a little more top speed? Or am I better off having the added climbing power?

Bob

samsavvas said:
t3sla said:
Bafang introduced me to a Czech company during Shanghai cycle and we had a long talk about the excellent product they developed.
http://gearsensor.com/
It both well engineering and design
-IP water rating
-MCU for delay settings
-Plug n play

Only thing it needs is a better mold for mounting to OEM frames, but for now zip-ties work.

Anyway I was going to do some sales for this, but no need for me to add margin and time when you can just go directly to the source :wink:
info@gearsensor.com

These were discussed a few dozen pages back in the thread. I followed them up somewhere and recall being a bit dismayed at what seemed an inordinately high price. Have you investgated where you might buy the sensors from? Apart from cosmetics, how do you think they might differ from the basic brake cable sensors that several Chinese venfors sell?

Savvas.

Has anyone played with them yet. I'm thinking about installing the derailleur version soon. There will be 3 in the hands of USA BBS01-2 users soon.

Got a few emails from Amy, last stating she has secured a controller but unsure on connectors fitting. Has anything changed? This sucks if you needed this for transportation. Hopefully I will have something in the air soon, but not looking promising. Vendor is interested in selling numbers, but number one does not work. Loosing patience with this low reliability stuff..

speedmd said:
Got a few emails from Amy, last stating she has secured a controller but unsure on connectors fitting. Has anything changed? This sucks if you needed this for transportation. Hopefully I will have something in the air soon, but not looking promising. Vendor is interested in selling numbers, but number one does not work. Loosing patience with this low reliability stuff..

I've just waited 27 days for them to ship mine... only to have the order cancelled, and they never responded to my earlier questions regarding a shipping date.

I'll not be using "General Electronics Battery Co., Ltd." again

Excellent and reliable vendors are backed up right now, from what I can gather.

CdnE90 said:
I had a great experience with TNA Battery: http://www.tnabattery-ebike.com/

Got it delivered in less than 2 weeks, shipping cost of about $90 to Canada.

seems like good pricing. what is the payment method? how did you find this vendor?

snowranger said:
CdnE90 said:
I had a great experience with TNA Battery: http://www.tnabattery-ebike.com/

Got it delivered in less than 2 weeks, shipping cost of about $90 to Canada.

seems like good pricing. what is the payment method? how did you find this vendor?

Found them with a Google search. I was looking for an ebike battery case, and discovered they sell the BBS0x line. I used Paypal.

They were quite responsive by email. Usually within an hour I would have a response. I asked them about programming and shipping methods -- they don't reprogram and they ship via Fedex.

Bought a bbs02 48V 20A from conhis motor. Shipping was 92$ usd to Sweden and it arrived in a week.

Put it on a Nicolai Helius FR and I've got the battery in a poc backpack with back protection built in.

image.jpg

Just wrap them up as neatly as possible with cable ties followed then by a feeling of "well that looks like crap". Its nice to have a plug and play harness but it would be nice to be able to specify a length. Anyway, this issue will soon be solved for me once I throw the stock screen as far away as I possibly can and install a CA3 in its place. Looking so forward to having a suite of riding and power consumption statistics in front of me again. Thanks electricwheels.de for figuring this conversion out 8) .

Kepler,
Not to change the subject of Bafang, but have you looked into http://www.speedict.com/ ? I just installed the Mars version last night and I like it better than a CA3 because you can save the data, memorize battery packs and move it from bike to bike. I think it is even cheaper. If your just looking for data and no control it seems like a better option.
Chalz

Back