New Kelly pseudo FOC controller series

according to kelly's latest manual v1.5.02 there is a paramter PWM

Code:
(15)PWM Frequency: Frequency of PWM operation. Unit:KHz
Functional description:20KHz is better for hub motor with strict quiet control.
Suggestion: Set according to the practical situation, factory default is 20KHz.Please don’t set it
20KHz above.
Value Range:10KHz or 20KHz
but i can't find it in the software. and some other parameters mentioned as well.
could someone please confirm that?
i a new controller software needed first? or was the pc program not upgraded?
i don't get it why kelly won't do some version numbering on their software. what software company doesn't do that?
no way to say that you are using the latest (and correct?) software. very hard to do debugging.

cwah said:
how good is this controller?
http://kellycontroller.com/kls6018s24v-60v240asinusoidal-brushless-motor-controller-p-1339.html
for such a generic question i recommend taking the time and reading through the thread. you won't get more info than what's already written here. and i took a long time writing everything down i experienced with this controller.

izeman said:
cwah said:
http://kellycontroller.com/kls6018s24v-60v240asinusoidal-brushless-motor-controller-p-1339.html
for such a generic question i recommend taking the time and reading through the thread. you won't get more info than what's already written here. and i took a long time writing everything down i experienced with this controller.

Ok I've read all pages and it seems to be a good controller but the lack f variable regen is putting me of. I'd like to use regen as my main way to brake and without variable regen it may not be possible

I've read the thread but can't find out answer about regen. the spec says it has abs regen but i don't know how good it is if it's not variable? i'd like to use regen as my main braking method and i don't know if without variable if that's good enough.

i'm hesitating with sabvoton that are about the same price:
HTB1424lIpXXXXbzXFXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

but much heavier,bigger. however it has variable regen and foc

SplinterOz said:
I have a couple here and from the programming and the manual no it doesn't have variable regen.

Thanks. I am wondering if it can still be used as main brake? I'm considering mostly using regen as brake and only use front brake for emergency or gentle stop.

Can I do it with this controller?

cwah said:
SplinterOz said:
I have a couple here and from the programming and the manual no it doesn't have variable regen.
Thanks. I am wondering if it can still be used as main brake? I'm considering mostly using regen as brake and only use front brake for emergency or gentle stop.

Can I do it with this controller?
the controller HAS regen. just not variable. and you can set how much current you want, and regen will be applied until stop.

Ok, i think I'm going to buy this controller because it's much smaller than the sabvotton (i have a dahon jetstream):

And to change setting I need this?
http://kellycontroller.com/tek-usb-to-rs232-cable-p-1345.html

I have a mac and android mobile phone. So I suppose I will still be able to plug it to my android mobile phone to set it up?

Nothing else needed and all good for my leafmotor 1000W and 54v40AH battery?

cwah said:
Ok, i think I'm going to buy this controller because it's much smaller than the sabvotton (i have a dahon jetstream):

And to change setting I need this?
http://kellycontroller.com/tek-usb-to-rs232-cable-p-1345.html

I have a mac and android mobile phone. So I suppose I will still be able to plug it to my android mobile phone to set it up?

Nothing else needed and all good for my leafmotor 1000W and 54v40AH battery?

There is also now a windows version of the software. So Andriod phone or tablet or windows laptop will work. Do buy the USB cable unless you have access to the same one locally. Not every one of these things are the same unfortunately.

01050001:The 12V brake switch and motor temp sensor functions used the same port on pin1.
01050002:The 12V brake switch used the different port from motor temp sensor.pin25 is 12V brake switch while pin1 is motor temp sensor.
01060001:The 12V brake switch is pin25 while motor temp sensor is pin1.And we added the brake analog regen mode on pin2.
If the software version is below 0105,there is no frequency to be chose between 10KHz and 20KHz.The Max Output fre can not be configured also.
The lastest one 0106 version will be released next month.People can read software version for each controller in the first picture of user program.
Just let people know we added brake analog regen mode for KLS controller according to so many requests from customers.
It will be released next month.
Customers can use brake analog regen mode on the same pin2.
That is to say,the customers can not use boost function and brake analog regen mode at the same time.
There is item called Boost in the user program.When it is enabled,the pin2 will be used as boost function.
When the Boost item is not chose,the pin2 will be used as brake analog regen mode.
The software version 0106 can support this brake analog regen mode.
But it must be the new controllers.The controller KLS can not support reflashing operation.

KLS8080I is designed for the motor with common three hall sensors.
KLS8080IPS is designed for the motor with sine/cosine speed sensors.
You can find the details in configuration in KLS8080I/IPS user manual.
When speed sensor type is at 4 for linear hall sensor(sin/cosin speed sensor),you need to use KLS8080IPS controller.
For example,we can provide Mars 1115 motor with sin/cosin speed sensor.
There are +5V,GND,Sin and Cosin port from this speed sensor.
We have already provided many KLS-8080IPS and ME1115 motors for customers.

SplinterOz said:

After receiving many request about varaible regen,we added this function for KLS controller.
The 0106 version will support this regen mode.
But it can not be updated by reflashing.Sorry for the trouble.
Just like what we said we may add some functions if many many customers asked for it.
We may upgrade the version to 0107 in future if customers ask for the reasonable request.

cwah said:
izeman said:
cwah said:

Ok I've read all pages and it seems to be a good controller but the lack f variable regen is putting me of. I'd like to use regen as my main way to brake and without variable regen it may not be possible

The 0106 version KLS controller can support variable regen mode.The new version will be released next month.

fany said:
SplinterOz said:

After receiving many request about varaible regen,we added this function for KLS controller.
Just like what we said we may add some functions if many many customers asked for it.
We may upgrade the version to 0107 in future if customers ask for the reasonable request.

Fany this seems great, variable regen and the ability to have both brake and motor temp will make this a much better controller.
I just want to be clear, to have variable regen it is only in NEW controllers release in a month or so.

However to have the brake switch separate from the motor temp that is just software update to existing controllers.

I am going to check my version now :)

SplinterOz said:
fany said:
SplinterOz said:

Fany this seems great, variable regen and the ability to have both brake and motor temp will make this a much better controller.
I just want to be clear, to have variable regen it is only in NEW controllers release in a month or so.

However to have the brake switch separate from the motor temp that is just software update to existing controllers.

I am going to check my version now :)

Ok just checked... I have a very old version of the software... a pre 0105 (special build for me I think).
Should be able to get and run the 01050002 software on my current controllers?

fany said:
SplinterOz said:

If you add field weakening, I'm buying right away! :)

wow great to hear. you DID NOT include a firmware upgrade option? this just can't be true.
the "old" controllers do support it, you build new ones and leave out this feature?
so all of us pre-users are left out of any improvements now?
is there at least a chance to receive a new cpu with new firmware flashed? i have 01040001 and would like to see if setting frequency to 20kHz would make my motor work. but that chance is left out for me.
fany: what did you offer to customers to benefit from new software? i hope buying a new controller is not the only option.

SplinterOz said:
Ok just checked... I have a very old version of the software... a pre 0105 (special build for me I think).
Should be able to get and run the 01050002 software on my current controllers?

Ok so my KLS-D is saying version 01040001 and Serial 15080106.
Can I get the 0105002 software on this so I can have 12v brake, motor temp and the frequency options?
How do I flash a new version?

Thanks

Back