Newbie to this forum (today) but I wanted to put my 2-cents

regarding the chain rubbin the kickstand, it's a factor of chain lenght and what gear you are on at the rear cluster.. if you ride in the low gear all the time, add a shim as mentioned above.

I would advise slowly rolling off curbs vs riding at speed and rocking a landing.....

if you want to go off-roading hard.. get a stealth bomber.. :wink:

I didn't think going off the curb would have been so hard on it, and I did take it easy, but not easy enough as I can now tell. I have a feeling that the fields that I was in the day before did not help matters either.

As for the handlebars grips, you are right, there is nothing wrong with what came with the bike, I just ordered them because I thought it was a up grade to was the bike came with. My option now that I have seen then in my hands is that this was not the right option to pick. Moving the gear shift in more and then putting on the Optional grips would just place my hands at a great distance from the brake lever, and that not what I need.

Being 54, I don't think I want to do the hard off roading any more, not that I did either. I had not rode a bike since I was in grade school, and then only at 50 I got a scooter, and then a motor bike, and now I finally got a bicycle again.

I created my first bike in to an e-bike only after having a few issue with mounting a gas engine on the bike. Got a Powered hub from Ampedbikes.com and had a blast with it on a $150 bike. Figured it was time to get something with lighter batteries and already built as an e-bike, so I get the Prodeco Phantom X2. Funny, the powered hub is just the same as the Ampedbikes hub, right down to the stickers.

Back