Opinions please! Most powerful Hub w/ 155mm dropout?

Ososjohnny

100 mW
what is the most powerful production hub in your opinion? ..... Which hub is the most bad ass of them all!

Thanks everyone!
John

I think the 273/50 is a wider dropout Ron?

Whats the most weight you can take OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samd said:
I think the 273/50 is a wider dropout Ron?

Whats the most weight you can take OP?

The 50 requires a 200mm dropout.

So far the qs273 V3 40h is the baddest from what I can tell.

I apologize but what does OP stand for?

Thanks,
John

QS motor 273 40H is the only motor in 273 series which is available in 155 dropouts,
All of the remaining 273 are offered in 200mm dropout,

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

QS and a few other vedors have worked hard to become front of mind in recommendations around here but Wuxi make ok ones and 9c make better 273 stator motors than both.

I am not sure that a 273 H40 can deliver better than a 205 H50. It sure can shed more heat, and stand longer bursts of power. Yet, the extra weight is canceling a lot of effective bike performance. I know my 5404 dirt bike is nowhwere near my 205 H50 street bike for speed and acceleration, but it can take the heat much better in the mountain.

They should work on making the 273 H50 in 155 wide. Meanwhile, the 205 H50 V3 is running smooth and silent with very high power bursts. I am very satisfied with it, and plan to build another this winter.

Torque density is proportional to the square of the stator radius-all else unchanged. So the 273 should be significantly torquier even though the rolling inertia is higher.

MadRhino said:
I am not sure that a 273 H40 can deliver better than a 205 H50. It sure can shed more heat, and stand longer bursts of power. Yet, the extra weight is canceling a lot of effective bike performance. I know my 5404 dirt bike is nowhwere near my 205 H50 street bike for speed and acceleration, but it can take the heat much better in the mountain.

They should work on making the 273 H50 in 155 wide. Meanwhile, the 205 H50 V3 is running smooth and silent with very high power bursts. I am very satisfied with it, and plan to build another this winter.

I am friends with another member in here who has a 50h 205 and 40h 273. From what he has said the 273 is way way more impressive than 205.

Thanks,
John

Samd said:
QS and a few other vedors have worked hard to become front of mind in recommendations around here but Wuxi make ok ones and 9c make better 273 stator motors than both.

Which models are these from Wuxi/9C?

Ososjohnny said:
MadRhino said:

I am friends with another member in here who has a 50h 205 and 40h 273. From what he has said the 273 is way way more impressive than 205.

Thanks,
John
Impressive ?
I have not built with the QS 273 H40, so I have no comparison really. I would like to see actual performance, after it's built on the same bike with same controller.

My only comparison is with the X 54, that is another large heavy H40. It is impressive, big and hungry. Side by side with my 205 H50 with the same controller, it does make a bike 10 lbs heavier at least, and this has a negative result in acceleration.

Nevertheless, many other factors are different on both bikes. I like to believe that a larger diameter motor should have better performance, even when the magnets are 20% smaller. Yet It did not happen in my builds, I might try a QS 273 for my next dirt bike, but I really would like it to be H50 in order to give it all the chances and justify the extra weight.

MadRhino said:
Ososjohnny said:
MadRhino said:

Thanks,
John
Impressive ?
I have not built with the QS 273 H40, so I have no comparison really. I would like to see actual performance, after it's built on the same bike with same controller.

My only comparison is with the X 54, that is another large heavy H40. It is impressive, big and hungry. Side by side with my 205 H50 with the same controller, it does make a bike 10 lbs heavier at least, and this has a negative result in acceleration.

Nevertheless, many other factors are different on both bikes. I like to believe that a larger diameter motor should have better performance, even when the magnets are 20% smaller. Yet It did not happen in my builds, I might try a QS 273 for my next dirt bike, but I really would like it to be H50 in order to give it all the chances and justify the extra weight.

Hello, my friend powervelocity.com is the master of all this info. He has built 205's and 273's. He said that the 273 he put on his buddies bike does wheelies every time you give the throttle a little stab... he implied it was night and day between the two... and they both ran on similar size batteries with similar controllers (he builds his own).

He might even have a thread about it... he has been on this forum for a bit.

Thanks,
John

Back