Over 100% throttle settings ? And block time settings?

Could anyone explain exactly what happens when you set a programable controller to the over 100% settings? Exactly what is it doing? Like, does it increase the phase amps, battery amps , block time, throttle voltage, change motor timing, ect? I have found some posts of peolple doing it but have not seen anything that actually states what it is in reality doing to the controller.

Also could use some info on block time settings. What exactly is it doing to the controller. I know its bypassing settings for a set amount of time but by how much and what settings are being affected?

Thanks in advance for any info on these subjects.

I'm pretty sure its changing timing [other things mentioned, like phase amps, wouldnt change speed]. I know lyen has explained it somewhere. It will probably be available in the technical area subforum.

Ive tried searching the tech section with throttle settings and block time but did not see anything actually explaning what exactly is happining with the controller when these higher settings are entered.

Right now its been raining and i hope in a couple of days it will be clear enough to experiment, so im trying to find out now what ill be doing to the controller.
Either way ill post back in the future (weather permitting) What i am running and the results.

Thanks

Hmm, well, that made me curious; I also could not find it. Maybe it is not as obvious as I thought.

Edit: Found it!

[Why do I even try using the internal search function? Googling 'motor 120% timing' was much easier]

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12249

^ This thread (quasi)explains things.

just to tell you i'm keeping an eye on this thread too because i'm interested in the topic and eventually try to program my controller.

I do not remember which controller you have ? Mine is detailed in my signature

if we have compatible controller, i'd be interested to learn how to program them and squeeze out some more power...

thanks

Thanks Kin, but yea it only "kinda" explains things.

Hugues, I have a 18FET lyen controller which i believe is like your Infineon if im correct. I think the programing paramiters are the same. I am also going to be testing things on my HT3535 first. If you are using the batteries you got from HPC, you have three. I am only running 2.
I am hoping the weather dries up for a couple of days. I have a nice flat street to test on.
I will report back on what i find with each setting.
Also Hugues, programming the controller is actually really easy if you have the software set up right. Then its just a matter of ,inputing your changes, click,push the little button ,click and your done. The trick is knowing how your controller is already set up. i had to have Lyen send me a screenshot of what my original settings were. The software does not let you know whats already in there.

Okay, did some testing.. kinda disapointing. This is what i have to report for now.
This is my set up: HT 3525- 18FET Lyen controller- 58.5v 10ah lipo hot
This was my first controller settings: 40Amp- 100A phase,- throttle set to 115%
This is the result: 26mph when i throttled all the way i could feel the kick-in. 32mph Sounds good but here is the catch- 4-5v sag and serious drain on the battery. it went from 58v to 53v and upon stopping only returned back to 54v from 58.5 and this was from less than 1/2 mile.

Okay , oh crap that is some serious amp draw. Next test i lowered the amps to 25a and 80a phase and set the trottle to 120%
The result - nothing- took right off to 26mph WOT there was no boost at all.

So there must be some corelation to amp and phase settings to throttle %.
This is all i had time to test today but from just those results it seems that unless you have some massive amp hour battery ,that a 5-6 mph increase is not worth draing the batteries in 1 mile.

Tommorow if it dose not rain ill play some more with the settings but it dont look good for over % the throttle.
Im also going to play with block time to see what i get from that.

As you can see in my signature, I've managed 3mph more with 120% as opposed to 100% throttle. There is a definitive kick, change in rpm and mostly sound when wheel is off the ground, but when you switch from 100% to 120% on the go there is no any kick whatsoever. Current does go up, but only from 22 to 23 amps.

Back