New Yamaha Mid Drive Bike purchase

A2BNEW2ME

100 µW
I just received a new Giant Prime Mid Drive e-bike with a Yamaha motor. It is my second mid drive after putting a Bafang on my mountain bike. I am bummed that I can't check it out under power yet, as the bike shop in Europe wouldn't ship a battery overseas, so I bought it without the battery. I have been looking for a compatible 36v rack mount battery. It rides nice without power, not much drag. The Shimano Nexus 7 speed geared Hub works good,will have to see how it holds up under power.

Attachments

• Giant 1.jpg
    Giant 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 356
Thanks, I didn't know Giant used Yamaha for some of their motors until I saw this bike on sale as a last years model, kind of by accident. It fits me pretty well. I wish I knew someone in England, I could have had them pick up the stock battery and send it to me.

A2BNEW2ME said:
I wish I knew someone in England, I could have had them pick up the stock battery and send it to me.
Hi,

There are a lot of forum members from England. I bet you can easily find someone.

I doubt you will ever need to pull apart the motor housing, but...IF YOU EVER DO:

Please, please, PLEASE...take pictures and measurements of everything (stator width and diameter, pole-count, etc)

How would I go about finding a forum member who would be willing to pick up the original battery pack for me and send it back here to the states? I would really like the original battery if possible.

If I ever take the motor apart I will definitely post the photos here. There is a Youtube video but it does not show that much detail.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZNj0kLqm0E]

Back