Nucular Electronics owner's thread (setup infos, FW updates, links etc.)

Hi All

i got my controller and connecting it to a Mxus 3k, save wasting VasiliSk time i thought id ask here someone else same information. does anyone know the pinout for the Halls to the 12F Iv seen diagram in first post but still dont understand the orientation of the plug and i have since change my plug which i forgot to take note of stock one.

Cheers Guys

On the diagram, connectors are seen "from the front" (ie looking from the side where they interact with each other).

Red = +5V
Black = GND
White = Temperature sensor
Others = hall sensor

(Hope I answer your question bc I'm not sure what you meant :) )

Attachments

• Connection.png
    Connection.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 3,461
Aeron said:
On the diagram, connectors are seen "from the front" (ie looking from the side where they interact with each other).

Red = +5V
Black = GND
White = Temperature sensor
Others = hall sensor

(Hope I answer your question bc I'm not sure what you meant :) )
Thanks Aeron [emoji2937]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maby helpful for EU legal sur-ron owners, this controller wurks perfect incl lights etc.

I changed my old sabvoton 72150 to 12F Nucular controller.
WOW! Almost same power, 2kgs less weight an more than 4 times less volume! :shock:
IMG_20190413_191826.jpg
IMG_20190805_231854.jpg

Its "must have" controller for high power mid drive with derailleur. Especialy for function "Accelerate and hold". I have 3 freewheels between motor and rear wheel. It can hold some little power when I release throttle (change gear or ride a slow to curve) and keep freewheels activated. after that I can give hard throttle without worries about them. Now need min 10 seconds acceleration to activate, but VasiliSk promised to lower min time.

No problem with my Cyclone 4kW motor. Autodetection works OK. Using FOC controll with field weakening.
Started testing with 250A phase and 150A battery. But get max 220A phase.
IMG_20190805_231542.jpg

lukashanak said:
No problem with my Cyclone 4kW motor. Autodetection works OK. Using FOC controll with field weakening.
Started testing with 250A phase and 150A battery. But get max 220A phase.

Whats your battery voltage?
It could be that your motor simply doesn't request for higher phase amps due to ohms law, or do you mean that you had to turn the amps down to 220A to not get any cut outs?

On my RC motor middrive i cannot set more than 150A phase (on frist gen 12F 200A controller) in order to not get any cut outs from overcurrent spikes.

It's like this:
200A works up to 20kmh then it cuts out
~180A work until 40kmh
~160A until 60kmh
~150A works at any speed without cut outs

But this motor already is close to the suggested ERPM limit (it needs 40k at max RPM, max recommended for Nucular is around 60k ERPM), and R + L is also on the lower side.
IMO it is still impressive that Nucular otherwise works with this motor so well and it's no comparison to previously used Adaptto (which blew).

madin88 said:
Whats your battery voltage?
It could be that your motor simply doesn't request for higher phase amps due to ohms law, or do you mean that you had to turn the amps down to 220A to not get any cut outs?

On my RC motor middrive i cannot set more than 150A phase (on frist gen 12F 200A controller) in order to not get any cut outs from overcurrent spikes.

It's like this:
200A works up to 20kmh then it cuts out
~180A work until 40kmh
~160A until 60kmh
~150A works at any speed without cut outs

But this motor already is close to the suggested ERPM limit (it needs 40k at max RPM, max recommended for Nucular is around 60k ERPM), and R + L is also on the lower side.
IMO it is still impressive that Nucular otherwise works with this motor so well and it's no comparison to previously used Adaptto (which blew).

I have 250A phase set and max measured phase 220A. No cutouts. Battery 18s lipo 18Ah. 73.7V full (using 4.1V/cell). With my previous controller sabvoton 72150 I was riding 330A phase setup, but no measurement, so dont know real. But lower rpm torque was noticeable higher. But I dont hurts me, now its easier to control bike and when I need more torque, I change gear... :D Power is more important to me and today measured 9500W. Maybe I try to play with PID controll a little, when I have some time...

IMG_20190807_122755-1500x2000.jpg

I made some PID adjustmets. Looks good now. :)

Merlin said:
What adjustment did you made?

Increased Integral therm from 100 to 120.
Looks good, but if VasiliSk add some datalogger with graphs in future, it will be super.... :D

Yes. Maybe to aggresive now after all my mods. Made a few unwanted wheelies on way home..... :lol:

lukashanak said:
Merlin said:
What adjustment did you made?

Increased Integral therm from 100 to 120.
Looks good, but if VasiliSk add some datalogger with graphs in future, it will be super.... :D

Checked but didn't find anything in pid with the name "integral therm"
The only one that had default 100 is "FOC KI"

Did you mean this? If so can you explain? =)

Yes, FOC Ki is integral therm of FOC mode PID regulation.

Things i've done for fast throttle response:
Running torque mode
In control modes acceleration limit set to 0
Shortened my throttle so max volt on WOT is only 2.8 not 4.4v and made auto throttle calibration for this voltage.
And adjusted PID. FOC Ki to 120.

But now is to much for me. Its more aggresive than my previous Sabvoton 72150 on same phase amps. On higher gears OK, but on low gears its dangerous...

Merlin said:
shortening the throttle V we did also on adappto. 3v was perfect. i will try the PID settings but i think the cuttet voltage did the trick....i hope iam wrong =)

unfortunately i wasnt wrong :D

PID didnt do anything in acceleration from zero. (without the voltage cut)

But Surron peaks 8.5Kw, 80kph@50a flux with 58T.
So its pretty good. Of course Torque Throttle and smooth as butter :D

efficiency as expected to the stock surron controller way better. 28wh/km @ straight 50kph(gps)
Running 4Kw (70kph) for half an hour: controller 38°c - Motor 68°c

best upgrade ever for your surron =)

Merlin said:
Merlin said:
shortening the throttle V we did also on adappto. 3v was perfect. i will try the PID settings but i think the cuttet voltage did the trick....i hope iam wrong =)

unfortunately i wasnt wrong :D

PID didnt do anything in acceleration from zero. (without the voltage cut)

But Surron peaks 8.5Kw, 80kph@50a flux with 58T.
So its pretty good. Of course Torque Throttle and smooth as butter :D

efficiency as expected to the stock surron controller way better. 28wh/km @ straight 50kph(gps)
Running 4Kw (70kph) for half an hour: controller 38°c - Motor 68°c

best upgrade ever for your surron =)
How can you make 80kmh with a 58T on sur-ron :shock: you running 18S battery are because you do 50A Flux ?
The torque/wheelie power must be great on 58T ?

no its stock battery 16s.
80 kph is easy. with 100a flux you reach something about 85kph@80% Battery. Just for testing.

70kph GPS @ 50% Battery is way enough. so we will stay at 50a flux.

since we run some months now 58T i cant remember how the 48T goes power wise. For my Girl its plenty of Power and if she nails the throttle from zero we accelerate quite even (LMX@11kw - Surron@8kw)

if you are able to do wheelies you can also pop one at 40kph. but powerwheelies from zero are not possible. Here we need more phase =)

Merlin said:
no its stock battery 16s.
80 kph is easy. with 100a flux you reach something about 85kph@80% Battery. Just for testing.

70kph GPS @ 50% Battery is way enough. so we will stay at 50a flux.

since we run some months now 58T i cant remember how the 48T goes power wise. For my Girl its plenty of Power and if she nails the throttle from zero we accelerate quite even (LMX@11kw - Surron@8kw)

if you are able to do wheelies you can also pop one at 40kph. but powerwheelies from zero are not possible. Here we need more phase =)
:bigthumb:

Back