Non-overclocked Vector Light Build

Looks cool with the battery showing thru the side panel, be careful of a short! would hate to try to pull that battery out in flames! I always think of that when there are 10x screws locking it in place inside the frame.

I'm sure its a ton of fun with that controller, but make sure you have enough power when you go to buy a mini replacement, maybe a KBSX72151X

skeetab5780 said:
Looks cool with the battery showing thru the side panel, be careful of a short! would hate to try to pull that battery out in flames! I always think of that when there are 10x screws locking it in place inside the frame.

I'm sure its a ton of fun with that controller, but make sure you have enough power when you go to buy a mini replacement, maybe a KBSX72151X

IMG_20190926_172635 (Medium).jpg

i bonded the cells to a caddy which is a precise fit inside the vector's compartment. then i placed a few strips of rubber foam so that when you screw the metal cover it holds the pack in place to keep it from sliding forward.

i now like to build packs w/ open sides for ventilation. but i'll definitely reinstall the vector's side covers when i'm done testing...

it certainly looks powerful, hows it go on those flats this is where the hub motors shine!

skeetab5780 said:
it certainly looks powerful, hows it go on those flats this is where the hub motors shine!

those are the volcanic sands coughed up by Mt. Pinatubo in the early 90's (which cooled the earth by about a degree). this hub does well on pavement and hardpack. but terrible off-road :lol: so it's never going to replace my BHT bike

btw the caliper mount on the Vector is a bit wonky. requires a weird combination of adapters to get the alignment right

IMG_20191011_105634 (Medium).jpg

none of these adapters work:

IMG_20191011_214620 (Medium).jpg

Looks great!
I'd love to know how things are working out (Frame, wheel geometry (how tall are you?), budget-cells,controller, motor).
This is a stealth (all power components integrated into frame) type build I am looking for and stance (smaller/wider rear tire).
I was hoping to go geared motor though because this will be a woods (smoother single-track, sandy forest roads) bike.
Does it ever bog down in the sand? How does the DD motor perform starting from stand-still on dry sand?
For me I believe I will lace up 26 in front wheel, 20 or 24 in back. Spoke will be 13G.....maybe 14G?
What is top speed on flat hard top no wind for your build?
What is your pack geometry (17S6P?)? What amperage is motor/controller pulling with this pack?
FYI QS205 motor no longer sold. Replaced by QS215 1200W.

Thank you,
P

IMG_20210109_173400 (Medium).jpg

did a few changes since the last pic. went back to to a single-crown fork w/ 26" wheel. fatter rear tire to balance it out, 2.75 x 17

kelly controller KLS7212, heatsinked to the frame. solves the overheating issue. shall elaborate on this on a future post.

pullin-gs said:
Looks great!
I'd love to know how things are working out (Frame, wheel geometry (how tall are you?)other than the weird brake mount it's great. i'm 5'11" this frame fits like a size "L" MTB, budget-cells,controller, motor).
This is a stealth (all power components integrated into frame) type build I am looking for and stance (smaller/wider rear tire).
I was hoping to go geared motor though because this will be a woods (smoother single-track, sandy forest roads) bike.
Does it ever bog down in the sand? How does the DD motor perform starting from stand-still on dry sand? packed sand no problem like in the pic above but motor overheats in loose sand
For me I believe I will lace up 26 in front wheel, 20 or 24 in back. Spoke will be 13G.....maybe 14G?
What is top speed on flat hard top no wind for your build? 60kph
What is your pack geometry (17S6P?)? 17s6p physically arranged 17x6. hex packing. What amperage is motor/controller pulling with this pack? 60a
FYI QS205 motor no longer sold. Replaced by QS215 1200W.

Thank you,
P

IMG_20210727_105945 (Medium).jpg

so i built a new pack using BAK N18650CK cells. copper steel sandwich method. 1123wh capacity so it now goes 54km

IMG_20210122_210217 (Medium).jpg

the kelly KLS7212S is a tiny controller w/ limited thermal mass. would sometimes throw error 2-3 so i heatsinked it to the frame using a bent aluminum plate. space is very limited inside the frame so i had to mount it at an angle

IMG_20210809_175343 (Medium).jpg

this ain't an offroad bike so i installed slicks

Hey have you noticed that this bike has rear end swingarm sway, like the rear end is sort of loose and when steering sharp obstacles the rear end trails a bit behind causing a uneasy feeling at higher speeds? I have tried tightening the swingarm bolt and shock mount bolts but it does not seem to help. I am contemplating going back to a hard tail for my pedal commuter bike because of this

hi! i noticed that the swingarm pivots bearings are tiny. when i designed my ebike frame i made sure to use big bearings because i was tired of replacing those tiny bearings on mountain bikes. on my vector light there seems to be a bit of bearing play, thus some sideways play on the swingarm, so maybe that's what your experiencing

Back