Page for looking up cells

Are there any page to look up cells?

To find information about the cells like datasheets.

I found a datasheet for my cells but via another website.

Would be nice to at least have a list of manufacturers with links to their websites.
But perhaps the manufacturer dont put these datasheets for download on their websites. I don't know.

Would like to know the chemistry of my cells other than they are lithium-ion cells.

I literally always forget the good website that does reviews
Lyte or Lgyte or something.
Real easy to find "18650 lyte 18650 discharge graph"
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650CurvesAll%20UK.html

Thanks.
But my particular cells (Dynabat MX18650-26P) does not appear in any of it it seems.

Open up this ... https://www.google.com/search?q=dynabat+mx18650+26P+data+sheet&rlz=1CAPPDO_enUS802US802&sxsrf=APq-WBu_IKfMYodEOYTD-4ej4p3ioTWH6w%3A1647106849855&ei=IdssYtHtM8aJggfhmYWICQ&ved=0ahUKEwiRgsWVj8H2AhXGhOAKHeFMAZEQ4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=dynabat+mx18650+26P+data+sheet&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAM6BwgjELADECc6BwgAEEcQsAM6BQghEKsCSgQIQRgASgQIRhgAUP8GWMEjYI8waAFwAXgAgAGbAYgB0guSAQQwLjExmAEAoAEByAEJwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz ... then scroll down
and click on the following link to see the data sheet for your cell ... SZABB180710007-01 猛狮 电芯MX18650-26P MSDS

Once on this site it CAN NOT be copied so wasn't able to paste onto this ES thread. These cells could be several years old/new ... buyer beware ... the 13 pages of the first pdf link aren't available. When you buy cells at a cost that is too good to be true and the manufacturer won't allow critical specs to be retrieved (13 pages) then you got took.

calab said:
I literally always forget the good website that does reviews
Lyte or Lgyte or something.
Real easy to find "18650 lyte 18650 discharge graph"
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650CurvesAll%20UK.html

lygte-info.dk has always been my go-to.

Thunderheart also has some good, detailed battery reviews, and he frequents here.
https://www.thunderheartreviews.com/

Only a tiny subset of cells produced have any identity at all.

Thousands of fly by night makers and sellers, OEM relations, counterfeiters abound in the consumer marketplace.

Look for this sort of info before you buy.

Don't forget the rebranders, remarkers, reshrinkers, that take recycled garbage cells and resell them as new unused cells (sometimes of ridiculously impossible capacities, but more often as counterfeits of well-known brands).

Some of these are obviously not what they claim to be.

Some of these will require testing or removal of the shrinkwrap and "new endcaps" to determine capability / origin. :(

In either case, I don't know of a single page that has collected info on these (they change constantly, so would be very difficult to keep up with).

eMark said:
Once on this site it CAN NOT be copied so wasn't able to paste onto this ES thread. These cells could be several years old/new ... buyer beware ... the 13 pages of the first pdf link aren't available. When you buy cells at a cost that is too good to be true and the manufacturer won't allow critical specs to be retrieved (13 pages) then you got took.

Don't know what you mean with 13 pages.

Seems to about safety tests that another company made on the cells.
Would be nice if the manufacturer of the cells made the data available.
How else are customers suppose of know if they want to buy the cells?

Maybe i have too high expectations.

Suppose i was a customer and i wanted to buy cells with a certain chemistry.

scootergrisen said:
Would be nice if the manufacturer of the cells made the data available.
How else are customers suppose of know if they want to buy the cells?

Maybe i have too high expectations.

While I sympathize, cell manufacturers don't really have any motivation to sell to individuals, but pretty much only to large companies buying containerfuls of them at a time. Those companies would directly contact the manufacturers with their requirements, and then communications between them determine what they end up buying.

So they don't really need to have publicly-available specsheets for their products. FWIW, you can google search on a specific brand and model of cell, and probably find a manufacturer spec sheet that's been uploaded by someone somewhere. :) (I've done this a fair bit when helping noobs out here on ES over the years, since I don't try to remember what cells can do).

(they generally ignore individuals contacting them, as it's a waste of their time, profit-wise).

Absolutely, most reputable companies only sell by the container load to customers with battery-savvy engineers on staff.

The western consumer market is really scraping bottom of the barrel, why we get scraps.

The absolutely most treasured customer is Chinese military they get the cream.

scootergrisen said:
What information do you have that makes you think that is important?

Look at objective test data is much more valuable, first question is, does your use case demand high energy cells, or high power?

Can't have both. And if the answer is, doesn't matter, then you can save a lot of money.

Then again, longevity comes into that, cost per Ah per cycle, or cost per year may be very different.

Back