P-51 Bullet Electric Bike

Bullet - Jet Black

---

Love this aesthetic. That suspension setup looks phenomenal. Many of the specs are underwhelming, even for a "street legal"* bike. Even more so when you see the $3,850 price tag. (Compare it to something like the Grizzly which is $500 cheaper.)

* They, perhaps, incorrectly categorize as Class 2. The video has speeds up to 32mph, so it's technically not even Class 3. Maybe that bike was unlocked in some fashion.

Last edited:
It's "street legal in CA as a moped (maybe), but if so requires a license plate, MC license for the operator and insurance.

Interested in any reviews from people who have had some seat time. Seems like a better version of the Super 73RX style bikes.

I picked up a used one a few months ago. I had talked to the owners at an Indian Motorcycle event and rode one of their bikes. Suspension is awesome. I hadn't ridden many e-bikes prior, so don't have a lot to compare it to, except research and looking at the specs of many. I got the bike at half price, so that is a major factor in my purchase. 4K for any of these things drives me nuts! I ride motorcycles and I can get them cheaper... The only thing turning me on to the e-bikes is that there are hardly any restrictions on riding a Class 2 anywhere you ride a normal bicycle.
The bike is comfortable and it has a decent amount of power. Not going to be doing any throttle wheelies or flying up any dunes on it though. On a 16-degree grade, I have to assist in mode 5. Also not going to top 15 or 16 miles up an incline at full throttle. I'm 6'1" about 220lbs. On a flat straight, I can hit about 25mph. I have yet to hit +-30mph. I get roughly 10 miles on a charge currently. Far Cry from 40. so unless you are in Mode 1 or 2... maybe 3 and allowing the pedal "assist" to operate, without a gear system the pedals become useless at any speed. This battery is probably far from 100% efficient and I am looking to head up to their shop and possibly get a second setup attached. Also, mine did not come with the headlight to draw more power from the battery. I did get an off-brand 73 for my son on Amazon and he is getting 40 miles on a charge and will do about 25+ in mode 4. It still claims to be Class 2 with a 750-watt motor. Has a lower Peak than the P51. I love the bike though. Take it all over town now and plan on taking it for camping trips. I'd rather have the power and torque of a Sur-ron or Talaria, but also don't feel like dealing with plating it to be able to ride on the street and they are starting to crack down pretty hard in So Cal due to all the kids riding stupid. Hefty fines and marks on your license. They'll go after the parents as well as the kids now. I've had many discussions with the local and other sheriff's Departments and am trying to push them to do classes at the schools on Ebike safety and rules.

Attachments

• IMG_4979.jpeg
    IMG_4979.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
I got the bike at half price, so that is a major factor in my purchase.
That is a great price for these, frankly. You got a great deal -- I absolutely would purchase one at that price too.

Also, mine did not come with the headlight to draw more power from the battery.
Lights draw basically nothing compared to 10m of pushing a motor.

I'd rather have the power and torque of a Sur-ron or Talaria, but also don't feel like dealing with plating it to be able to ride on the street and they are starting to crack down pretty hard in So Cal due to all the kids riding stupid.
From what I've seen it's very easy to do the plating, but can sometimes be hit or miss. That said, it's also really easy to add a pedal kit and have them run in Class 3 mode and be completely legal. (Just because something CAN be configured to go faster doesn't make it against the law when it's setup lower.)

Enjoy the bike; they do look like a lot of fun.

Bullet - Jet Black

---

Love this aesthetic. That suspension setup looks phenomenal. Many of the specs are underwhelming, even for a "street legal"* bike. Even more so when you see the $3,850 price tag. (Compare it to something like the Grizzly which is $500 cheaper.)

* They, perhaps, incorrectly categorize as Class 2. The video has speeds up to 32mph, so it's technically not even Class 3. Maybe that bike was unlocked in some fashion.
Hello! Thank you for review. Very interesting!

I picked up a used one a few months ago. I had talked to the owners at an Indian Motorcycle event and rode one of their bikes. Suspension is awesome. I hadn't ridden many e-bikes prior, so don't have a lot to compare it to, except research and looking at the specs of many. I got the bike at half price, so that is a major factor in my purchase. 4K for any of these things drives me nuts! I ride motorcycles and I can get them cheaper... The only thing turning me on to the e-bikes is that there are hardly any restrictions on riding a Class 2 anywhere you ride a normal bicycle.
The bike is comfortable and it has a decent amount of power. Not going to be doing any throttle wheelies or flying up any dunes on it though. On a 16-degree grade, I have to assist in mode 5. Also not going to top 15 or 16 miles up an incline at full throttle. I'm 6'1" about 220lbs. On a flat straight, I can hit about 25mph. I have yet to hit +-30mph. I get roughly 10 miles on a charge currently. Far Cry from 40. so unless you are in Mode 1 or 2... maybe 3 and allowing the pedal "assist" to operate, without a gear system the pedals become useless at any speed. This battery is probably far from 100% efficient and I am looking to head up to their shop and possibly get a second setup attached. Also, mine did not come with the headlight to draw more power from the battery. I did get an off-brand 73 for my son on Amazon and he is getting 40 miles on a charge and will do about 25+ in mode 4. It still claims to be Class 2 with a 750-watt motor. Has a lower Peak than the P51. I love the bike though. Take it all over town now and plan on taking it for camping trips. I'd rather have the power and torque of a Sur-ron or Talaria, but also don't feel like dealing with plating it to be able to ride on the street and they are starting to crack down pretty hard in So Cal due to all the kids riding stupid. Hefty fines and marks on your license. They'll go after the parents as well as the kids now. I've had many discussions with the local and other sheriff's Departments and am trying to push them to do classes at the schools on Ebike safety and rules.
I believe you're getting the wrong information on your statement about cracking down on E-bike riding. Unless we have first hand E bike riders that have had any of what you stated happen to them I don't believe any of it...... it's just gossip.
I do believe in bike safety classes, we use to teach them in Elementary school.

Love this aesthetic.

Ah yes-- the appearance that screams, "I never rode a bike after I went to middle school, and I have no intention of ever trying a real one." Also "I know nothing about anything and I don't want to change that."

A bike that sucks without a motor, still sucks when you add a motor to it.

The first time I saw this bike it made a good impression on me. I like the unique and functional modern look. The suspension looks good too, and people seem to always say it has good suspension. It's to bad it costs so much. With the competition coming out lately I don't think 750w is going to cut it at that price. I think it would be a great donor bike for a custom build though. Something with mo powwa.

Back