New Panasonic Cell ncr18650bd 3200mah

Fasttech are way too expensive, you'll never buy 100's of cells from them. Best is to buy samples from a supplier, so if they are good you can buy lots.

Xin from power trading has ncr18650be at good price. My worry is they may be fake although she accept paypal.

cwah said:
Fasttech are way too expensive, you'll never buy 100's of cells from them. Best is to buy samples from a supplier, so if they are good you can buy lots.

Xin from power trading has ncr18650be at good price. My worry is they may be fake although she accept paypal.

At what price are we talking?
I really don't like the idea of alibaba chinese seller... :-/
I plan to have a better source for some cells soon... ;)

cwah said:
3.8USD/cell. You won't find cheaper anywhere else. Paypal accepted. Question is... is it the real deal or not?

That doesn't include shipping right? Add $.75 per cell for that... ?
And you might get Rank D, Rank E cells...

OMG I still can't believe it! Even after I warned you, you are still thinking of buying from power trading?

Well some people really want to loose their money and their nerves. :?

Now cwah, please go ahead and buy from them, show the rest of the forum how to waste money. I can't believe it... :roll:

It may be a trap, I have to admit... or maybe not. Someone has to try and report back. Unless we find a reliable supplier selling at decent price, that's all we got!

ps: shipping not included but cost is very decent

cwah said:
It may be a trap, I have to admit... or maybe not. Someone has to try and report back. Unless we find a reliable supplier selling at decent price, that's all we got!

I have tried, and failed, and I don't want you to fail, ok?

Do you not believe me or what?

Other had successfully bought stuff from keepower, and evva, and they are confirmed to ship batteries the legit way. Powertrading sells lithium as fake, and if you are in EU, it WILL get seized and destroyed.

Also, have you asked nkon for discount? They were offering a nice quantity discount to my friend on Samsung 25R cells.

Last edited:
Ouch. how much did you lose? Hold tight, those looking for nice cells... I am working on a source for some ASAP.. ;)

Fortunately I didn't loose anything because I won paypal claim, as the mail I posted shows. But it was too painful, and I wouldn't want to go through that hassle again. That's why I'm warning cwah about them.
Luckily, I live in Eu where I have two great sources of batteries.

riba2233 said:
Fortunately I didn't loose anything because I won paypal claim, as the mail I posted shows. But it was too painful, and I wouldn't want to go through that hassle again. That's why I'm warning cwah about them.
Luckily, I live in Eu where I have two great sources of batteries.
Besides NKON what's the other?

okashira said:
This is probably the last test to share before I get my BD's.

I wanted to compare the PF to the BE directly.
I took the BE I tested for Riba at 5A and did a 3A and two 10A, because I forgot to data-log on the first 10A run.

Lined up the data with my old PF and the more recent Rank B and Rank D PF data.

Basically, the BE performs like a PF, with 9-10% more capacity. Not bad at all.

But the BE got VERY toasty in the 10a draw. Got to 73°C by 2.85V. Was at 54°C half way through (1.5Ah)

2nd chart, zoomed in, you can see the DCIR is on the lower end of the PF's data, but that's still pretty good.

Given the temp, I wouldn't rate the cell for 10A discharge... But even dropping it down to 9A would probably get the temp to a reasonable level on a CONTINUOUS discharge.
15A burst should be fine for this cell as well. (20-30 seconds)

file.php

file.php

9A continuous is still plenty for any useful e-bike application I can think of. Remember, the 10A test only took 20 minutes. Who wants an e-bike with a 20 min battery life?

Any way you could cycle them at 5A and 10A for 15 times? My testing experiment was that at high discharge rate, either the resistance or capacity drop noticeably between every few cycles.

Not until I get some kind of automatic cycler. Too much manual attention required with my setup ATM.
My BD's are still on the boat. So 1+ week.
I'll have Model S cells to test before I get these damn BD's... :roll:

I can tell you I ran the BE after two 10A runs at 3A. And no capacity lost. Actually picked up a tiny bit:
I did run it a little warmer (75°F) so that may explain the extra capacity.
See the dark orange trace
file.php

Attachments

• be.png
    be.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,473
2 cycles doesn't mean anything because your charger/discharger is not very accurate. It may just be measurement inaccuracy, or even change of the time of the day (change of temperature).

I've been cycling cells before and I've noticed that it needs at least 5 cycles to see a beginning of a trend, as temperature and charger variations are more important than cells capacity loss. From 15 cycles you can clearly see the trend and deduct permanent loss, which is usually either resistance (for high discharge cells) or capacity (for high capacity cells).

cwah said:
2 cycles doesn't mean anything because your charger/discharger is not very accurate. It may just be measurement inaccuracy, or even change of the time of the day (change of temperature).

I've been cycling cells before and I've noticed that it needs at least 5 cycles to see a beginning of a trend, as temperature and charger variations are more important than cells capacity loss. From 15 cycles you can clearly see the trend and deduct permanent loss, which is usually either resistance (for high discharge cells) or capacity (for high capacity cells).

I'm using my multimeter to set charge end voltage which is +/- .03%, but I'm usually off by ~1mv which is an additional .03%.

And the discharge voltage is verified to ~.05% (calibrated with my multimeter)

Current is checked and good to ~0.1% or better.

Now accuracy isn't important here; repeatably is. Repeat-ability should be significantly better then the accuracy #'s.

I am usually able to see a capacity loss after a cycle or two on the PF's.

riba2233 said:
cwah said:

I have tried, and failed, and I don't want you to fail, ok?

83dBTmg.png

Do you not believe me or what?

Other had successfully bought stuff from keepower, and evva, and they are confirmed to ship batteries the legit way. Powertrading sells lithium as fake, and if you are in EU, it WILL get seized and destroyed.

Also, have you asked nkon for discount? They were offering a nice quantity discount to my friend on Samsung 25R cells.

Maybe I missed it, but what was the dispute about?
What happened?

I bought some batteries from power trading, they shipped it illegally as nimh with reduced value even though I didn't asked them for, and batteries got seized and destroyed at EU customs in Belgium (due to safety concerns). Power trading refused to give me back my money, so I had to do Paypal claim.

Ok, thanks for sharing. I bought batteries from them like 2 years ago, and it was the same nimh rebranding.
Each individual cell had shrinkwrap with the print NiMH 1100mAh.
Nothing happened that time and the batteries have been working good so far.

Bought more batteries from there last fall and they were all shringkwrapped into 8cell packs (with no connections and a loose connector cable coming out one end)
with a 4S3P 4400mAh sticker on. Every one of these units were packaged into a zip bag in a small cardboard box. Lithium battery warning sticker on every box.
Then multiple of these were stapled inside a bigger cardboard box.

I wonder if they are legit apart from questionable shipping methods. My cells have been good so far. But I dont have any other cells to compare with either.

Just out of interest I got quote for 200 pieces from these guys to Australia.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/POWER-NCR-18650BD-3200mah-3-7v_60196353259.html

Panasonic NCR 18650BD 3200MAH Battery

200 5.90 $1,180.00
Shipping Cost (Fedex) $159.40
Paypal fee (4%) $53.57
Total price $1,392.97

I asked for some authentication that they were legit and they supplied spec data only.

Back