New Open Source E-Bike/E-vehicle calculator & simulator

I've downloaded the zip file to my puter a few times, but when I try to open it up, Windows 7 sez "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed (zipped) Folder xxxxx is invalid."

Is it something on my end? I appear to be able to open other zip files - was this maybe corrupted by the upgrade that toasted the pictures?

-JD

I get an error as well in Window 7. I am using Winzip to extract. I get a "start of central directory could not be found; Zip file corrupt. Possible cause; file transfer error."

I tried it 3 different times on 2 different PCs. I also tried it to a Windows server and it couldn't open it either.

Taz - I've uploaded it on my site - it's a fresh compression so it should work https://sites.google.com/site/shelbyelectro/electro-tech/tech-docs

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could use this to model using two hub motors at once?

damcard said:
esoria said:
Can you help me?

I just tried to download the versions posted here and found them to be corrupted too. Best thing I can come up with short of getting Netbeans and building it is going to http://www.assembla.com/code/ebikecalculatoropen/subversion/nodes/EvCalc and get the zip there. Or you could look at the previous revisions to get an older one. Hopefully only a correctly built file was committed. Thats what I am trying anyhow. -Damcard
Any instructions on how to install/run this simulator? I can't unzip the original and don't know what to do w/ the files listed at the site above. Thanks.

Skippic said:
That one seems dead a long time.

Justin's simulator is now much better than before:
http://www.ebikes.ca/simulator/

Sure is, but you can't input custom motors to simulate so it doesn't work for me.

Hello all! I thought there was a working zip somewhere earlier in this thread, but if it's not working anymore, I'll upload one later on today. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I want you guys to get your awesome e-bikes rolling as soon as possible and spread word of THE REVOLUTION! :D

Is this version newer than my July 2010 version?

thanks swbluto

I still have my version.

Is there a way to add by ourself the new motor and parameters ?

Doc

Is this calculator useful for C80-100 Turnigy's with stock windings? The resistance of the 80-100 is listed at 3.2 mega ohms, but that doesn't compute with this calculator... What settings should I use, if any?

milesinfront said:
Is this calculator useful for C80-100 Turnigy's with stock windings? The resistance of the 80-100 is listed at 3.2 mega ohms, but that doesn't compute with this calculator... What settings should I use, if any?

It's actually 3.2 milliohms.

Here's version 18. I've added a readme and thanks to ebikes.ca for their permission to use some of their formulas and parameters. Their simulator is pretty awesome!

Attachments

• EbikeCalc18.rar
    6.7 MB · Views: 277
bearing said:
Stock C80100 with 130 RPM/V has about 32 mΩ phase-phase, not 3.2mΩ...

Sounds about right. I assumed the HobbyCity worker accidentally used the wrong prefix, but it looks like his digits were off too.

This is really cool and must have taken quite a chunk of time. I'm impressed. (also surprised that I just found it now. :mrgreen: )

How can we best go about getting more motor data into this simulator? My biggest gripe with the ebikes.ca simulator (Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate the thing) is that there aren't many motors in there and it is hard to figure out what parameters to use.

There has to be hoards of people that come to this site for information that would like to contribute back in a small way. If we could get a bunch of people to "crowd source" the parameters needed, this could be a really awesome tool for those wanting to research across many different options.

Question:

Is there a way to input and save your various personal motors and batteries? Say I have 4 different battery packs and can interchange them between bikes, it would be nice to be able to switch around quickly in the simulator instead of having to re-enter each variable every time.

cal3thousand said:
This is really cool and must have taken quite a chunk of time. I'm impressed. (also surprised that I just found it now. :mrgreen: )

Thanks. It was fun more then anything else. :mrgreen:

Is there a way to input and save your various personal motors and batteries? Say I have 4 different battery packs and can interchange them between bikes, it would be nice to be able to switch around quickly in the simulator instead of having to re-enter each variable every time.

Sure, there's a "save simulation" option in the File menu, I think.

swbluto,

How about introducing motor inductance, ripple current losses, etc.?

Thank you for this software, I like it a lot!

h0tr0d said:
swbluto,

How about introducing motor inductance, ripple current losses, etc.?

Thank you for this software, I like it a lot!

I tried, but couldn't get the graph to "look right". Anyone else is welcome to try! Open source FTW!

swbluto said:
I tried, but couldn't get the graph to "look right". Anyone else is welcome to try! Open source FTW!

Can you post the code that doesn't look right? Thanks

Back