Paratrooper Pro on MAC 1000W

I built one a while back, its a Mac 8T that I run on 17s lipo. Its a real sprinter. Having the three speed switch is fabulous with this setup. The fork is carbon fiber. The bike with the battery weighs 22kg, I put a voltage meter on the battery pack with a switch to keep track of my fuel level... It zips!

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpeg
    securedownload-2.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 819
mrdavies said:
I build one a while back, its a Mac 8T that I run on 17s lipo. Its a real sprinter. Having the three speed switch is fabulous with this setup. The fork is carbon fiber. The bike with the battery weighs 22kg, I put a voltage meter on the battery pack with a switch to keep track of my fuel level... It zips!
A very nice setup! But I remember having a very it similar with a 20Ah LiFePo4 pouch on the rear rack with the 1000W motor, and with all that weight in the rear, it was a real struggle to lift it even 1 step on a staircase in my building. I'm currently looking at a mid-drive and mid-pack solution.
Great to see another New Yorker. Don't know if you're living at an apartment complex, but if you do, you must have Superman's steel cojones with all that LiPo.

Andytheswede said:
Was There anything less good with the Mac?
The motor itself is great. But as you gain more knowledge of motors, their specs, what they're best suited for, battery chemistry and configurations, you inevitably discover and make new things.

I originally thought that I need the fastest - 6T - wound. Actually, I didn't, since I couldn't really reach the speeds of 30 mph - on a bicycle it's just not safe at all. Then came the question of hub vs mid-drive. After a little thinking, in my area (semi-hilly, roads are full of potholes), with my riding style (slow to moderate speeds), with my stop-and-go traffic, the choice was simple - I needed a mid-drive, as it'd be a much more efficient solution. I chose BBS02 for its 48V that can better suit my riding - 36V would be a little too slow and on hills I'd be pushing it a little too much.

Ok, i see.
Yea i was looking at lightningrods midrive kit but felt that it required more skills than i have.
And also there was to high pedal cadence at 30mph,almost 93rpm.
To high for a fat bastard like me.

Back